BB Global (English) > Upcoming Staff System

Upcoming Staff System

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
49875.175 in reply to 49875.172
Date: 10/13/2008 1:59:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I paid $27K more a week for Staff before this was implemented, and that was for a long time, so it evens out.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
49875.176 in reply to 49875.175
Date: 10/13/2008 2:15:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I couldn't be more disappointed. The last thing I was expecting was to have to screw around with my staff more. And now I have to bid and auction for them. I'm not a day trader, I hate player auctions here and in Hattrick, but I deal with them. I'm a working professional who likes to drop in here for a bit of entertainment. I have no time or interest to be forced into bidding for my staff or suffering constantly increasing costs. I think this about does it for my Buzzerbeater experiment.

This Post:
49875.177 in reply to 49875.161
Date: 10/13/2008 2:16:30 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
So let me get this straight. Before the new staff system, the way for newer owners to get competitive was mainly to train players since the cash flow was not enough to be competitive for top players on the transfer list. That was fine. There were problems with with TL, anyway, that really favored established and wealthier teams, and even though that system is being tinkered with, ultimately hopefully for the better, training is still the way to go with new teams, it seems.

But now, in order to train competitively with the higher division teams, we need a huge load of cash just to get a good trainer. Talk about trying to keep the lower teams down. Was this part not thought out? I really hope that something can be done to help Div. IV teams like mine who can't afford to plunk down half a million for a player, and now can't even bid on a top level trainer and will risk falling behind on training players. I thought I had a pretty good plan mapped out for reaching the higher divisions real soon, but I feel like my train has just wrecked.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!

This Post:
49875.178 in reply to 49875.177
Date: 10/13/2008 2:27:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And you weren't falling behind when you were waiting for a lvl 7 or higher trainer (old system) to come around? It was fair that the people who started a month earlier and had been able to get that lvl 10 trainer could get a bigger and bigger lead over you? In the long run the cost of the new system might be slightly higher on an average weekly base, but it will be for all of us!

This Post:
49875.179 in reply to 49875.159
Date: 10/13/2008 2:33:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I found out new staff market little bit uncomfortable:

1) Once a staff is sold, there is no way to find the final price. Even if I bookmark the staff, I can see only new employer, there is no transfer history for staff. Also it's not in team transfer history. So than is quite difficult to compare prices.

I think this is an excellent point -- I noticed this myself. There either needs to be a transfer history, price paid on the staff member or a transfer compare so the market can be efficient and market prices can be established.

Steve

This Post:
49875.180 in reply to 49875.176
Date: 10/13/2008 2:38:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
suffering constantly increasing costs.

My staff salaries increased $868 this week.

Is this really that much of an issue, or is this an artifact of your unhappiness with the rest of the system?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
49875.181 in reply to 49875.161
Date: 10/13/2008 2:42:57 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the basic point of the BBs is that everyone should NOT be looking for new personnel right now. There is no reason to change just for the sake of change.

but the staff on the transfer list have special abilities
that makes them better than our current staff

This Post:
49875.182 in reply to 49875.177
Date: 10/13/2008 3:02:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But now, in order to train competitively with the higher division teams, we need a huge load of cash just to get a good trainer. Talk about trying to keep the lower teams down.

The higher division teams don't have huge loads of cash anymore.

IV teams like mine who can't afford to plunk down half a million for a player, and now can't even bid on a top level trainer and will risk falling behind on training players.

If i plunk down half a million for a trainer, I just spent all of my profit for the year. On top of this, if I didn't sell off 20% of my salaries and cut all scouting expenses a couple weeks into the season, I'd barely even have a profit. My fans have been on 4-5 "happy with overall direction" all season, so imagine what its like for other D1 managers that have had to deal with lower revenue.

I thought I had a pretty good plan mapped out for reaching the higher divisions real soon, but I feel like my train has just wrecked.

Maybe your expectations are a little high. I'm very familiar with a few other teams that started out at DIV, and are doing very well for themselves in DII after just a few seasons. Though, they don't seem to spend as much time complaining as others do. Get over the "little man's syndrome". The best part of getting to the top will be the progression, so enjoy the climb, plan for the future, and be patient.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
49875.183 in reply to 49875.182
Date: 10/13/2008 3:49:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The salaries for my staff decreased under the new system, but is there a cap for the new salary increases? I just started a season ago and I cannot afford to keep having salaries increase to no end only to be forced to buy new staff that I cannot afford because my current staff just took all my cash flow. Prices are rediculous right now by the way.

This Post:
49875.184 in reply to 49875.183
Date: 10/13/2008 3:56:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The salaries for my staff decreased under the new system, but is there a cap for the new salary increases? I just started a season ago and I cannot afford to keep having salaries increase to no end only to be forced to buy new staff that I cannot afford because my current staff just took all my cash flow. Prices are rediculous right now by the way.

There is no limit to salary increase. You _will_ have to change your staff eventually.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
49875.185 in reply to 49875.184
Date: 10/13/2008 4:16:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

There is no limit to salary increase. You _will_ have to change your staff eventually.

Ouch! I suppose I will just have to dump them in a few weeks before I run out of money and hope prices for the current available staff even out.

This is pretty far fetched as well. Employees of an organization forcing wage increases every week...silly. A better Idea would have been for teams to instead of biiding on a transfer fee to bid on the staff members weekly salary and then whatever you bid you will then have to pay each week. Then if your wage is considered too low then the GI could require a salary raise at the end of the season.

Advertisement