This Post:
322273.16 in reply to 322273.15
Date: 12/19/2023 6:05:50 AM
C.B Torcal
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Antequera C.B
Ok this gets even better. I’m replaying a pickup game with same tactics because of yesterday injury to one of my player and I’m so lucky that another player just got injured. That’s 2 tokens wasted for the same reason…Don’t get me wrong I really like that we have this tool now on BB but I would be nice to be able to use it properly.

This Post:
322273.18 in reply to 322273.17
Date: 12/20/2023 2:32:59 AM
C.B Torcal
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Antequera C.B
No worries at all and thank you to accept my idea! It’s such a nice tool that can have great upside to help preparing key matches for a lot of managers.

This Post:
322273.19 in reply to 322273.17
Date: 1/4/2024 6:41:38 AM
Santa Eufemia Ducks
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, thanks for the development, PickUp Games are great!

Every season in Argentina we organize a cup using scrimages on Thursdays and this season we are going to use pickup matchs so everyone can play freely with their best players. 32 teams participate and there are prizes in supporter packages for the winners donated by the community.

Updating the results weekly and organizing the match calendar requires some work and the fact that the PickUp games are not visible complicates things, each participant must share the link or id of the match. Is there any way that at least the organizers of the cup can see this information?

This is the thread of this season's cup (322408.1)

This Post:
322273.20 in reply to 322273.19
Date: 1/5/2024 6:03:04 AM
Súria Lakers
IV.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II
PickUp Games are meant to be secret, so anyone can try tactics without being seen.
I wrote to BB-Marin about all the ways I knew to get to the game and he fixed it.

Last edited by GM-Enzo at 1/6/2024 5:23:05 AM

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
This Post:
322273.21 in reply to 322273.20
Date: 1/13/2024 3:08:52 PM
Asingratitos BC
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I am probably stating the obvious, but pickup games do not seem to be secret currently. All one needs is the correct match_id to access them, and these ids are not properly randomized.

This Post:
322273.22 in reply to 322273.21
Date: 1/14/2024 5:56:55 AM
Suntazu Mednieki
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Good day !
where I could ask for friendly games ?
I can not find the correct place to ask for friendly games ...

This Post:
322273.23 in reply to 322273.22
Date: 1/14/2024 7:33:29 AM
BC Vitosha Sofia
A Grupa
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sofia Alpha Dogz
You need to go to the team overview page of the team you want to challenge: (https://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/45104/overview.aspx) for instance.

Scroll down to the 'Invitations' section and select arena and game starting time:

Then hit 'Challenge'.

It's a good idea to give the manager heads up via dm, so that he can accept and have time to set his lineup & tactics.

Hope this is what you were asking for...

Last edited by mink0ff at 1/14/2024 7:36:41 AM

BBB: 2 (S37 S38); Top tier: 7 (S35 S36 S37 S38 S39 S41 S63); Cup: 9 (S25 S35 S36 S37 S38 S39 S40 S41 S61)
This Post:
322273.24 in reply to 322273.23
Date: 1/17/2024 4:51:06 AM
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
hello fellow researchers and scientists.

want to start by saying that this is a great addition to the game. all upside, no downside, at worst some bugs need fixing.
will write a longer recap post for newbies in case they come searching for the same info.

match visibility:
no - games played do not appear in your schedule if someone else is looking but you do have the benefit of sharing with interested parties the link to the game.
i find this in incredible good taste. no need to be paranoic and have extra approval buttons or layers weather a game is truly secret or not. if you play pick up ball in a gym it s not like you will have the police outside guarding it. heck, even the most secret pick up game ever (played in monaco) by the dream team in 92 still leaked a little a little footage and players talked about it.

i have played against the impossible bot. very pleased to find out that others get the same opponent. ultimately this is meant for you to gather info about how your team fairs against top competition. if you truly want to experiment, find an equal opponent and play among yourselves, but this is very nice and useful. it would be interesting to keep the same bot team the entire seasons and then change the bot team every season.

i have delayed using my tokens as i am keeping it for PO final and late stage b3 if i have the chance. my understanding is that the 457k PG on the team is a later addition, but a nice one.

i am happy to see the oponent is in proficient game shape. i hope that it s is also at full stamina across the board. it s hard for me to descifre how the 2nd and 3rd tier bots are, but at top level it should be maxed out game shape and stamina...and at least 15 level of experience, to mimic a mini NT

was pleased to see that the bot changes tactics. against a friend it played inside iso, against me BO. i do think it changing tactics to outside or inside would skew the utility of the exercise (because you need comparable data to extract conclusions) so i want to applaud the GMs for the sensible calibration of this feature.

someone said that the IDs are not random enough. i want to politely state that if someone is desperate enough to check let s say 1000 games to see how you played, be it even as top tier b3 challanger, then you shoudl be more worried about their ambition rather than decisions. i've stopped playing PL to avoid being overexposed. just want to mention that tinkering with this would be unnnessary.
however it would be very nice to consider inter-team scrimmage at NT level. it would be useful to try combinations with different players even amongs themselves -i.e. starters vs reserves type match. to see who is better for the nt.

To: Otis
This Post:
322273.25 in reply to 322273.24
Date: 1/17/2024 5:06:36 AM
The Defenders
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The D-fenders
follow up
i want yto say also congrats for giving the option to choose venue. for b3 it s more useful to simulate with neutral. for league finals and PO obviously it s useful to see how you fare, as the difference between HC and away is extermly big.

[!] pay attention when using tokens. tokens are per user, not per team. so if you have utopia you don t have extra tokens. you get to choose where to use them but they are limited.

so. if you want to check in advance the opponent, here is what info i have gathered.

impossible level (50081) Alley-Oop Allstars as mentioned. max GS
tough (50110) rim rockers all strong GS
medium (50067) Triple Threat Tornados
easy level (50074) Dribble Dazzle new info. GS is 7 and 8. very realistic :-)

also rest assured players cannot be scouted by NT, i tried

To: Otis
This Post:
322273.26 in reply to 322273.24
Date: 1/17/2024 11:27:49 PM
Asingratitos BC
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
someone said that the IDs are not random enough. i want to politely state that if someone is desperate enough to check let s say 1000 games to see how you played, be it even as top tier b3 challanger, then you shoudl be more worried about their ambition rather than decisions. i've stopped playing PL to avoid being overexposed. just want to mention that tinkering with this would be unnnessary.

I completely agree that the ideal format of these pickup games would be invisible but optionally shareable.

I don't agree that the current implementation achieves that and I don't think that it makes sense to dismiss the issue on the grounds that somebody would have to be desperate to take advantage of that.

With the use of the official BBApi it would be fairly easy for a good B3 team to get some advantage against the competition by aggregating such matches. I have not tried that, but if the boxscore endpoint allows pickup game match_ids, it doesn't take much imagination to see how this could be abused. Why not safeguard the game against such practices?

B3 and I.1 teams are probably getting a few challenges from lower level teams. Should these teams treat these games as free practice, or should they be cautious? I think it would be better if they could treat it as free practice.

Advertisement