Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
297512.16 in reply to 297512.15
Date: 1/13/2019 2:49:49 PM
SK Wolves
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I have started and quit BB a few times about 5 years ago as I didnt have the patience needed to play and enjoy this game. Going off of the idea of a shorter season to appeal to new users I think that is vital once the app is released. 14 weeks makes for a long season for younger generations.

This comment could go in the suggestions forum, but to make the season shorter, league games could be played on Thursdays. The league games would not start until the last 2, 3, or 4 weeks of the season. As for cup games, take out all of the bot teams so users are only playing other users to shorten cup tournaments. Obviously once your eliminated you can still find scrimmages until league games begin. This may make training minutes a little easier to come by and give managers a better opportunity to make a run in the cup tournaments while not sacrificing as much game shape later in the season to both compete in the cup and league playoffs.

I'm not familiar with when the NT, U21, or BBB tournaments begin pool play and obviously those would need to be shorter some how as well to accommodate a shorter season

The down side with shorter seasons is that it is obviously fewer weeks to train young players. The coefficients would need to be adjusted to make up for this.

A 10, 11, or 12 week season (2 1/2 to 3 month season) to speed things up a little bit and enable users to complete 4 or 5 seasons in a year instead of 3 seasons which it is now.

Less popular idea. Start from scratch. Have the BB app separate from the browser BB universe. 10 team leagues, 8 to 10 week seasons, everything else the same. Start at season 1. This however would split up the BB users and accelerate the end of BB.

Now back to football.

This Post:
297512.17 in reply to 297512.16
Date: 1/14/2019 4:42:20 AM
Dynamo J. Hradec
První liga
Overall Posts Rated:
And when the game become faster for new young users what would happen with the old ones? If there is a huge change in the game structure, I will leave. What about the others?

This Post:
297512.20 in reply to 297512.19
Date: 1/14/2019 2:28:07 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
The last posts are full of terrible suggestions, IMO

This Post:
297512.22 in reply to 297512.21
Date: 1/17/2019 3:38:57 AM
Dynamo J. Hradec
První liga
Overall Posts Rated:
Players will grow much faster and we will seen benefits of training much quicker.

And also they'll grow old much faster and the skilldrops will be quick ;-)

This Post:
297512.23 in reply to 297512.22
Date: 1/21/2019 6:42:59 PM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
BB is a game of delayed gratification not instant. For the first couple of seasons I had a team I really did not get into it because of the languid pace. But once I got used to the pace it made a lot of sense, I actually have come to really appreciate the ebb and flow.

What needs to be done is to find a way to give us more between contests. I think this site should make moves towards being more about basketball in general, IE news/opinions from around the globe, there are lots of guys who will do write-ups for free and having this turn into not just a game but a site for international basketball news would give us the potential to reach a whole different audience. Plus that could be done without monkeying around with the GE. I think this combined with a soft sell approach to join the game will bring us more users.

Advertisement