Suggestions > Buying Staff

Buying Staff

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
302774.16 in reply to 302774.15
Date: 2/3/2020 4:08:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Protecting game values/policy/doctrine at all costs can sometimes backfire, backfire hard.

Constructive criticism is co-investment and should be differed from trolling and treated differently.

Good suggestion OP!

This Post:
302774.17 in reply to 302774.16
Date: 2/4/2020 7:51:10 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Kinda miss the days when we had level 10 staff and everyone in BB hired the same guy xD

This Post:
302774.18 in reply to 302774.4
Date: 2/6/2020 3:56:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to a capitalistic free market. The value is determined by what others are willing to pay for it. If the price of trainers is too high currently:

1. Wait until the demand settles
2. Decrease the level you want
3. Earn more money and buy one at that price

Just because you want to pay less money for higher quality things doesn't mean you get to.

This has nothing to do with a capitalistic free market.
You have many new players that actively participate in staff auctions too. Especially for superior trainers.
They don't have any clue on how system works and they are ready to spent fortune to secure a trainer they want.
They are at the same time most prone to losing patience and rage bidding. Lot of them after realizing bad decision/move quit and leave the game.

It is not realistic that salary increases every week. In real world salaries are fixed until next agreement is reached and new contract is signed. Salaries can go up and down based on performance and bonuses/penalties.

It is far from realistic that staff wages are that high in relative comparison to all other costs.

Lets say this is the best we have, which is hard to believe.
Then we have to take into account that people live in different time zones.

Bidding should not be closed before 24 hours has passed from the last bid. In this scenario everyone would have the same chance of getting the staff they want.

The other day there was a uncalled for crash downtime. I feel sorry that I haven't placed the bid one trainer I wanted because he was sold for peanuts. OK lucky player got it, but what wil do about the time all other players invested to find and BM same manager. Nothing.

I could go on and on. Staff market is a bad and not only unrealistic, but breaks immersivness too.

Finally as being critical leaves a bad taste in reader's mouth I would just like to add that I wouldn't bother being critical in the first place if I didn't like the game. So I invested my time to write this because I think BB is a great game with some minor flaws which can be addressed.

My 2 cents. Peace

PS nice fresh examples
https://www.buzzerbeater.com/manage/staffbox.aspx?staffid=...
https://www.buzzerbeater.com/manage/staffBox.aspx?StaffID=...
try finding one that isn't

Last edited by Che Gorilla at 2/8/2020 1:42:54 AM

This Post:
302774.19 in reply to 302774.18
Date: 2/12/2020 8:36:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If staff prices drop, money in the hands of big teams will accumulate more. This causes a price increase on the sold players. Inflation occurs. In this way, old teams establish better roster and monopolize. I'm not saying that, Keynes says.

In summary, high staff prices are better for small teams. They don't change much anyway.

This Post:
302774.20 in reply to 302774.19
Date: 2/12/2020 2:10:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Staff prices shouldn't be a tool to regulate anything in economy since that has nothing to do with RL and it totally breaks immersiveness. There are dozens of ways to regulate anything game wise, that's called game design. Staff solution here is simply put very bad design which is luckily not hard to change.

Besides economic implications which he uses to justify current situation are simply not true.

Last edited by Che Gorilla at 2/12/2020 2:14:14 PM

This Post:
302774.21 in reply to 302774.20
Date: 2/16/2020 8:06:24 AM
O-Beshimi
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I looked ar your roster 14 out of 16 are 20 and under. How many trainees do u have? I know the staff weekly increase isn't ideal in real life. We are all subject to the same increase. Even if you fire staff it will be replaced by minimal staff subject to weekly increase. There are also other aspects of this game that give you free money to offset this, like merchandise and tv money. No one complains about that though because it adds to the war chest. You can choose not to train or pay the price for an expensive trainer. Its just a part of the game that we deal with. Just move forward.

This Post:
302774.22 in reply to 302774.21
Date: 2/16/2020 11:24:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for reply and no worries, I am already out of here.