Show messages by
This Post:
273267.16 in reply to 273267.15
Date: 9/11/2015 1:36:29 PM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmmm, that makes me think of something.

We have a number of season ticket holders, right? Why not calculate an amout of money that each team gets at the start of the season based on that season ticket holders? Well, it shouldn't be too much, of course but that can help compensate long away trips and this will make that feature a little relevant and more "realistic"

Just an idea...

Last edited by fuchsi_love at 9/11/2015 1:38:06 PM

This Post:
273267.17 in reply to 273267.16
Date: 9/11/2015 1:38:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes i know its financialy irrelevant but i you play a better team, higher division team you eould have better chances if you play at home.

This Post:
273267.18 in reply to 273267.16
Date: 9/11/2015 4:12:41 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Hmmm, that makes me think of something.

We have a number of season ticket holders, right? Why not calculate an amout of money that each team gets at the start of the season based on that season ticket holders? Well, it shouldn't be too much, of course but that can help compensate long away trips and this will make that feature a little relevant and more "realistic"

Just an idea...

Because people are stupid, they'll spend their season ticket money, not hold any back for later, go bankrupt, and whine about not getting enough money a week to get by.

This Post:
273267.19 in reply to 273267.16
Date: 9/11/2015 5:09:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just an idea...

And not entirely a bad idea at that. However, we need to take cash out of the game, not put more in, in order to try to reign in the rampant inflation currently promoted by Marin in order to over-reward training.

Actually, I think since everyone has the same number of home and away games, I think the schedule pecularities add interest and not unfairness to BB.

This Post:
273267.20 in reply to 273267.18
Date: 9/12/2015 3:28:50 PM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:

Because people are stupid, they'll spend their season ticket money, not hold any back for later, go bankrupt, and whine about not getting enough money a week to get by.

Well, maybe, but what kind of argument is that? It's not the duty of that "new feature" to care about what the manager does with it. It's about giving us the tools, the responsibilty what you do with it is still up to the manager.

The more i think about this idea, the more i like it. Let's say a season ticket will cost 150$, the money from each season ticket holder you'll get right after the off season processing. With this money the problems of first game away will be nearly solved, because their won't be 2 weeks without an income.

Of course i'm aware of the problem, that we don't need more money in this game. Maybe we can reduce the amount of sold tickets each home game a little bit, based on your number of season ticket holders. The more season ticket holders you have, the less Tickets you sell. Just a little number so it will balance with the money you get in the first week. And obviously it would make a little sense, that you sell less tickets, if you have more season ticket holders.

This Post:
273267.21 in reply to 273267.20
Date: 9/12/2015 3:46:23 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
It's not the duty of that "new feature" to care about what the manager does with it. It's about giving us the tools, the responsibilty what you do with it is still up to the manager.

I don't expect the new feature to care, however the developers need to. I think encouraging financial irresponsibility would be a bad idea. Why do new users get extra money for several weeks, instead of one big lump sum. Because they'd spend it badly.

In your idea, you're talking about front loading most of your team's income before the start of the season. If my first point isn't enough, I'll add that prices on the transfer list will go up in those weeks, and be lower markedly through the rest of the season. A bad idea all round.

I never said anything about your idea meaning more money in the game. I assumed you meant you'd just get the money at the beginning of the season, and that would be instead of, not in addition to, your gate money.

In reality, season tickets generally are cheaper than tickets for individual games. So really your idea should include a discount for season tickets. I don't really like that idea either.

This Post:
273267.22 in reply to 273267.21
Date: 9/12/2015 4:09:10 PM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:

In your idea, you're talking about front loading most of your team's income before the start of the season.
In my little example calculation I'm talking about 360.000 $ ( at least in my specific case) - so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
By the way, the prices for players aren't stable throughout a whole season and never have been.

In reality season tickets serve the purpose, to be able to calculate for the upcoming season and invest in advance. As i said, but again for people, that don't want to read carefully the first time, we're talking about a little amount of money (something around the earnings of 1 home game) which will be compensated by reducing the future attendance numbers a little bit.

Last thing, you only can spend the money that you have. If you invest into too expensive players, you'll have to sell them. If you go broke on such simple circumstances, you're propably not capable of playing an online manager game. So "protecting the new managers" isn't an argument in my eyes. (the money from season ticket holders in league 4 would be something around 100k, not the big money, if you aks me)

Bye

Last edited by fuchsi_love at 9/12/2015 4:11:12 PM

This Post:
273267.24 in reply to 273267.23
Date: 9/12/2015 7:09:22 PM
2 .Wohnkomplex
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
No and i think that i made that point clear with one my hundreds of posts, trying to explain it in different ways, so that even the last "talk against, just to talk against" guy understands,

It's about equal chances. Do i have to write it a g a i n? Just for you? Once again for you?