BB Global (English) > Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
282669.169 in reply to 282669.157
Date: 12/11/2016 5:37:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also Manon, let me say this: the tanking solution as it's been conceived will make training in D1 and probably D2 much harder. If the 50% haircut to gates is real at relatively low levels of saving, everyone will have to prioritise winning at least those 3 games per season over everything else. 50% for a D1 team is -250k a week until you win a game (because after you win, I suppose, it will go magically back to 100%).

It would be good to know what your thoughts are on the secondaries changes since you and hrudey explored non LI ways in the past. I just realised hrudey went bot, that's too bad.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 12/11/2016 5:40:00 PM

This Post:
282669.170 in reply to 282669.168
Date: 12/11/2016 6:12:33 PM
Kalevipojad
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that the ultimate goal would be to train for yourself and only sell when your players are getting old. But you need finances to improve your team and the freedom to buy new players, upgrade the arena and so on. To do that you need to have capital first. The first thing a newcomer should to (especially in this market) is train and sell some guys to accumulate funds first.

This Post:
282669.171 in reply to 282669.167
Date: 12/11/2016 6:23:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think Manon might be a woman or at least that's a possibility! And yes there are women in this game, your Canadian cup is named after one.

Thanks for letting me know, I edited it.

This Post:
282669.175 in reply to 282669.172
Date: 12/12/2016 12:38:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
lets be honest you do.
and the more you write on topic the funnier you look because you dont even have idea how the d2d works so a quick tutorial for you.
buy player under suggested or up to medium of suggested and sell it for max suggested.what is wrong with that!?
you know how much time needs to be invested in that?
you know that you need to be active?
you know that there are ads on side and that buzzerbeater gets $ from these ads?
when you get tired of watching that thai lady on a side or LoL banner,you buy supporter,now dont ya?
when you get tired of watching all useless 40 tsp 30 yo at tl buy buy a supporter to get that sweat tsp option :)
now there financing for ads to get that growth that you keep dreaming about and it lets users do something actually when there are no games played what is hmm 97% of time?

and managing economy is a bit harder for d2d than you think cause you need to calculate wages that you will pay for player,your survey gets hit and your merch gets hit.is it worth it? well if you buy low and sell high it is,if you dont its not.

anyway im done with this discussion as you dont understand or dont want to understand what im talking about.

PS
every highly over payed transfer gets revised and person who over payed gets money back and that you as GM should know.

anyway fighting with windmills was never my thing,have a nice day and enjoy inflation ;)

This Post:
282669.177 in reply to 282669.174
Date: 12/12/2016 6:02:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think winning three games if you're sitting on a lot of money should ever be impossible. Do you?
Problem 1 is that you can't just win 3 random games, you need to win at least one in every third of the season.

Problem 2 is that nobody is able to quantify the money lost (except for Marin, possibly) unless they have a negative balance (so it will be -0%, I hope) or unless they have they are paying the luxury tax (so it will be -50%). The others won't have a clue and they cannot make rational decisions based on something they cannot quantify.

I think the changes in the training system where you can shift towards a natural position for training out of position skills will become more lucrative as the potential money loss will be a lot bigger then the actual loss in training may be worth in the long run.
Again not able to quantify, impossible to make the decision you are suggesting. Also the alternatives are 10% or more slower than full training = even slower training than we have now. So instead of taking 6 seasons to cap a perennial allstar I should take 7 because I don't know how much I'm going to lose in gates if I don't win at least 3 games?

We all know that this change affects people training out of position the most, because they are the most likely to lose games that they might otherwise win, even with a decent roster. My last season in Utopia is very instructive. Started 0-8, due to injury and due to trying to transfer and repurchasing my best player (so GS hit). At this point I'd have been hit by the boycott (who knows, I had little cash but nobody knows exactly how much the boycott is if I have 1 million in the bank). Throughout the injury AND bad shape I kept training guards at C.

Do you believe this change against training out of position?

As for the salary changes I haven't had the time to look up what they actually do. So I can't really comment on that.
But that woman comment though, seriously?
My apologies for that one, sincerely! (:| Didn't mean to offend you, I promise. One of the other staff quite possibly fooled me or I misunderstood, eh... Kumiko was a woman for sure though.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 12/12/2016 6:16:31 AM

This Post:
282669.178 in reply to 282669.176
Date: 12/12/2016 11:28:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
no you cant because taxes are way too big

This Post:
282669.179 in reply to 282669.173
Date: 12/12/2016 4:02:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a lot against managers that intentionally put player after player out on the transfer way above their actual market price(and that is often the 1-2k they bought the player for) hoping that some lost soul will buy them from him.
Where's the financial skill in that? And what good does it do to the game it self and its wanted growth?

And from your other post:

What do people pay much money for? You think a bit about that and then get back to me if you think my players were just the ordinary 10k guard that you find in dozens and dozens on the transfer.

So you're saying that people pay alot of money for your players because they're good and very "unique," but that those who buy day trader's players are just "lost souls." This seems hypocritical. The fact is you got someone to pay for $1.25mil for a $10k salary starter potential player. No matter how you cut it you really can't fit much skill into a $10k salary player not to mention he's probably close to capping. It also doesn't help that the manager who bought your player has been around since season 4... spending almost all that time in Div 4.

Last edited by banana64 at 12/12/2016 6:03:11 PM

Advertisement