BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.155 in reply to 129389.152
Date: 1/29/2010 6:29:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the rich part of the city, people get money with little effort so they can waste money without consequences. All of them have at least a Ferrari (or whatever car you think is cool and expensive).
In the poor part of the city, people don´t have money for cars, so they just have bikes and old cars.
Of course, people in the rich district very few times come to the poor part, and viceversa... So what? A poor person have a bike, his neighbours have also bikes, so he didn´t really need a Ferrari. However the rich people, yes, they need Ferraris because other way their lives would have no sense.

In the rich part, they have fast cars, but they don´t know very well how to drive because they don´t make real competitions between them. In the poor part, in order to survive, you really need to be the fastest pedaling with your bike, so you can buy a motorbike, then you have to be the best motorbike driver so you can buy a car and so on. But the 90% of the poor citizens will never have a Ferrari.

Hey man!

A-M-E-N

The funny thing of BB is pedaling --> motorcycling --> driving old car...
This would justify that those easy-created powerful teams do not really play this game, at least what I considered true Buzzerbeater.

Last edited by Pappa Flaah at 1/29/2010 6:31:23 AM

This Post:
129389.157 in reply to 129389.150
Date: 1/29/2010 8:34:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that an advantage on the TL means something. If we speak about staff members for example if I have a 18 years old MVP potencial player and a team of a less populated country has another high potencial player. If both of us play in the same division in our countries and he is in a better economical situacion because of the economical inbalance he can hire a level 6 trainer maybe and I will be able to hire only a level 4 trainer.

if both play in the same league you should have the same income, or you ha to overthink your strategy ;)

This affects negatively the spanish sub-21 team that is in clear desadvantages. Or if a spanish sub 21 player is being trained in one of this cointries teams he has an advantages over me to getting his player named for the sub-21 team because of his economical advantage and his possibility of hiring better trainers. And if his player is named an mine no I am losing money.

it looks wired, that the spanish/italians subs usually are better, and have big advantage about the small nations - because of more managers who maybe sacrified a bit succes for their teams(hiring a level 6 trainer is for example such a step, because i don't believe that this is economic) and have a lot more drafts.

Since the staff members is the same for all of us the system is punishing some countries teams. Its evident.I really think that we are playing a diferent game depending on the country we play. I am still waiting the premium version that others countries have. maybe someday?

at least it punish my competition the same like it punish me.

This Post:
129389.158 in reply to 129389.157
Date: 1/29/2010 8:41:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What do you think about what LA-Emilio has exlained?
I think that he has expressed what most of us feel.

This Post:
129389.159 in reply to 129389.152
Date: 1/29/2010 8:41:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In general I agree with what you are saying. However, I disagree with the following:

But the global competition is not based on equality, so who's the best?

There is no global competition. Just some weird tournament called the B3, which is not really a global competition. I say that because one of the ways to get in is by winning the National Cup... And doing that takes mostly luck. The actual tournament is all about luck, too, because of the random draw involved and part of that random draw is home court advantage. There is no game shape management involved, either, which basically means it is your best players against my best players, so depth does not really matter Also, the amount of money from winning games in the B3 is absurd. The tournament means absolutely nothing from that standpoint.

Also, I think your allegory is a bit of an exagerration. It is more like there are two parts of town: one that is really rich, another that is just rich. In both cities people are driving Ferrari's. It is just that the 2nd city is a bit bigger, so not everyone gets a Ferrari, but everyone can afford at least a comfortable mid-sized sedan.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.160 in reply to 129389.159
Date: 1/29/2010 9:14:08 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that only the top 128 teams in the world should be able to play in the BB3. For KING DRIVE BALLERS not to have made the BB3 being ranked #4 at the end of last season was just not right.
Then you can have region champion leagues games...Asia and Africa and so on..
Or, make teams from new countries play the runner ups( in the league) from the 10 biggest( most users) countries. That should fix everything I think. peace

This Post:
129389.162 in reply to 129389.161
Date: 1/29/2010 9:26:17 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
NO. Teams go up and down. I went from 7200 last season to 3300 this season. Sure, the top 50 might still be the same but I think there will be 30 to 40 new teams a year.

This Post:
129389.163 in reply to 129389.160
Date: 1/29/2010 9:26:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that only the top 128 teams in the world should be able to play in the BB3. For KING DRIVE BALLERS not to have made the BB3 being ranked #4 at the end of last season was just not right.
Then you can have region champion leagues games...Asia and Africa and so on..
Or, make teams from new countries play the runner ups( in the league) from the 10 biggest( most users) countries. That should fix everything I think. peace

Then you don't have a tournament of champions, which is the point of B3.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
129389.164 in reply to 129389.163
Date: 1/29/2010 9:33:35 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
I am sure that all the champions from the major countries will be there. But, I hear your point.
Then I would say my second suggestion would work. Make the Champions from second year or younger countries have to play the league runner ups from the 15 biggest countries. that would work..peace

This Post:
129389.165 in reply to 129389.160
Date: 1/29/2010 9:47:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about having a number of national cups based on the size of users in each country?

Everyone with less than 512* teams has one national cup, countries with more users get one national cup for every 512 users, allowing the countries with harder competition more teams in the B3.

*could be 256, 512, 1024... whatever fits the BB's masterplan best.

Combined with JosefKa's suggestion with income cap according to salary (actual levels may have to be adjusted), it should make things more even. Small countries still have to struggle with impossibillity to get good domestic players for their teams and have weaker communities, and already get limited merchandise for imported players along with the (often) lesser TV income based on division strength. Then all these small factors work together to make it a globally fair(ish) game.

I know of 1 user in Norway (approx 0,7%) that has a level 6 trainer, and that is a priviledge of very few teams, and as Crazyeye says, is mostly not worth it economically. One week injury and it is all wasted... If it is impossible to find money to build arena, you will get surpassed by teams that have patience and build their infrastructure from the very beginning, training their own players (even if they are not THE BEST prospects in the world) and then starts the climb. In that scenario perhaps it is wiser to risk dropping a division one season while building arena.

Last, talking of a 5 season plan as an example of a very long plan to climb 3-5 divisions does not sound like a long period to me. I've been stuck in the same division for 5 seasons.

Advertisement