Suggestions > Personal Instructions

Personal Instructions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
52388.17 in reply to 52388.14
Date: 10/3/2008 9:49:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

So i thing, tactics with faocus like we ahve now a days are pretty good, and yeah they don't reflect the compete deep of basketball. but iw ould say that it is pretty hard to refelct more of it in this game, the problems of the box and one for example is that you just shot down star player(or maybe the guards in a triangle and 2), but what if when he doesn't play? In this case the coach switch the people who get man to man defense, and probadly this could be on a other position but here you cann#t impelnent such switch.

i don't look this as a problem...the box and one defence will be an indication to the coach to defence harder on a player who play in a determined spot,and the GE would change this spot indication into the game on the currently strongest adversary on the floor:for example in the starters the strongest player play in the SF spot,when the coache make platoon system and the strongest of the reserves is the player on the C spot,the box and one will be on this player...
and the box and one defence would lower evaluations in relationship to spot proximity;for example if i defence with box and one on the PG,SG and Sf evaluations had to lower more than Pf and C evaluations

Just my two cents :D

This Post:
52388.18 in reply to 52388.17
Date: 10/3/2008 9:58:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
and how the engine determes who the best player, how you could see the effctas in rating and the actual games(who is the one?) etc.

This Post:
52388.19 in reply to 52388.18
Date: 10/3/2008 10:19:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There's a formlua in this game?well,the GE certainly knows who is his best player looking at its forumlua?how could see the effects in ratings could be not so difficult,except some particular situations,the adversay best player could play most of the time of the game

This Post:
52388.20 in reply to 52388.19
Date: 10/3/2008 11:01:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The BB system is thinking for you when it decides for itself which player to focus on, you're not making any decision yourself anymore, which I don't like.

An order which I could feel positive towards though would be repositioning for rebounding: for each spot (pg, sg, sf, pg, c) deciding wether or not they go for the offensive/defensive rebound.

Rebounding
Offensive: (list of choices) always defensive transition / neutral / always go for the offensive rebound
Defensive: always go for the defensive rebound / neutral / always run for the fast break

Climbing the BB-mountain. Destination: the top.
This Post:
52388.21 in reply to 52388.20
Date: 10/3/2008 1:26:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The BB system is thinking for you when it decides for itself which player to focus on, you're not making any decision yourself anymore, which I don't like.

I think that box and one however could be an extreme defence tactic against some team which have unproportionated roster,with an only player more and more stronger than the others,it's a way to reward an equilibrate team
I'dont agree with your proposal about rebound,into real world does exist a player who doesn't participate to the offensive/difensive rebounding actions?

This Post:
52388.22 in reply to 52388.21
Date: 10/3/2008 1:46:32 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'dont agree with your proposal about rebound,into real world does exist a player who doesn't participate to the offensive/difensive rebounding actions?

i think he made good examples for it ;)

I can see huge different in working for rebound on teams, some team forced to get off Rebs, other teams get back faster to avoid easy basket from the opponent. But i think this single advice makes reading game system pretty bad, but for team it was ok.

This Post:
52388.23 in reply to 52388.21
Date: 10/3/2008 5:08:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that box and one however could be an extreme defence tactic against some team which have unproportionated roster,with an only player more and more stronger than the others,it's a way to reward an equilibrate team

In theory, I agree that box and1 could be a usefull technique and reward equilibrate teams.
Practically there are two problems:
- first of all there would be problems with the interface and choosing options: what to do when the player gets substituted, which player to pick for the man defence, etc. It might seem a bit complicated for the unexperienced user. However there would be possible solutions for it.
- The bigger problem is this one: BB's stated in an earlier post (I can't recall which thread) the engine is based on a man to man situation, even when playing a 2-3 or 3-2 zone. It seems to me that a code-wise rather complicated situation like box and 1 is hard to implement. I am not a coder myself, but when reading that previous post of the BB's it seemed to be difficult to create this situation statistically in the game engine and to balance it to be as effective as the other tactics.

Concerning my rebounding proposition, never heared of a safety man? Mostly PG or the wing weak side that runs back when a shot is released to prevent fast break.
Other coaches prefer all players to go full for the offensive rebound.
Same with defensive rebound where one of the wings can have the task as flyer.

Climbing the BB-mountain. Destination: the top.
This Post:
52388.24 in reply to 52388.1
Date: 10/15/2008 1:37:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can set your players accodring to opponent so great that they will use only their's strongest skills, while these skills are strongest in your team at all..

..in fact you can mix it that way, you will have much more stronger team than before for much lower money..

..however this can indeed motivate to make monoskilled players only. Now you can use great OD player on PG, while you have to defend by outside and attack to the inside, I have this kind of player which have OD, without anything else and is great while I play 3-2, look inside...

..imagine what happen if you will have free-will to use with so much effectivity every kind of skill...

Last edited by Iordanou at 10/15/2008 1:41:15 PM

This Post:
52388.26 in reply to 52388.25
Date: 10/15/2008 3:50:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
hehe

This Post:
52388.27 in reply to 52388.2
Date: 10/17/2008 11:03:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree