Suggestions > Cap player salary

Cap player salary

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
155729.17 in reply to 155729.16
Date: 9/7/2010 8:33:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That idea counts pretty much with very tight budget of low-league teams. So you can have a lot of money, but once are your weekly-economical numbers in red collor, because of more these players, you are simply losing money.

i am acting close to the border, since a while and i have one of the cheapest rsoster of my league ;) So the solution is to sell player all the time, to get the same quality to a cheap salary.

So that means low-league team cannot be better than high-league team no matter what. Unless he wants to sacrifice something from the weekly budget. And that could be the point for the cup.

depends of the size of this influence ;)

This Post:
155729.18 in reply to 155729.14
Date: 9/7/2010 8:36:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's just ridicoulous that players with the same skills would have different salaries.Stop.

This Post:
155729.19 in reply to 155729.17
Date: 9/7/2010 8:43:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am acting close to the border, since a while and i have one of the cheapest rsoster of my league ;) So the solution is to sell player all the time, to get the same quality to a cheap salary.

Of course, that is what you mean. Well this behaviour isnt something which could be the benefit for a kind game. Normally is that regulated by the will of a player. You have some contract which you have to comply. But I dont know about that in this game. Maybe if there would be possible to create an optional contract for a 3 seasons or like that if you want this bonus.

I dont know, seems really complicated now.

This Post:
155729.20 in reply to 155729.19
Date: 9/7/2010 9:02:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Of course, that is what you mean. Well this behaviour isnt something which could be the benefit for a kind game. Normally is that regulated by the will of a player. You have some contract which you have to comply. But I dont know about that in this game. Maybe if there would be possible to create an optional contract for a 3 seasons or like that if you want this bonus.

I dont know, seems really complicated now.

so the will of the player is to play, for BSG Hintertupfingen instead of the LA Lakers? because when he had offers from both clubs, he would go for a cheaper offer to the low league club8if you calculate about a normal 1-2 year contract).

This Post:
155729.21 in reply to 155729.20
Date: 9/7/2010 9:12:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That would be too realistic behaviour. In that case should not be possible to hold a great player for a long time in lower league or he would stagnate in his skills, because of lacking the competition or quit from singing another contract and so on.

Im trying to think about this implementation only in the salary way, im sure it would be really different if it would be as it should be. But Im not sure if anybody would like to play like that.

This Post:
155729.22 in reply to 155729.21
Date: 9/7/2010 9:18:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Say this to Matt Barnes(the real NBA player),I'm just curios to see his answer

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 9/7/2010 9:19:00 AM

This Post:
155729.23 in reply to 155729.14
Date: 9/7/2010 11:40:11 AM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
Unreasonable that top players should play in lower divisions as these teams will play a lower salary. If anything the situation should change so that top players will play in top league.

This Post:
155729.24 in reply to 155729.10
Date: 9/7/2010 1:32:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i believe the decrease of the salary is the magic word, the BB said that they expect the elite players @ the actual salary

The actual salaries of the top-tier players are already too high in my opinion that is why I suggested the 300k salary cap for an individual. If the salaries are not capped they could still be subsidied through higher mercahndise revenues - as far as I have learned the additional money you get for a 400k+ player is in the 5-15k range, this is ridiculous.

As I mentioned before - Real Madrid made more than the 93 million € they paid for Ronaldo in his first year for the club only through the sale of his jersey... If you want estimations on basketball players google for LeBrons value...

In my opinion it is a shame to see the best players being shipped from team to team every week - this is like we would see Dwight Howard or Shaq in his prime play for another D-League team every other week...

This Post:
155729.25 in reply to 155729.11
Date: 9/7/2010 4:41:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
General Problem
The best players in BB are not in the best teams at the BB. This is unrealistic.

What are 'the best players'?
Who says that the players earning the most are the best players? I think these are the players which give as much performance as needed for as less money as possible. And with as much performance as needed I don't mean the better 'grade' the player is given but outsmarting the opponent in as much ways as possible, it's all about creating as much mismatches as possible. Those 500k C's only create a few mismatches. Besides that salary management is a big part of this game, and if you would make such a cap that would be gone, and topteams would stay on top forever..

I don't think there is a problem, there are just a lot of players trained more or less bad..

I completely agree with you, however I do see problems with these unsustainable monsters. The problems are what their constant transferring does to the economy, and the "tricking" to use these players in Cup games without having to pay their salary at all during the week (buy after the Economy update, sell before the Economy update).

The Cup trick is a viable strategy at this point, and it also adds worth to players who are not feasible members of a club team. As there are so few of them at this point (and I hope this fact remains, but unlikely), it's difficult to defend against a Cup opponent who is willing to hire one of these monsters to play the 5 just for one game, as you probably won't be able to afford one yourself (not such a problem for top league teams, who can probably match up respectably against one of these guys).

The economic hit worries me more. A prime example is Eygi, the Polish NTer, who has been transferred 8 times in the past 7 weeks. Each transfer removed 18-20% of the transfer sum from the BB economy, to the tune of $1.8M. If this trend continues, the BBs can stop releasing FAs (which I wish they would anyway, but it's not up to me), as these players alone will remove almost $1M apiece from the economy every month in transfer fees alone, without counting what their salary removes (which, for Eygi, is about $1.7M per month).

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
155729.26 in reply to 155729.25
Date: 9/7/2010 5:19:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's a valid point, which you have. But I wouldn't search for a solution in a salary cap.

This Post:
155729.27 in reply to 155729.24
Date: 9/7/2010 5:21:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

The actual salaries of the top-tier players are already too high in my opinion that is why I suggested the 300k salary cap for an individual

if the top tier, isn't that elite anymore it will decrease, and i am pretty sure that there will be several players catching up to the top instead of fewer players in the top salary range which will increase their salary.

As I mentioned before - Real Madrid made more than the 93 million € they paid for Ronaldo in his first year for the club only through the sale of his jersey...

already the merch income for nt player is pretty huge, i remember the ex. Amitrani manager(german NT) saying that he get 100k more merch then his opponent in the league and his rooster wasn't so special for a second league team without Amitrani(even when he got more germans then the average).

Real madrid is also in the depth and get deeper into it, so it doesn't work out that good ;)

n my opinion it is a shame to see the best players being shipped from team to team every week - this is like we would see Dwight Howard or Shaq in his prime play for another D-League team every other week...

it isn't fine, but i think when you want them you culd hold them, and it must not be a bad decision ... And when you hold then for a while i am pretty sure, the merch will increase a lot(but in my experience the raise of the merchendise isn't instant)

Advertisement