BB Global (English) > Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Midseason News: Exciting things to come

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
282669.177 in reply to 282669.174
Date: 12/12/2016 6:02:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think winning three games if you're sitting on a lot of money should ever be impossible. Do you?
Problem 1 is that you can't just win 3 random games, you need to win at least one in every third of the season.

Problem 2 is that nobody is able to quantify the money lost (except for Marin, possibly) unless they have a negative balance (so it will be -0%, I hope) or unless they have they are paying the luxury tax (so it will be -50%). The others won't have a clue and they cannot make rational decisions based on something they cannot quantify.

I think the changes in the training system where you can shift towards a natural position for training out of position skills will become more lucrative as the potential money loss will be a lot bigger then the actual loss in training may be worth in the long run.
Again not able to quantify, impossible to make the decision you are suggesting. Also the alternatives are 10% or more slower than full training = even slower training than we have now. So instead of taking 6 seasons to cap a perennial allstar I should take 7 because I don't know how much I'm going to lose in gates if I don't win at least 3 games?

We all know that this change affects people training out of position the most, because they are the most likely to lose games that they might otherwise win, even with a decent roster. My last season in Utopia is very instructive. Started 0-8, due to injury and due to trying to transfer and repurchasing my best player (so GS hit). At this point I'd have been hit by the boycott (who knows, I had little cash but nobody knows exactly how much the boycott is if I have 1 million in the bank). Throughout the injury AND bad shape I kept training guards at C.

Do you believe this change against training out of position?

As for the salary changes I haven't had the time to look up what they actually do. So I can't really comment on that.
But that woman comment though, seriously?
My apologies for that one, sincerely! (:| Didn't mean to offend you, I promise. One of the other staff quite possibly fooled me or I misunderstood, eh... Kumiko was a woman for sure though.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 12/12/2016 6:16:31 AM

This Post:
282669.178 in reply to 282669.176
Date: 12/12/2016 11:28:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
no you cant because taxes are way too big

This Post:
282669.179 in reply to 282669.173
Date: 12/12/2016 4:02:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a lot against managers that intentionally put player after player out on the transfer way above their actual market price(and that is often the 1-2k they bought the player for) hoping that some lost soul will buy them from him.
Where's the financial skill in that? And what good does it do to the game it self and its wanted growth?

And from your other post:

What do people pay much money for? You think a bit about that and then get back to me if you think my players were just the ordinary 10k guard that you find in dozens and dozens on the transfer.

So you're saying that people pay alot of money for your players because they're good and very "unique," but that those who buy day trader's players are just "lost souls." This seems hypocritical. The fact is you got someone to pay for $1.25mil for a $10k salary starter potential player. No matter how you cut it you really can't fit much skill into a $10k salary player not to mention he's probably close to capping. It also doesn't help that the manager who bought your player has been around since season 4... spending almost all that time in Div 4.

Last edited by banana64 at 12/12/2016 6:03:11 PM

This Post:
282669.182 in reply to 282669.181
Date: 12/12/2016 8:01:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
at this point of discussion youre just trolling me and everyone else reading this and you still did not anwser a single one of my questions above.
and spamming players has stopped? when did you check TL last time? :)

This Post:
282669.184 in reply to 282669.183
Date: 12/13/2016 3:53:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Genuinely curious Manon, what options do you think a new user has today compared to 15 seasons ago to catch up to established competition?

Last edited by Lemonshine at 12/13/2016 3:54:34 AM

This Post:
282669.186 in reply to 282669.185
Date: 12/13/2016 10:35:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are some more obstacles as higher prices and the salary floor if you are in a smaller nation that may set you back some

Thats a huge understatement. Saving up for a starter caliber player (DIV I-III) below 31, takes like one or two full seasons now. Back in the day you had the money in under a month. A new player still has to build the arena, that takes two full seasons too.

So we are talking about buying a decent player after 1 or 2 years playing the game. Of course you could train your supercool franchise guy and sell him. Takes 1 or 2 years too. For experienced users.

I think it is way too hard for newbies, and the more complicated it gets, the more will instaquit.

Maybe you or an EGM/BB can give us an insight on how many new registrations survive the:

a) first week
b) first month
c) first 2 months
d) first 6 months
c) first year

My wild guess would be like 5%, 3%, 1%, 0,5%, 0,1%.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
Advertisement