BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum

Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
130835.163 in reply to 130835.162
Date: 2/17/2010 9:47:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I pay for supporter because I'd like to have a better service.

Yes... we should go, I think we will...

Anyway... I make 4-5 suggestions about it... so don't write

it sure makes me less inclined to want to help when the person who brought up the problem in the first place is now saying that he is above trying to find a solution.

if you don't know what I've written before...

This Post:
130835.164 in reply to 130835.162
Date: 2/17/2010 9:47:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I pay a supporter because someone else should think and use energy to find a solution...

This is the wrong reason to pay for supporter. You pay for supporter because it offers various bells and whistles that the free version of the game does not. It is up to you to participate in the community however you choose, but it sure makes me less inclined to want to help when the person who brought up the problem in the first place is now saying that he is above trying to find a solution.

I do have a work, you can say I can make some purposals but it's not my job to find solutions to improve BB.

edit: so if I pay supporter I'd like to have the better service possible.

Last edited by Mod-dexter7™ at 2/17/2010 9:49:11 AM

This Post:
130835.165 in reply to 130835.162
Date: 2/17/2010 10:22:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I pay a supporter because someone else should think and use energy to find a solution...

This is the wrong reason to pay for supporter. You pay for supporter because it offers various bells and whistles that the free version of the game does not. It is up to you to participate in the community however you choose, but it sure makes me less inclined to want to help when the person who brought up the problem in the first place is now saying that he is above trying to find a solution.

Shoul we create an Italian Forum?

Yes, you should. That is an excellent idea.

I tought it was bb-italia,
where italian gms and mods were moderating an active and partecipating comunity. i cannot see why it is necessary to push communities to get outside of the game to have services they think as usefull, instead of making it possible to have those services in-game. I can not see what is the benefit to invite people in getting away from the game.

once those forums will be outside of bb forums are you going to have reached any goal?
easier moderation?
less work on fines and ban?
less people logged to the game?

oh yes it will be a rule for all: no forums we can not control. you are free to open outside forums for gaming (bb-related gaming). we are glad we have not to control those activities.

the three forums\thread are:
scrimmage ads: I agree this could be closed, because it has been replaced by an effective system.
transfers ads: since no effective system as been made to replace this (transfers ads are simply useless), I cannot see the reason to cut it off. to protege smaller communities forums from spam? are you kidding me?: the solution is simple: let communities decide to open or not those threads. active communities will be self moderating, with a proper ammount of staff. smaller communities , with almost 0 activity will not be so affected ( Being coach of cyprus u21 i do know the way such forums (do not) work), and simply deny such thread on bbglobal.
tha player evaluation thread: why on the earth this should not be? for TPE? for 1000 to 2500000 player evaluation?( I really saw such creepy results...), in help forums it was usefull to lots of managers... now you simply don't know the value of your guys ( often of the trainees you will to sell). closing this ( forbidding this) is a nonsense.

resuming my tought:
2 of the 3 threads you consider such offensive towards who cannot moderate them, were felt usefull from the comunity. closing them is indeed in your powers.... inviting an entire community to look otherwise for a ingame tool it needs ( or states to need) is not a very clever move...

just my 2 cents.

This Post:
130835.166 in reply to 130835.165
Date: 2/17/2010 10:45:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
And yet another italian thread was closed by a foreign Gm... if you look better you can still find two or three more that might not be totally within the rules.
But ok, rules are rules as I hear many saying.

What I really don't get is why forum rules do not apply to federations? There you can find early-bid requests, players request, players evaluations, players ads, etc.
Considering that federations are only open to supporters, I find this really unfair against non-supporters.

Last edited by Newton07 at 2/17/2010 10:47:06 AM

This Post:
130835.168 in reply to 130835.157
Date: 2/17/2010 10:55:46 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
has anyone noticed that everyone except the italians have lost interest in this thread? lol

maybe because you can still post TPE request, advertise players and request early bids in a place where those rules aren't enforced and even GMs (in the last few days GM-worthy42, GM-chewbrian, GM-Labude, GM-JohnnyB and GM-somdetsfinest) KEEP DOING IT instead of closing the threads

lol

This Post:
130835.169 in reply to 130835.168
Date: 2/17/2010 12:05:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry Mark, but I haven't made one of the posts in the last few days.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
130835.170 in reply to 130835.167
Date: 2/17/2010 12:18:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have never suggested people stay away from the forums. I think that anybody who wants to create a federation to increase their enjoyment while on the site should do so. Whether it is an "I love the Golden State Warriors" thread or an "Italians are the only people that matter or know anything" thread is inconsequential to me. Using the forums and being part of a federation are not mutually exclusive.

If you have ANY question about the game, please feel free to send me a bbmail and ask. I am more than willing to help out as much as I can, you or anybody else.

This Post:
130835.172 in reply to 130835.163
Date: 2/17/2010 12:48:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have, in fact, read every single word of this thread, your posts included, and you have offered not one solution or idea that I can see. Your first few posts were demanding a return of the old system. Then you groused a bit, then you asked if a solution had been found, and then you said that you thought one of the ideas tabled was a good one.

I am not trying to be argumentative, adversarial, or anything like that. I do not, contrary to what you or anyone else thinks, feel on a power trip because I help process sign-ups and cheating allegations for this site. I have no problem personally with anyone on these forums. I don't think that traffic in the Italian forums has fallen off like some have claimed (and others have refuted with sarcastic posts) and I don't think that Italians are any worse off than any other supremely disadvantaged enormous country with a thriving community, highest level of competition, and thousands of players on the TL at any point in time.

The point of this thread should be to find a solution that works for everyone. People have mostly used it as a hate fest, or a puff-out-your-chest-we-can-do-it-ourselves platform, both of which are lame and completely useless. Others have made suggestions, some of which I think are pretty good. I am going to respectfully bow out of any more posting because I feel like the argument has become circular and unproductive, and I don't want to be a part of that kind of exchange.

Message deleted
Advertisement