BB Global (English) > New daytrading rules

New daytrading rules (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
264414.152 in reply to 264414.151
Date: 11/10/2014 1:01:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The merits of autobid is that you can be ASSURED that NOBODY WILL OUTBID YOU BY LESS THAN YOU WERE WILLING TO PAY>

How much or how little someone outbids you by may be of interest to a day trader, but to someone who uses the transfer list to enhance his roster only the final bid matters -- you get the player or you don't. The color at the bottom of the transfer history, red or green, may be of paramount importance to a day trader, but W's and L's are of greater importance to someone who accepts BB as a basketball sim.

If someone thinks he is such a hot day trader, let him go to some off-shore gambling website and put his money where his big mouth is. Then he won't need to blow so much smoke. Meanwhile, I enjoy a basketball sim for what it is, a basketball sim.

This Post:
264414.153 in reply to 264414.146
Date: 11/10/2014 3:03:07 AM
Skytturnar
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I have this information from jonas in HT, letter he send after they took over again. I tried to find it but I couldn´t so may be it´s misunderstanding. If so, sorry for that but I´m pretty sure I remember it right.

About transfer strategy we use obviously the same strategy. I try to play I would play in RL to have it more realistic. For example I tried in 3 months to find a SF which had the minimum skill I was looking at (which are high) but without success. As I was in big problem with only one SF good enough I finish my search last week with buying overpriced but I can use in long time for squad dept so it was ok.

In sokker.org they have tax for selling players. I seen there one problem. Clubs with less money suffer for it because some times it takes time to sell player, special if you are selling on not a good time (there come autobid strong in) but clubs with a lot of money don´t find it on the budgets.

ps. It would be good if men see if someone reply to them in the forum

Sportssend.com
This Post:
264414.160 in reply to 264414.158
Date: 11/10/2014 7:23:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Seeing as how he had made it to D.III in one of the largest nations I would say he probably can handle him self.
Speculations. Besides it's fairly easy to check how he handles himself. His 11 rotation players are all above 33 and mostly 34-35yo. Out of 13 players he fielded last week, he had exactly 3 with over 50 and less than 72 minutes. He also crunched a team in the first week whose most expensive player had a 2.1k salary (I daresay bots would provide a better challenge than that).

Can we say we're respectful, but unimpressed?

Now, if he had any argument to bring to the table, we'd all be interested to hear him out. I haven't seen many reasoned arguments in his posts, mostly attacks on other people opinions which were just dismissive (without a shred of evidence or argumentation) and in no way constructive.

This Post:
264414.161 in reply to 264414.155
Date: 11/10/2014 10:06:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Seriously an, noobs like you need help. I don7t want to argue with you. I am not a humble guy, I am not nice all th time. Its not good, I know it. I react to jerks by being a jerk and I just blame everyone else. So I am trying to not be a jerk to you.

I kinda feel as if you failed big time in not trying to be the last thing you write in the first sentance of this quote. Luckily it was way down in that long post so maybe he didnt even get there before he stopped reading.
Manon, you just hit the nail on the head.
If your looking to get new managers sticking to this game i suggest a better approach then what you have got here.
I find the word noob to be a rather harsh word as a starter. Then throwing on a know it all besserwisser attitude sure doesnt help either.
If your gonna react like this to people that you think have the wrong idea i think you better change the way your answering back to them or stop from doing so entirely. Cause that attitude of yours sure scares people away more then anything that this game has to throw at new managers.

Well stated. It doesn't bother me that I have crossed swords with trainerman or his type, and occasionally he is good for a terrific belly-laugh. If he ever figures out that he would get further by addressing matters on their merits the forums would benefit, and if he has any good ideas amidst all that smoke and hellfire the game might benefit, too.

Edit: the expert from England, who originated in England III and spent four seasons there before promoting, isn't nearly as funny, so don't discourage trainerman too much, we need his humor.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 11/10/2014 10:21:27 AM

This Post:
264414.162 in reply to 264414.153
Date: 11/10/2014 10:41:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have this information from jonas in HT, letter he send after they took over again. I tried to find it but I couldn´t so may be it´s misunderstanding. If so, sorry for that but I´m pretty sure I remember it right.

About transfer strategy we use obviously the same strategy. I try to play I would play in RL to have it more realistic. For example I tried in 3 months to find a SF which had the minimum skill I was looking at (which are high) but without success. As I was in big problem with only one SF good enough I finish my search last week with buying overpriced but I can use in long time for squad dept so it was ok.

In sokker.org they have tax for selling players. I seen there one problem. Clubs with less money suffer for it because some times it takes time to sell player, special if you are selling on not a good time (there come autobid strong in) but clubs with a lot of money don´t find it on the budgets.

ps. It would be good if men see if someone reply to them in the forum

Way too rational a post. How do you expect to get a reply? ;)

The point about a listing tax hurting people that should not necessarily be considered a problem is a good point. If you buy an 18 year old trainee, give him seven seasons of training and turn him into a superb player, and then list him at a fair price but don't get bites for a while, the listing tax would be hurting a person for a behavior that one presumes should be encouraged.

I think it was Hattrick (though I might be wrong here) that had a rule that you could only list non-homegrown players a number of times equal to the number of times they've played for you (so you buy a player and he can't be relisted until he appears in a game). Something like that concept applied to listing tax and a maximum initial bid price might be a decent solution - if a guy has only played 10 minutes in your club, for example, you might only be able to list him for sale at 1k for free, or up to his initial purchase price with a listing tax. If he's played for you 2000 minutes, conversely, you might be able to list him up to a $2M initial bid price with no listing tax.

Those are all just rough numbers, of course, just thrown together as the idea struck me from reading your post.

Advertisement