BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277748.151 in reply to 277748.150
Date: 4/18/2016 4:11:31 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I respect your opinion. I felt like you deserved an answer. There it is. I sincerely hope not to participate in this t

Sorry to make you run out of letters, but thanks anyway. I respect yours. Indeed I'm not lacking disrespect for Perpete either though he might be surprised to see that. Or Manon who took the time to bbmail me today.

Perpete, and to a lesser extent you, perhaps take the brunt of the criticism simply because no one else seems interested. I know I have singled out Perpete earlier in the thread, and perhaps that seems to imply that I might have something personal against him, but that is not the case.

There are two parts to his response. If you're not cheating, it doesn't mean you can discuss moderation, just like if it's not a moderation discussion, it doesn't make talking about cheating okay.

Not only am I not cheating, I'm not talking about cheating. Though again, I'd like to see a change to the manual so that it is clear that even people who have been banned for cheating get a reply telling them their appeal has been rejected.

But when the assertion is made that the rule doesn't even exist? Yes, that is absolutely the time to quote the rule.

Agreed, and I apologise. I should have worded my response (which deliberately wasn't a reply to you) to make it clear that the above was a general reference and not meant as a reply to you.

This Post:
277748.152 in reply to 277748.147
Date: 4/18/2016 5:27:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you merely want to know the specific rule about staff discussions, from the forum rules, in the section of posts not permitted:
- Discussing staff decisions (BBs/GMs/Mods). Please e-mail appeals@buzzerbeater.com with your complaint.

There you are. That is exactly what I'm talking about. That is used by staff to apply to anything and everything they don't like. That is unquestionably far too vague. If you followed that rule to the letter most of the forums would disappear. (Well, maybe not "most," but a huge chunk. Thank you for posting that, it confirms my point.

This Post:
277748.154 in reply to 277748.153
Date: 4/19/2016 2:47:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Man, if that happened you'd be one of the first five users to be banned permanently.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular