Suggestions > Raise the dead

Raise the dead

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
133846.16 in reply to 133846.14
Date: 3/13/2010 7:27:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's a flaw in the game, not only you don't acknowledge it but you blame the careless users. That's why I felt compelled to post here. I didn't understand it as a critic of the French NT but more as a head stuck in the sand.

This player was a NT player dropped because of a long run of bad game shape. Even a LeBron James kind of player would be dropped if he constantly turned up with a mediocre/average GS. Even tough he was not LeBron, he was a worthwhile player with a double-digit NT caps mercilessly "killed". He was good enough. But he's dead and buried, no one is putting faith in his "return".

The rules are not set up to protect players who aren't good enough to be on their NT ? Fair enough.
Do the rules stop users to engage in this type of dubious disruptive destructive style of gaming ? No. That's something that maybe should be looked into before it becomes pandemonium.
I don't have any pseudo-ethical problem with farming or mutual TIEs. But in this case of NT players kill, I see it as a simply destructive gaming style that should not be welcome or allowed to flourish in rules "loopholes".
Regardless of the real intent of the owner of Riaud - he may have not been driven by malign intent, I won't pretend I know for sure - there should be a possibility, in the future, to resuscitate players like Riaud. Or just like one can turn useful to his community by becoming a farm team which is a long-term commitment, we may see a new pattern of hitman teams, short, efficient and silent ;p
At least, a federation named the NT players hitman guild should be fun, well if you are in the guild... ^^

Please Charles, I am not trying to be offensive in any way but you comment without having a simple look at the transfer or the player on topic, it doesn't show much consideration for user's posts. I see you want to keep it a theorical discussion but this case is worth to look at because it's the highest profile player that ended this way. This team cashed in 7M in players sells two weeks prior the buy of Riaud for 5M, no way this team had financial trouble that urged a firing and the net loss of millions in cash. At best, it was stupid and the GM is punished for it. I don't want to look at the worst possibility, I want to trust you and that you do your best to prevent it from happening. It's not a case about Riaud, he's gone, it's all right but what in the future ?

This Post:
133846.17 in reply to 133846.16
Date: 3/14/2010 2:36:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So you have no problem with farm teams? Users getting tired of players and just train one prospect to inhuman heights, when they can not support them, so they list them. I have no problems with users going out with a bang, buying those guys and burying them:) That's great thinking imo, take on "almost-NT" player and retire him :) If he was so valuable, why did none of the french buy him? Let me answer the question for you, he was not good enough.

This Post:
133846.19 in reply to 133846.18
Date: 3/14/2010 3:16:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
More work for GM-s to ban some users! At last those multis will make mistakes and will be caught. You actually can not kill a player that noone will sell. Think about it...

This Post:
133846.20 in reply to 133846.19
Date: 3/14/2010 3:31:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why would they be necessarily mulltis ?

Riaud was bought by a polish team.
Well, how surprising. He began to be bad trained, having bad amounts of minutes just after an important match between France and Poland was announced, if I remember well.
it wasn't a multi account. Just a farm that became a trap for NT potential from a rival NT.

Last edited by Dunker Joe at 3/14/2010 3:32:37 PM

BBF, le forum francophone : = (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/)
This Post:
133846.21 in reply to 133846.20
Date: 3/14/2010 3:43:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Do you know they are not multis?
I just find farm team managers odd. Who would actually find playing for just one player fun? Should we punish every manager who trains their players badly? Perhaps that user wanted to ruin something great - it's his choise. Even if he would not have retired him, his bad training would still remove him from France NT intrest list, sooner or later.

This Post:
133846.23 in reply to 133846.21
Date: 3/14/2010 3:54:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Do you know if this world is true or if you live within a matrix ? :p

This polish team had a normal behaviour right before. I don't know if you might even tell it was a farm before. Like many teams considered as farms, anyway.
They most often become it to keep 1 player, they rarely are created with that aim from the beginning.
If it was, do you realize how many seasons would be necessary to have the money to buy 1 player to farm and also to pay his salary ?

Would you suggest that the team of the former french N°1 zisvan is a multi, now that he began taking care of 3 NT french player or potential NT, for instance ? :p

BBF, le forum francophone : = (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/)
This Post:
133846.24 in reply to 133846.23
Date: 3/14/2010 3:58:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There will always be exceptions.

This Post:
133846.25 in reply to 133846.22
Date: 3/14/2010 4:02:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
BB is a game of mathematics. You do not have to spend too much time here to be successful. You can still have normal life while successfully playing BB. If you want to own at WOW, you will have to nolife. Simple as that.
Nothing is impossible in this game. You just need patience.

Advertisement