BB Global (English) > Transfer price

Transfer price

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
38491.16 in reply to 38491.15
Date: 7/12/2008 12:56:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are so right... I train guards and I have 19, 19, 20, 20 years old trainees... but for the other positions, like C or PF, I prefer more experienced guys, so on my rooster you'll find guys in their 30ies... and they are good on the court, and also they have high exp. level

Message deleted
This Post:
38491.18 in reply to 38491.11
Date: 7/12/2008 7:33:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's weird that over the course of last season prices have gone sky-high. This shouldn't be a game of who is best at training and selling, its name suggests a match orriented game, where battles are fought on-court, not in auctions.

Really hope BB can manage to contain the market, the game is starting to lose its interest...

This Post:
38491.19 in reply to 38491.15
Date: 7/12/2008 8:02:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
true true!

actually his skill level probably good for him since he was of the lower leagues!

i was thinking a thrid stringer who dont needs training!

make sense actually!

This Post:
38491.20 in reply to 38491.18
Date: 7/13/2008 12:52:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I completely agree with you, Shaq. We are starting to see the same type of thing that happens in HT. People only care about hyper training a small set of skills and then overcharging. From what I can see, this is the best way to get ahead because I have a very balanced team with no monster salaries but all my starters with 8-12 skills of respectable or better. When I play a team with even one guy with a huge salary I get pummeled. I still enjoy playing but not being able to compete because I don't train a single position and work the TL is disappointing.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
38491.21 in reply to 38491.20
Date: 7/13/2008 12:56:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Erm, you seriously think you can compete with guys with respectable skills? Players get "born" with respectable skills, so if you mean to say that your squad of virtually untrained players is getting creamed by teams that have actually trained their players, yes, that sounds logical. But by virtue of the fact that players here need more than 1 skill (but not every single skill, and not even 8 skills) to be effective at their position, what you're suggesting is slightly ridiculous. What I can guarantee you though is that a team of players with several balanced prolific skills will beat almost any team of players that have 1 marvelous skill.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 7/13/2008 1:01:40 AM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
38491.22 in reply to 38491.21
Date: 7/13/2008 1:53:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, my name is not erm. Secondly, what I wrote was that all of my starters have at least 8 skills that are at least respectable. My pg has 2 prominent, 3 strong, 1 wondrous,4 respectable, 1 average and 1 atrocious (shotblocking). My SG and SF are similar- my SF has 3 prominent and 3 strong. My C has 1 prolific, 3 strong, and 5 respectable. That is what I mean. I assumed, falsely, that having a team of guys who do everything well but nothing spectacularly would be able to compete. I was wrong. What I don't need is you assuming some condescending attitude in response to my post, thanks.

This Post:
38491.23 in reply to 38491.22
Date: 7/13/2008 2:26:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all, my name is not erm. Secondly, what I wrote was that all of my starters have at least 8 skills that are at least respectable. My pg has 2 prominent, 3 strong, 1 wondrous,4 respectable, 1 average and 1 atrocious (shotblocking). My SG and SF are similar- my SF has 3 prominent and 3 strong. My C has 1 prolific, 3 strong, and 5 respectable. That is what I mean. I assumed, falsely, that having a team of guys who do everything well but nothing spectacularly would be able to compete. I was wrong. What I don't need is you assuming some condescending attitude in response to my post, thanks.

Your PG and C are not balanced. They are distinctly one-skill monsters with a single one of their attributes far ahead of the others.

A basketball team has 5 positions, which obviously need different skills sets to be efficient. So obviously fielding 5 players that are very similar in that they are jack of all trades but master of none is suboptimal.

On the other hand, the other extreme where you have 1 major skill and everything else lagging behind significantly is likewise suboptimal, so I wouldn't be surprised if you get routinely whacked by better constructed teams that seem to be of your caliber.

edit: Oh yes, and the other reason why your players might not work as you expect is that skills often work in conjunction with each other -- e.g. IS and DR or JS and JR. So if one skill is lacking, another might not function as well as you might expect.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 7/13/2008 2:35:05 AM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
38491.24 in reply to 38491.23
Date: 7/13/2008 2:48:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a far more worthwhile reply. Thanks.

I don't know about the programming of computers or how this game engine works, but I do know a lot about basketball and I totally disagree with you that having five jack of all trades is suboptimal. Perhaps in this game, but certainly not in real hoops.

My PG is wondrous at free throw shooting, which I don't believe makes him unbalanced, especially since his handling and passing are prominent, and his driving, OD, and JS are strong. I see him as being very well-balanced.

I see what you are saying about my center, though. I will try to bring up his other skills soon.

This Post:
38491.25 in reply to 38491.24
Date: 7/13/2008 6:24:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know about the programming of computers or how this game engine works, but I do know a lot about basketball and I totally disagree with you that having five jack of all trades is suboptimal. Perhaps in this game, but certainly not in real hoops.

I simply meant that at one point it is more productive to have a PG with superior guard and inferior center skills, and a C with superior center skill and inferior guard skills rather than 2 players who are just adequate in both areas. Sure, ideally you will have two guys who are superior in both areas (more is always better), but assume this is a zero-sum game and you can't have it all

Cheers, and I apologize if my first post came out offensive.