BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum

Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
130835.16 in reply to 130835.8
Date: 2/8/2010 5:56:56 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about dividing transfer thread into different threads according to players' age and salary? I consider these are the most popular things when one's looking through the TL..

We are the ones who wanna play, always wanna go but we never wanna stay
This Post:
130835.17 in reply to 130835.14
Date: 2/8/2010 5:58:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I get it. Everyone who mention LT mods in theme - "Nuovi BB" was kidding too?

I said only the truth, i receive arrogant BBmails without reason.

Our forum works well, there isn't spam, everyone can say his opinion and the comunity grows day by day.. the threads closed didn't respect the rules, but is it a real problem? Why do you want to change something that works in a better way than the useless system? Expecially if you consider that Italy + Spain = 1/5 all BB (cit.)

I see bigger problems in global forum sir..

Last edited by B31 (IDT Member) at 2/8/2010 6:00:11 AM

This Post:
130835.19 in reply to 130835.18
Date: 2/8/2010 6:07:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's not a good idea. it will become a crappy thread in 3-4 seconds.
I remember the old threads in global: they were useless and with many deleted message.
but in the single community the "tons" of message deleted in that threads are almost zero (or at least a very small number).
I propose that solution:
1- let the threads in the single community. the old rules were good, few moderating work for the staff.
2a- simply don't create the same threads in global (no modereting work)
2b- create in global 2 auto-generating (users can not write on it) threads with the ads from the new sistem (no moderating work). I admit I have no idea about how to implement it. but I think you can do that.
what do you think?

Well, we can guarantee it only for Italian Threads, I don't know how it works in other countries.
I tend to assume that people, who are unable to respect the very few rules that we have in the game about Forums and moderation, do the same in their own country. It would be surely great if only one warning would be enough to stop all bad behaviours, but in many cases it is not enough
I don't think that BB-Charles one day woke himself up in the morning and without reasons decided to delete those threads creating a new advertising system.

Last edited by NdR619 - Pilipinas U21 at 2/8/2010 6:09:26 AM

This Post:
130835.20 in reply to 130835.2
Date: 2/8/2010 6:12:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Having said that, it's a placebo that, we found, was doing a lot of damage. Because some people believe that forum ads make the price go up, they'd put forum ads in places where they really got in the way. Forum ads were responsible for a large number of fines, a large number of forum bans, etc. Basically, things that were making a lot of managers unhappy and taking up a lot of administrative time.

Well... it's seems like... everyone it's not following the rules of conduct in the forum, so we change the system... I've seen so many threads closed here, sometimes without any explanation just "for fun", so the moderation on Global-Forum exist... it can't exist for two usefull threads instead of creating one useless system?

Why federation's thread is open? Why logo's thread is open? Why private league's thread is open? It's not a request of something? like a request of scrimmage?

I appreciate when you, yourself, answer to user question, because you allow us to think, but I really don't find the problem... you won't moderate the forum because you get bored or intolerant? Why do you have "mod" before your name? You've said:

but Italy is one of 96 national forums...

yep, but... Italy's post double Global Forum... Spain, Lithuania, Portugal, Poland, Chile have 1/4 posts than Italy... everything is good there... some deleted posts, some arguments sometimes, some threads closed, a few ban and fines and 137585 posts right now on the only BB-Italy's Forum.
Manage a forum like that should be harder... it looks easier... why? I don't know if it's because we have good Mods and GMs or because we read rules and respect them, but should be a combination between these situations, don't you think?

Edju's idea is how allowing spam, that's not the solution.

Just a point for UcanUwill, even if I think you're italian

you broke the rules, and now you are mad and despising Lithuanians and their mods in your national forum?... yes I see.

I don't see between rules something that inhibit to create an ads and scrimmage thread on National Forum, so these threads have been close because BBs decide it, but it not a game rule and not a conduct rule, so... which rule we've broken? I didn't know that you were the user who was the responsible, now I know, but it doesn't care.

I'd like these threads would be re-opened in Italy an all over the countries who find these threads usefull instead of ads-scrimmage system.

Charles, you need a global rule? You already have one... if people don't respect it after a warning they don't deserve to play that game. That's my rule

Last edited by Steve Makis™ at 2/8/2010 7:02:03 AM

This Post:
130835.22 in reply to 130835.11
Date: 2/8/2010 7:13:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

BB staff, are you tolerate this?

"Quando il gatto non c"è, i topi ballano!" (Cit. UcanUwill signature)

Before I think you must consider about your forums signature.
You think that is correct or it's a provocation?

This Post:
130835.24 in reply to 130835.23
Date: 2/8/2010 8:15:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I feel sorry, because your posts are spot on and whether or not someone would agree with them, there are some clear statements in them that are based on facts that are by some people totally ignored.

I believe you did the studies and if the transfer ads, add no value to players than it is a useless ad and warrents no extra time to moderate them.

You also clearly stated that moderating these transfer ads folders is taking up too much time. lol and than someone suggests to appoint 10 more mods?

You have asked for a solution and so far I have only seen 1 posted. I think it is a workable idea, if the italian comunity wants a transfer adds forum, why not create one off site and have a link with sticky somewhere on the BB italian forums, but with the disclosure that you do not take any responsibility for what is being said and done on these off site forums.

I cant see any other solution to be honest...

ps I also cant see why it is relevant what community posts the most add, is the biggest or who moderates their forums best or who has the best behaving users for the forums. I have worked in many different multi cultural companies with 20 or more nationalities, you can say that how people from different countries behave differently. What one country percieves as a rude post,in another country this is totally acceptable. I know u cant generalise, but you need to see the whole buzzerbeater community as a whole and have the same rules for them all. Or else you should start having rule sets for every country differently, and as I am sure everyone can agree this is a non starter... (I hope everyone understands what I am trying to say)...

Last edited by Astragoth at 2/8/2010 8:23:21 AM

This Post:
130835.25 in reply to 130835.23
Date: 2/8/2010 8:24:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
no effect on sale price (so there is no reagl ingame inbalance, it's only a forum rules-related matter), but an effect in making the forum a place of aggregation, thus helping the growth of a community.
i really appreciate your effort in explaining the BB's point of view, but i'm afraid here we just have to agree to disagree.
i think like this you just make the forums a place a little bit less interesting than before. while i can't observe things from your point of view, so i admit i could be missing pieces of the global picture, i still think that forum usage should be encouraged when the local gms and mods can handle it.
anyway i'm a user and you're the developers - do whatever you think is better to do, i'll play and translate as long as i find it worthwhile :)

edit: just to be clear, i'd think and say the exact same things if the country involved wasn't mine. it's not a personal matter at all, it's about the main concept behind it.

Last edited by Zezo™ at 2/8/2010 8:27:11 AM

This Post:
130835.26 in reply to 130835.25
Date: 2/8/2010 8:36:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
sorry pls dont get upset when u read this. it isnt ment personal, but i dont think u understand what he is trying to say.

when i understand you and pls correct me when i am wrong. you believe the ads should be allowed as long a
i still think that forum usage should be encouraged when the local gms and mods can handle it.
this is your opinion right? This is easy to say for a country like italy. What if in some countries the gms and mods cant handle the work load, when i understand you than you feel they shouldnt have these ads and you in italy should because you can handle the adds. this is what the BB means, this would be an unfair situation with alot off non italian BB users. (users that cant have these ads for the reasons just mentioned).

Now imagine you being from one off these countries where they cant have these ads. You wouldnt be happy Italy has them and you dont have them...

The issue I think isnt whether Italy should have them or not. The question is whether it is worth it to have the extra work to moderate these ads outside a good working comunity like italy. The answer to that is no, because these ads dont add any value to the players and it would mean they would have to hire many more GMs and Mods for other countries...

Advertisement