BB Global (English) > New daytrading rules

New daytrading rules (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
264414.160 in reply to 264414.158
Date: 11/10/2014 7:23:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Seeing as how he had made it to D.III in one of the largest nations I would say he probably can handle him self.
Speculations. Besides it's fairly easy to check how he handles himself. His 11 rotation players are all above 33 and mostly 34-35yo. Out of 13 players he fielded last week, he had exactly 3 with over 50 and less than 72 minutes. He also crunched a team in the first week whose most expensive player had a 2.1k salary (I daresay bots would provide a better challenge than that).

Can we say we're respectful, but unimpressed?

Now, if he had any argument to bring to the table, we'd all be interested to hear him out. I haven't seen many reasoned arguments in his posts, mostly attacks on other people opinions which were just dismissive (without a shred of evidence or argumentation) and in no way constructive.

This Post:
264414.161 in reply to 264414.155
Date: 11/10/2014 10:06:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Seriously an, noobs like you need help. I don7t want to argue with you. I am not a humble guy, I am not nice all th time. Its not good, I know it. I react to jerks by being a jerk and I just blame everyone else. So I am trying to not be a jerk to you.

I kinda feel as if you failed big time in not trying to be the last thing you write in the first sentance of this quote. Luckily it was way down in that long post so maybe he didnt even get there before he stopped reading.
Manon, you just hit the nail on the head.
If your looking to get new managers sticking to this game i suggest a better approach then what you have got here.
I find the word noob to be a rather harsh word as a starter. Then throwing on a know it all besserwisser attitude sure doesnt help either.
If your gonna react like this to people that you think have the wrong idea i think you better change the way your answering back to them or stop from doing so entirely. Cause that attitude of yours sure scares people away more then anything that this game has to throw at new managers.

Well stated. It doesn't bother me that I have crossed swords with trainerman or his type, and occasionally he is good for a terrific belly-laugh. If he ever figures out that he would get further by addressing matters on their merits the forums would benefit, and if he has any good ideas amidst all that smoke and hellfire the game might benefit, too.

Edit: the expert from England, who originated in England III and spent four seasons there before promoting, isn't nearly as funny, so don't discourage trainerman too much, we need his humor.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 11/10/2014 10:21:27 AM

This Post:
264414.162 in reply to 264414.153
Date: 11/10/2014 10:41:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have this information from jonas in HT, letter he send after they took over again. I tried to find it but I couldn´t so may be it´s misunderstanding. If so, sorry for that but I´m pretty sure I remember it right.

About transfer strategy we use obviously the same strategy. I try to play I would play in RL to have it more realistic. For example I tried in 3 months to find a SF which had the minimum skill I was looking at (which are high) but without success. As I was in big problem with only one SF good enough I finish my search last week with buying overpriced but I can use in long time for squad dept so it was ok.

In sokker.org they have tax for selling players. I seen there one problem. Clubs with less money suffer for it because some times it takes time to sell player, special if you are selling on not a good time (there come autobid strong in) but clubs with a lot of money don´t find it on the budgets.

ps. It would be good if men see if someone reply to them in the forum

Way too rational a post. How do you expect to get a reply? ;)

The point about a listing tax hurting people that should not necessarily be considered a problem is a good point. If you buy an 18 year old trainee, give him seven seasons of training and turn him into a superb player, and then list him at a fair price but don't get bites for a while, the listing tax would be hurting a person for a behavior that one presumes should be encouraged.

I think it was Hattrick (though I might be wrong here) that had a rule that you could only list non-homegrown players a number of times equal to the number of times they've played for you (so you buy a player and he can't be relisted until he appears in a game). Something like that concept applied to listing tax and a maximum initial bid price might be a decent solution - if a guy has only played 10 minutes in your club, for example, you might only be able to list him for sale at 1k for free, or up to his initial purchase price with a listing tax. If he's played for you 2000 minutes, conversely, you might be able to list him up to a $2M initial bid price with no listing tax.

Those are all just rough numbers, of course, just thrown together as the idea struck me from reading your post.

This Post:
264414.163 in reply to 264414.161
Date: 11/10/2014 10:49:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Edit: the expert from England, who originated in England III and spent four seasons there before promoting, isn't nearly as funny, so don't discourage trainerman too much, we need his humor.
I'm not a math graduate but...
a) I made the playoffs (13 Human Teams) the first 2 seasons and promoted on the third. That'd be 2+1=3
b) I made the playoffs in my first run in D2. I went to the finals (and lost) in my second run.
c) I suggest you check the payroll expenditure as when I promoted from D3 I was bottom half in the league. Last season I had the 4th lowest payroll in my league.

I must say I'm even more unimpressed by bot-crunchers, running high payroll geriatrics teams who evidently are not math graduates either.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 11/10/2014 1:16:11 PM

This Post:
264414.164 in reply to 264414.163
Date: 11/10/2014 10:56:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Edit: the expert from England, who originated in England III and spent four seasons there before promoting ... I'm not a math graduate but...
a) I made the playoffs (13 Human Teams) the first 2 seasons and promoted on the third. That'd be 2+1=3
b) I made the playoffs in my first run in D2. I went to the finals (and lost) in my second run.
c) I suggest you check the payroll expenditure as when I promoted from D3 I was bottom half in the league. Last season I had the 4th lowest payroll in my league.

Good thing you're not a math student.

"In season 26, Stinkilemons were crowned champions of league England III.2
In season 26, Stinkilemons were one of the final 128 teams in the England Tournament
In season 25, Stinkilemons made the playoffs in league England III.2
In season 25, Stinkilemons were one of the final 64 teams in the England Tournament
In season 24, Stinkilemons made the playoffs in league England III.2
In season 24, Stinkilemons were one of the final 512 teams in the England Tournament
In season 23, Stinkilemons won the relegation series to stay in league England III.2"

23 ... 24 ... 25 ... 26 ... in most developed countries, probably even in England, that is four seasons ... or maybe they publish your record incorrectly.

I feel for you about low payroll, though. I have made it so far with an arena that is far, far smaller than any in the league I am in now. Most of the arenas are at least double the size of ours, so we are in effect a small market team making our way among much larger market teams. This season will be arena-season, not championship-season. TTFN.

Last edited by Mike Franks at 11/10/2014 10:57:27 AM

This Post:
264414.166 in reply to 264414.162
Date: 11/10/2014 12:00:27 PM
Skytturnar
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Good point!

Yes, it´s good idea to let them play one match (why should they bought them if not to use them?).

Too in HT. If you buy a player you can´t sell him and get 100% selling fee, it´s takes time. For example player you bought 7 days ago mean that if you sell him after 7 days you get 86.38% of the selling fee. Very good rule and may be better than tax for selling beccause it´s more fair.

Sportssend.com
This Post:
264414.167 in reply to 264414.164
Date: 11/10/2014 12:04:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Apparently Perpete anticipated me.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 11/10/2014 12:43:28 PM

This Post:
264414.168 in reply to 264414.162
Date: 11/10/2014 12:05:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Something like that concept applied to listing tax and a maximum initial bid price might be a decent solution - if a guy has only played 10 minutes in your club, for example, you might only be able to list him for sale at 1k for free, or up to his initial purchase price with a listing tax. If he's played for you 2000 minutes, conversely, you might be able to list him up to a $2M initial bid price with no listing tax.
This is another good idea.

If you buy an 18 year old trainee, give him seven seasons of training and turn him into a superb player, and then list him at a fair price but don't get bites for a while, the listing tax would be hurting a person for a behavior that one presumes should be encouraged.
I can see how a listing tax could be punitive, but we have to agree on what behaviour we're trying to encourage and what we're trying to prevent.

I believe the original point made while suggesting a tax on listings was to encourage lower asking prices and hit day traders. If you imagine a day trader buying for 1k and reselling for 250k he'd be hit by 50k (as the minimum fee used to be around 20%) whether he sells or not. With such a change he will likely list at a lower amount fearing the player would go unsold at 250k. A tax on listing would reduce the average listing price for players (hitting daytraders the most), but also would lower the number of players on the TL and increase the number of players being cut, which obviously are unwanted bad consequences.

The current minimum fee which is going to be deducted from a sale is 3%. That is only applied if you sell the player. If you're trying to sell a draftee for 800k, you could list at 1k and hope there is enough demand to push the price to that level or list at 800k and hope someone bids on him. Assuming 800k is a fair price, if the market is very liquid listing at 1k would often yield better results. If you had a tax you stand to lose a minimum of $3 plus the difference between the actual purchase price and 800k (which may be as high as $799k) in the first case; or $24k for each time you try to list the player in the second case.

3% is an arbitrary number which was decided upon by the developers. I'm not sure people would be against reducing that 3% number further for players held for 3+ seasons.

I believe Sokker.org has a similar system and doesn't charge you just for listing (I may be mistaken on this though). Sokker.org also differs in that the transfer market is a lot more liquid and you continue to get money from further sales of players you developed.

All in all, a lot of proposals on how to change the buying/selling mechanisms in the game have merit. I think what Marin decided to implement was quick and easy, it has a few unwanted consequences, but it does serve its purpose and people can easily live with it. The main criticism has been that it came into the game unannounced and that it (mildly) affects non day traders.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 11/10/2014 12:23:10 PM

Advertisement