213778.177 in reply to 213778.176
Date: 5/18/2012 11:09:24 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Roller.

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
213778.178 in reply to 213778.177
Date: 5/19/2012 6:35:10 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Countdown to new season;1 hour, 27 minutes, 1 hour 26 minutes, 1 hour 25 minutes..........

All the Mountain Eagles players are already dressed and pumped for the game. Only person who hadn't showed up yet, coach Marcus Terrence, he had to run some errands, he says he'll be there in 30 minutes............

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
213778.179 in reply to 213778.178
Date: 5/19/2012 7:17:47 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Countdown to new season; 42minutes 5 seconds, 4, 3, 2, 1, 41 minutes 59 seconds, 58, 57, 56.........

Marcus Terrence has just arrived. This is what he said, "Ready to play some B-Ball guys???"

This Post:
213778.180 in reply to 213778.179
Date: 5/19/2012 7:44:53 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Countdown to new season; 15 minutes, 14 minutes 59 seconds, 58,57,56,55.......

Here we are in the locker room......with tough.
"Ok guys, new season, new look, new goals. This season's goal; to make it to D4. It's gonna be tough, we all know that, but we can do it!!!! We can win!!!!! We're gonna win today!!!! The season always starts with the 1st game....it decides what you are this season. You are what your record says. That's not Correct! We almost won it all last season. We can do it again!!!! All we need to do is play our o and d, work together, and show passion for the game. ALWAYS play with heart! Always try your best! Always go BEYOND!!!!!!!!!! Don't listen to smack talk! They'll be smacking up their mouth, but not their game on the court! So show them who's boss!!!!!!!!!! We can WIN today! You can do it! We will fight! Who's with me!!!!!!" We are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yelled the players. We will win!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will dominate!!!!!!!!!!!We will go beyond!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now the whole team huddled together, and is now shouting! "1..........2..............3........MOUNTAIN EAGLES!!!!!!!!! What will happen next? Will they be able to blow out the 76ersss? What will the players react to????? All these will be answered in a minute! This is Max Benson, reporting for The Eagle.

This Post:
213778.181 in reply to 213778.180
Date: 5/19/2012 10:52:35 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Dramatic Win in Double Overtime!

The longest game in Mountain Eagles history, but the Mountain were able to pull it off, they won it in dramatic fashion against 76ersss in Double-Overtime! They won 130-118! It was exciting!!!!! The Mountain Eagles weren't able to pull away because of this one guy; Emilio Moll. He kept it close and put it in overtime because he scored 59 points the whole game!!!!!!!!!!! "He was tough to beat, but we maged him though." said coach Marcus Terrence. He and Carles Canals were the players of the game. For his first game as a Mountain Eagle, he got 36 points, 7 rebounds, 8 assists, and two steals. Here's him; "Ok, it was a a tough game, I'm very tired, but at least we won......" Dekis was also a valuable player in the game. He had a triple-double! He got 21 points, 13 rebounds, and 12 assists. "I'm glad I got a triple double. My goal this season was to get a triple-double! Now I hope there will be more to come." Zoran Jakovic and Fang Ruiguo were also key players and had stellar performances. Jakovic had a double-double with 28 points, 16 rebounds, 8 assists, and 2 steals. Fang had 20 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assists, and 1 block. Fans were scared when he got 3 fouls in the 2nd quarter already. In the second half though he calmed down and had no fouls. Here they are; Jakovic:"Every point mattered today. We had to win to make a statment. We did. One game down, a lot to go....." Now Ruiguo: "I knew I had to calm down if we had a chance to win. I calmed my self down in order to win. I did. Now hopefully another guy won't give me a hard time like him again. Moll was and is a power scorer. Now we know not to underestimate these 76ersss again. For sure." Kruger was clutch in the fourth, the Eagles wouldn't have won with that 3 pointer near the end of relugation. He ended the game with 13 points, 3 rebounds, 6 assists, and 1 block. "I was glad to win the game. I was nervous though when I had to go to the free throw line. At least I made em. Man, I hope we never go into a 2OT again." 12 points contributed from Roche (4), Jenkins (6), and Rabi (2). Now, The Mountain Eagles shot about less than 45% from the field, still, decided the game over the free throws, where the Eagles made 24-35, where the sixersss did 9-21. Shocking that Moll missed all three free throws when he went to the line with little time left in 2OT. Mountain Eagle lost the rebound battle with 63-61, but they doubled them in assists, with 41-20. "All in all, tough game today. It was the hardest one of my career. I mean, we were barely able to control Moll's 59 points! It was a hard fought game, and we did it. I'm glad we won." said Tough. Now, the Mountain Eagle have to face another good team; Bode-Diggity Dogs, AKA their rival. They're 2-0 with him so far, and they hope to go 2-0 on Tuesday. "They're a tough team, they're good, got Buer, and were barlyable to win 115-111. Let's hope for some luck!" says tough. One game down, a lot to go in this Mountain Eagles season. What will they do next? Stay tuned for all the latest news, scores, highlights, and more with The Eagle. This is Matt Davis, reporting for The Eagle.

Last edited by tough at 5/19/2012 10:53:05 PM

This Post:
213778.182 in reply to 213778.181
Date: 5/20/2012 1:10:00 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Press Conference

Benson; How do you think what happened yesterday against 76ersss?

Tough; Well, now I know not to underestimate them now.

Benson; How do you think you would've done wtih 1 more contributer on the court?

Tough; I think I could've won in relgulation. Now my minutes will make it hard to manage.......hopefully we can do better on Tuesday.

Benson; Ok, how do you think about the aquisition of Canals?

Tough; I like it. I needed a scorer for my team and I found him. He now evens out the scoring table, make our team pass more, and now we can make other teams guess who's going to shoot the ball.

Benson; How are you going to spend your 70k (once the update takes place)?

Tough; Well, I'm going to build more seats. That's for sure. I think I may be focusing on courtside. This is my outlook on the next set; 23 courtside, 2 lux boxes, and 100 bleachers. I think I may do 10 Lower Tier but the last game I had 482 of them filled.

Benson; How will you train your players?

Tough; Well, Outside Defense is my primary. I think I got Kruger good, May get Revfi in, barely Roche and Gonzalez. I want to get as many pops as possible.......

Benson; Ok, How will you face the Bode-Diggity Dogs, your new hated rival?

Tough; I hope Canals can buckle down and play some hard defense on Buer, and that Jakovic can do something good against Iorga. Also that Ruiguo can finally get something done with Rosales. As for Dekis, I wish him luck....

Benson; How will you build seats? Will it be constanly continueous or 1 big build?

Tough; I want to do it constantly, then before the Playoffs, get that good PF. By the last 3 weeks, I'll start just saving $$$. I hope that I can get someone decent.

Benson; Ok, how will your outlook be for the next games?

Tough; I really don't know I think I'll TIE the Daggers, I'll TIE the bots, then all the low ranked teams.......

Benson; Weell, what do you think your record will be at the end of the season?

Tough; I hope it's better than 19-3, Cometahalley said that I have a good chance at undefeated, but I'm not sure about that...........

Benson; Well, been nice talking to you.

Tough; You too, have a nice lunch!

Stay tuned for all the latest news, scores, highlights, and more with The Eagle. This is Max Benson, reporting for The Eagle.

This Post:
213778.183 in reply to 213778.182
Date: 5/20/2012 2:56:43 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Here it is. Got it from the Guide/FAQ
Princeton: The Princeton offense is an inside/outside offense at a decreased pace. It was up for debate whether this offense worked properly and efficiently in the old game engine and because of that it is probably the least favourite offense in BB. It was rarely used by top teams prior to the game engine change but is slowly starting to grow in popularity since then. The Princeton offense generally seems to act as an outside offense with a lot of three point shots taken.
Best Against/Worst Against: See “Motion”

Here's Motion

Motion: Motion focuses on the outside and mid-range game and it has a normal pace. With this offense, the majority of the shots will be taken by the guards and small forward. From my observations, a motion offense tends to have players take less 3-point attempts than with a “Run and Gun” offense.
Best Against: 2-3 Zone
Worst against: 1-3-1 Zone, 3-2 Zone (In that order)

Now Run N Gun

Run and Gun: The “RNG” offense is probably the consensus favourite in the BB world. It’s very similar to motion with the main differences being that run and gun uses as an increased pace and that your players tend to take more 3-point attempts.

There you go.......Forum message me for a question......

This Post:
213778.184 in reply to 213778.183
Date: 5/20/2012 3:21:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Run and Gun: The “RNG” offense is probably the consensus favourite in the BB world. It’s very similar to motion with the main differences being that run and gun uses as an increased pace and that your players tend to take more 3-point attempts.

That was before LI took over.

Last edited by Bballin at 5/20/2012 3:22:19 PM

This Post:
213778.185 in reply to 213778.183
Date: 5/20/2012 3:24:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Interesting. Thx for taking the time...

Im using RNG as well with full court press, but wanted to have a different one that i like to change it up based on opponent... I might do full court oress def no matter what, I got a young team, they can run lol

This Post:
213778.186 in reply to 213778.184
Date: 5/20/2012 3:25:58 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
We, first, don't you have to have 4 great BIGS to do that? I like Look Inside, I don't use RNG cause you never know if they'll have a good shooting day or not. +I think its tiring, I do these tactics most of the time; Push The Ball, Look Inside, and Motion. May do one more, like I did Low Post once. (slow LI basically)

Advertisement