BB USA > NFL Talk

NFL Talk

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
220571.17 in reply to 220571.10
Date: 6/22/2012 9:58:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Peyton Manning has Demarius Thomas, whom is the best WR talent, athleticism, ability, and potential wise He has ever worked with. Eric Decker, is even better than Marvin Harrison, and Decker doesn't hold a candle to Thomas.

I am sorry to say that you're absolutely wrong here. Harrison and Wayne were far and away better WRs than Thomas and Decker. Thomas is athletic, but that's not nearly as important for Manning as guys who can run their routes smoothly and consistently, and be where he expects them to be every time. I don't think that Thomas is in that category yet, and certainly not on the level of Harrison and Wayne. Harrison is a Hall of Famer, while Thomas is a nice young receiver who has a lot of career ahead of him and a ton of ground to make up in this comparison.

This Post:
220571.18 in reply to 220571.17
Date: 6/22/2012 10:34:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Harrison is a hall of famer, because of Manning, and if Wayne makes it... thats a joke in my eyes.

I agree with you. I'm just saying, not the best argument.

This Post:
220571.19 in reply to 220571.17
Date: 6/22/2012 10:56:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright starters:
Objectively what did you think of the Tebow to Demarius Thomas OT TD winning catch in playoffs?
Subjectively " (same thing)

Demarius Thomas was picked ahead of Michael Crabtree, let's not forget that. Just because he'd been hurt while Orton was there... and then had Tebow... just because he hasn't had a QB to throw to him since Georgia Tech, doesn't mean he's far and away worse.
Eric Decker on the other hand, is a route runner. Is the kinda guy you are praising Harrison and Wayne for being, and Manning for needing. Hence why Decker did better with orton, than he did with Tebow. Tebow can't hit route passes.

I will say though that you are absolutely wrong about Thomas not being an important guy for Manning. Manning, given his age, his concerns of injury, etc. Thomas is EXACTLY what he needs. Someone that if necessary, Manning can put a "jump ball" to, in a space to give his WR the best chance over defenders, so he can get a throw off before he has to take a hit. Ryan Clady is a very good LT, but let's face it, he's no Joe Thomas.

Wayne shouldn't even be in the league still.

This Post:
220571.20 in reply to 220571.18
Date: 6/22/2012 11:49:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Harrison is a hall of famer, because of Manning, and if Wayne makes it... thats a joke in my eyes.

I agree with you. I'm just saying, not the best argument.

It's a good thing then that nowhere did I ever claim Wayne is a Hall of Famer, current, future or otherwise.

This Post:
220571.21 in reply to 220571.19
Date: 6/22/2012 11:59:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright starters:
Objectively what did you think of the Tebow to Demarius Thomas OT TD winning catch in playoffs?
Subjectively " (same thing)

Demarius Thomas was picked ahead of Michael Crabtree, let's not forget that. Just because he'd been hurt while Orton was there... and then had Tebow... just because he hasn't had a QB to throw to him since Georgia Tech, doesn't mean he's far and away worse.

Can you link me to the fantasy league draft where Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree? I was assuming that we're talking about the NFL, and Crabtree was the #10 in 2009, while Thomas was #22 in 2010, but I suppose that's my fault for assuming you were talking about the actual league and not some fantasy league. ;)

Objectively, it was a good throw that wasn't too difficult because the Steelers were so concerned about the option game, and he had the wheels to take it all the way. Beating a corner one on one on a slant to the inside is pretty much the bare minimum you expect from a decent WR - heck, even the Jaguars' scrub club could get slants complete occasionally, although rarely were they good enough to take it the distance afterward. Subjectively, TIMTEBOW!!!111oneoneone.

Eric Decker on the other hand, is a route runner. Is the kinda guy you are praising Harrison and Wayne for being, and Manning for needing. Hence why Decker did better with orton, than he did with Tebow. Tebow can't hit route passes.

I will say though that you are absolutely wrong about Thomas not being an important guy for Manning. Manning, given his age, his concerns of injury, etc. Thomas is EXACTLY what he needs. Someone that if necessary, Manning can put a "jump ball" to, in a space to give his WR the best chance over defenders, so he can get a throw off before he has to take a hit. Ryan Clady is a very good LT, but let's face it, he's no Joe Thomas.

Decker is Austin Collie or Brandon Stokely or Joe Jurevicius before him. He'll be productive. He won't be Reggie Wayne. And Manning throwing jump balls is a waste of his supreme talent - might as well bring in Jeff George if that's going to be what you hang your hat on, since that a-hole could still lob it up to Randy Moss.

This Post:
220571.22 in reply to 220571.21
Date: 6/22/2012 4:31:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you link me to the fantasy league draft where Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree? I was assuming that we're talking about the NFL, and Crabtree was the #10 in 2009, while Thomas was #22 in 2010, but I suppose that's my fault for assuming you were talking about the actual league and not some fantasy league. ;)

That's right.... Demarius Thomas injured himself, and needed foot surgery.... so he fell to #22 behind Crabtree....

Last edited by LBJisaCancer at 6/22/2012 4:31:24 PM

This Post:
220571.23 in reply to 220571.22
Date: 6/22/2012 4:40:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

That's right.... Demarius Thomas injured himself, and needed foot surgery.... so he fell to #22 behind Crabtree....

Wow. You're managing to cram an incredible amount of fail in a supremely efficient manner, so congrats to you.

They came out in different seasons. Crabtree was drafted #10 in 2009, while Thomas was #22 in 2010.

And of course, the foot injury thing would have more relevance if it weren't for the fact that Crabtree's draft stock was also hampered by... wait for it... a foot injury!

Anyways, now that you know that there is more to the NFL than just what happens in and around Denver, I hope you learn to enjoy and appreciate the sport.

This Post:
220571.24 in reply to 220571.23
Date: 6/22/2012 4:44:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Wow. You're managing to cram an incredible amount of fail in a supremely efficient manner, so congrats to you.

They came out in different seasons. Crabtree was drafted #10 in 2009, while Thomas was #22 in 2010.

And of course, the foot injury thing would have more relevance if it weren't for the fact that Crabtree's draft stock was also hampered by... wait for it... a foot injury!

Anyways, now that you know that there is more to the NFL than just what happens in and around Denver, I hope you learn to enjoy and appreciate the sport.

I have found myself mixing up Crabtree with Dez Bryant....

with your help of course

Last edited by LBJisaCancer at 6/22/2012 4:45:15 PM

This Post:
220571.25 in reply to 220571.22
Date: 6/22/2012 4:50:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you link me to the fantasy league draft where Thomas was picked ahead of Crabtree?

Not much of a fantasy football guy are you? I'm guessing this will happen in 80-90% of all fantasy drafts.

This Post:
220571.26 in reply to 220571.24
Date: 6/22/2012 4:54:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I have found myself mixing up Crabtree with Dez Bryant....

with your help of course

Okay, that makes your posts make a lot more sense. I would make a joke about the difficulty telling those Oklahoma State receivers apart, but I don't feel like going on about that. ;)

Anyhow, Thomas isn't an ideal fit for a Manning offense -- but neither would Randy Moss in his prime. Sure, he'd still be great, but Manning really is a guy who looks at the defense and expects the receiver to read it the same way and run the route precisely how Manning expects him to run it, and he'll drop the ball in to him. That's not Thomas' forte and while he certainly will pick up the offense with time, it's not going to be second nature like it was for guys like Harrison, Wayne, Collie, etc.

This Post:
220571.27 in reply to 220571.21
Date: 6/22/2012 4:58:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Decker is Austin Collie or Brandon Stokely or Joe Jurevicius before him. He'll be productive. He won't be Reggie Wayne. And Manning throwing jump balls is a waste of his supreme talent - might as well bring in Jeff George if that's going to be what you hang your hat on, since that a-hole could still lob it up to Randy Moss.

Denver had Brandon Stokely, had him for years. Stokely was behind Eddie Royal in Denver... 2007-09 I believe? Stokely also if I recall had 1000+ yards in 2004, and never more than 700 in any other season. and has less than 5,000 receiving yards in his career... stretching since 1999.

Austin Collie's numbers.... were not *drastically* different without Peyton Manning being there, except for actually finding the endzone. 1 TD obviously much different than 8, or 7. but his yards. getting 9.5 yards per catch instead of 11.2 or 11.3 is not a drastic difference

Edit: past tense.
2nd edit: my point being.
Decker, Thomas were putting up what they did with medicore, and arguable quarterbacks throwing to them. With an elite quarterback... figure... we'll say 2 yards (using collie) more per catch. But they find the endzone more.

Decker already found it a good amount. He may have 15 TDs with Manning and be comparable to Wes Welker (personal opinion, Welker is better). Thomas (injury prone) may put up identical numbers to Larry Fitzgerald. (personal opinion if Thomas wasn't major injury prone, he'd probably not need help to be compared to him, but then he wouldn't have been drafted by Denver either)

and back to the core of this... I still don't fore-see anyone in the AFC West as being complete enough to give the Broncos a problem.

Last edited by LBJisaCancer at 6/22/2012 5:04:24 PM

Advertisement