BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.165 in reply to 129389.160
Date: 1/29/2010 9:47:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about having a number of national cups based on the size of users in each country?

Everyone with less than 512* teams has one national cup, countries with more users get one national cup for every 512 users, allowing the countries with harder competition more teams in the B3.

*could be 256, 512, 1024... whatever fits the BB's masterplan best.

Combined with JosefKa's suggestion with income cap according to salary (actual levels may have to be adjusted), it should make things more even. Small countries still have to struggle with impossibillity to get good domestic players for their teams and have weaker communities, and already get limited merchandise for imported players along with the (often) lesser TV income based on division strength. Then all these small factors work together to make it a globally fair(ish) game.

I know of 1 user in Norway (approx 0,7%) that has a level 6 trainer, and that is a priviledge of very few teams, and as Crazyeye says, is mostly not worth it economically. One week injury and it is all wasted... If it is impossible to find money to build arena, you will get surpassed by teams that have patience and build their infrastructure from the very beginning, training their own players (even if they are not THE BEST prospects in the world) and then starts the climb. In that scenario perhaps it is wiser to risk dropping a division one season while building arena.

Last, talking of a 5 season plan as an example of a very long plan to climb 3-5 divisions does not sound like a long period to me. I've been stuck in the same division for 5 seasons.

This Post:
129389.167 in reply to 129389.165
Date: 1/29/2010 10:08:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Everyone with less than 512* teams has one national cup, countries with more users get one national cup for every 512 users, allowing the countries with harder competition more teams in the B3.

The National Tournament is already pretty uninteresting, I would actually like to see it scaled back or even eliminated in place of international tournaments. But since you just want more money for big countries, I guess this suggestion is as good as any.

You do realize that more money is not going to help you, right? You still can't say you are the best team in the world, since their are no real international competitions. And your money flow is still going to be the same because everyone in your country will be in the same position as you (ie: they will buy higher level players in order to be more competitive).

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.168 in reply to 129389.158
Date: 1/29/2010 10:17:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What do you think about what LA-Emilio has exlained?
I think that he has expressed what most of us feel.

i don't feel disadvantaged, and are pretty focused on my own competition - and the battles on the tl are mostly against italy or spain fourth league team, which other players are pretty crappy in their rooster lots figths with small country top division i haven't recognized.

This Post:
129389.169 in reply to 129389.167
Date: 1/29/2010 10:37:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
But since you just want more money for big countries
You do realize that more money is not going to help you, right?

..ehrm... I'm from a small country, you dufus! ;)

Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
129389.172 in reply to 129389.169
Date: 1/29/2010 11:10:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

..ehrm... I'm from a small country, you dufus! ;)

Ok, well then I am confused.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
129389.173 in reply to 129389.172
Date: 1/29/2010 11:52:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I seem to be missing the issue here.

1. Small-county teams run huge profits because their players are too cheap as compared to their weekly income.

2. Therefore they have an advantage on the transfer market...

3. ... where they will go to buy players with higher salaries.

Rinse, repeat. Problem solved.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 1/29/2010 11:53:16 AM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
129389.174 in reply to 129389.173
Date: 1/29/2010 12:40:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are some imbalance between top teams in B3 competitions but that only affects a few teams. Your point about salaries balancing out overtime is true, if the big fish-small pond teams buy top salary players.

Nonetheless, the affect on teams in one country competing with teams in other countries ignores the fact that everyone in your country is in the same situation. So from a domestic point of view this issue is irrelevant.

What does matter is how much teams in the other divisions in your country are making. If the profit margins are large between 1 and 2, 2 and 3, etc..that will have a big effect on movement up and down. It seems like they are large enough to prohibit much turnover between levels, but I don't have enough info to say for sure.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
129389.175 in reply to 129389.159
Date: 1/29/2010 1:06:08 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:

Also, I think your allegory is a bit of an exagerration. It is more like there are two parts of town: one that is really rich, another that is just rich. In both cities people are driving Ferrari's. It is just that the 2nd city is a bit bigger, so not everyone gets a Ferrari, but everyone can afford at least a comfortable mid-sized sedan.

in the first divisions, this is true
but the majority of BB managers comes from III, IV and V of the largest communities, and we have almost no power on the market

i rarely try to buy players, because it's a really frustrating experience

Advertisement