BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > S34 Salary floor increase: Comedy or drama?

S34 Salary floor increase: Comedy or drama?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277256.154 in reply to 277256.152
Date: 3/19/2016 5:37:14 PM
Maddogs-Hellas
IV.5
Overall Posts Rated:

I do not have the numbers, but the %age are different depending on the staff level.

Staff salary increase = 0.75% + (0.25% * staff level)

Is this an estimate or an exact figure?

This Post:
277256.156 in reply to 277256.155
Date: 3/19/2016 7:13:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As an old player that have been away from BB for quite a few seasons, I find it crippling to have to focus on building my arena for a season or two. I could focus only on that, as experience tells me it pays off, but it takes away a lot of the fun. So I have taken the middle road, buying players at almost the same rate that I have built my stadium even though I have a lot of time until the salary floor hits me.

It is a bit confusing with the economy overview showing the income based upon the salary floor before it applies.

Since training is such a big part of the game, more staff should be available. Since the game is built kinda lika a study in economics, it clearly shows that as long as there are people/teams with a lot of money they run the game. Maybe it is time for a revolution. I know that if I spend a few years of my life I will get to the top level (at least in my country), but what happened to the fun part? I think BB needs some more goofy content available to more people. Like customisable jerseys (I will never stop insisting on this), customisable half time show, and such. And let the supporter options for easier search, more stats etc be an option for the serious players.

My concern is that for new players, especially in a micronation, such as my own, the gap from playing bot teams in div II, to playing top teams in div I is enormous. I remember the first time I played, when my nation had players in three divisions, I could play the promotion bonus and subsequently demote to get top draft picks until I got to a level where I could stay in division and have a run at promotion to the top league. That was fun. Now I feel like I don't stand any chance if(!) I promote, and playing bots gets boring after a while. I would actually propose merging the scandinavian leagues (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Island) to get some dynamics into these leagues. I also remember that I spent a lot of time following the market for other micronations, so I could train players that had a good chance at getting into the U21/NT. I'm getting off topic, so I will stop now.

Last edited by Surpomp at 3/19/2016 7:16:19 PM

To: RiP
This Post:
277256.158 in reply to 277256.157
Date: 3/20/2016 7:19:50 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
The BB staff has been mostly stagnant on the micro-nation issue for a while now, but there have been some recent pushes to get something done on that front. Just so people don't freak out, it should be known that nothing will change without first receiving massive amounts of feedback from the BB community, and specifically the micro-nation communities.

A really good idea, proposed many times, is to allow second teams (for those that want to pay for them) in micro nations. I think this would really invigorate those nations and not harm the wider game. Oh wait, forget it, you invented a fake nation instead. Sorry.

This Post:
277256.160 in reply to 277256.159
Date: 3/20/2016 10:39:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
After lenghty discussion with the community. All options had their fans and their opponents. That option was not chosen, that's all.
It really saddens me when things are cut off this way by staff members.

Now let's examine some facts shall we?
1) We are in the 8th Utopia season. Several people might have a different opinion after they have seen this experiment in action for an extended period of time. Some might still have the same opinion and some might not
2) I also urge you to go and re-read the thread and stop playing the card that the users specifically chose 'Utopia' the way it has been implemented.

Marin's opening post and subsequent interventions were not exactly clear on the possible plans and the options were never explained in detail, so no argument pro and against could seriously be made because nobody had any idea what the options would be in reality (probably Marin included at that stage). We had generic ideas, never actual detailed proposals and definitely the discussion was of rather underwhelming quality because of it. In a way, you could also say that the poll and the thread was quite blatantly 'biased' because of it, to use a terminology you like to use when referring to polls. The option of having second teams in other nations has never been presented together with logical safeguards for the original country users, so it was obviously never presented fairly from the beginning.

I bet that if I start a poll in global about this now (which I can't because it would have to go in suggestions where regular users don't see it), with a detailed description of how it would look like and proper safeguards, the majority of users would vote to allow people to move/start a second team in a limited set of nations instead of Utopia (for example to micronations where the users express the desire to have foreign second teams)?

Last edited by Lemonshine at 3/20/2016 10:48:27 AM

This Post:
277256.161 in reply to 277256.159
Date: 3/20/2016 2:20:56 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
After lenghty discussion with the community. All options had their fans and their opponents. That option was not chosen, that's all.

Although lemon has already covered this, since you replied to me, I'd like to say my piece too. I remember the lengthy discussion. The way I remember it the vast majority of people were expecting to be able to have a second team in another real country, and this is what most desired. You may remember things differently but I don't even recall it being close.

I don't even recall much was said about a new fake country at all, but perhaps I just dismissed this as I found the idea ridiculous in the extreme. And still do. Sorry Utopians, you just don't exist to me. Though I do have your flag, so colour me hypocritical.

What I remember is a few xenophobes in some countries (not all of them micros), and I do remember it was only a few, crying about having to play against foreigners. How horrible it would have been for them to have people using a foreign tongue on their forum. I myself am quite happy to see the many foreign born users (sorry to those that don't like that word) in England. In terms of BB, especially when I was NT coach I regarded them as English users anyway. But then some people are just racist. (There are those who hate the English both in life and BB). I believe the choice was made with the idea of not upsetting anyone, instead of doing what was best, and a poor decision was made.

While that was slightly off topic in my reply to the BB, my point is that discussion is largely irrelevant. We have no say. Even when the majority speak. Its merely a salve to make us think the BBs care about our opinion. And before you cry back that the majority is silent, I was referring to the majority of those whose opinion we knew. Those who don't speak can't have their opinion heard, and so can't be counted.

This Post:
277256.164 in reply to 277256.162
Date: 3/20/2016 4:43:19 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I will be honest here. I didn't read both of your posts with great attention.

I'll be honest myself, I don't think you ever do. I read yours though. I read every post I reply to. I feel its more respectful that way.

Many people accused Utopia to have had a bad effect on the market prices. I let those people imagine what 1000 teams with economy from D1/D2 would have done to the market prices instead of mostly teams in D3 and D4.

I'll let you imagine what you want. You've no idea what that would have done, and you can't imagine it would be the same as utopia, similar to it, or completely different. Or even how many users would have bought a new team under those circumstances, because it didn't happen.

Now I think this thread is about Salary floor, not Utopia.

As I said, I read your posts, and you often do this. State your case and attempt to make it the last word by blocking replies by insinuating you'll delete anything off topic that follows. I recommend if you do that, then you go through this thread and delete everything slightly off topic, and then go through every other thread on here and do the same. Otherwise I'll just continue to regard it as another attempt to close down something you don't like.

Advertisement