Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
318174.177 in reply to 318174.176
Date: 5/4/2023 5:51:52 AM
Los de la Escalera
III.14
Overall Posts Rated:
Please, we musn't loose de human factor on the bid system. The most exiting thing is to know that other person is biding and the figth between. How many bids ends with a BBmail wiht something like "Well, the player is yours, enjoy it" and you don't even know if its genuine or sarcastic.

This Post:
318174.178 in reply to 318174.176
Date: 5/4/2023 6:46:05 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Just curious, what do you classify as big changes? Some on the list are definitely bigger than an autobid system.

This Post:
318174.179 in reply to 318174.176
Date: 5/4/2023 2:30:03 PM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
Im confused on what you classify as small, because any change to tactics is major, that shifted the meta a bit. Teams aren’t LI heavy anymore. Teams are running more varied offense and defense now! Once again Alonzo did not say there will be a test, it sounded like a full overhaul of the bid system. That’s where managers pushed back, I guarantee if he mentioned a small test in his proposal. There wouldn’t be as much push back. Only argument going for autobid is not waking up vs people going against provided more concrete points. Which circles back to my statement, “don’t bid on players that will put you in a compromised position.” Have accountability for bidding players that will have YOU up . No one said you have to bid on them, sounds like a blame game if anything…

This Post:
318174.180 in reply to 318174.179
Date: 5/4/2023 4:38:18 PM
Redblack Gypaetus
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I´m not here to develop a game, I would like to do so, but I don´t have time, but from my point of view boosting the effectiveness of tactics is not a big change at all.
I guess you want some example like you and other player had said. Well, let´s put some example which came to my mind in a few seconds whithout considerations about the implications. Just a remainder, the point is to show an example o big change, not to show a big change which will improve game experience. The second thing will require to reconsider a lot of times and I don´t have time to do so

Some examples:

change the structure of leagues. Now is more or less, 1-4-16-64-256 an so on... lets put it like 1-4-8-16-32-64-128 and change how much we earn for tv in each division and a lot of more things you will need to change in order readjust everything

Another big change, lets put some more juice in the game. create a few more skills for players and then you probably should change something in time trainings, but I can assure I could come up with at least 10 more skills in five minutes

I assume you don´t like this changes at all, but I will propose a couple more in order to show you what a I consider a big change

lets change how it works salaries in the game, for example lets put a maxim for each división and a penalizations for which teams that surpase the limit, and the fine should go for the rest of the teams on his own division. Something based on NBA system but with some changings

lets put another change, instead of organize teams for countries, let try to create another way to put into groups, in a way we have for example 20 regions withs symilar numbers of divisions and teams, and then reorganize internationals competitions

Just a remainder, I´m not saying that I would like to see these changings, just I want to show you -like you ask- what I consider a big change

This Post:
318174.181 in reply to 318174.180
Date: 5/4/2023 8:12:50 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Another big change, lets put some more juice in the game, create a few more skills for players and then you probably should change something in time trainings, but can assure could come up with at least 10 more skills in five minutes

Okay this is big alright but from this I can see why "big changes" such as this don't happen XD

That said, groupings of micronations and the implementation of BBM should be a big change as well since it's somewhat similar to your last point. So I guess they do happen from time to time, we just don't notice it.

lets change how it works salaries in the game, for example lets put a maxim for each división and a penalizations for which teams that surpase the limit, and the fine should go for the rest of the teams on his own division. Something based on NBA system but with some changings

I am all for this tho! I think it has been suggested before but not sure why it died down.

This Post:
318174.183 in reply to 318174.182
Date: 5/5/2023 4:43:20 AM
Redblack Gypaetus
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
As for the majority argument, my main issue was with how the poll and initial post was framed, not with the percentages themselves. I personally believe that major changes should be closer to 2/3 approval (66%)

I get that and I assume there would be a lot of more players that share this opinion, but in my view, if you put that kind of requiriment in order to go through with a change, then you can forget any substantial change forever. That´s the reason I get CM Alonso when he says that People are against changes (substantial changes of course) and I think is true. To be honest, it is in our own nature as humans to dislike changes. we get more comfortable when things stays as they already are.

To me the focus whenever analyze where to go with changes in game should go in two directions which complement each other, to satisfy the current players and to ensure the game gets bigger regarding number o players playing it. Sometimes People tend to think that both thing could be diffult to balance with each other, but to me both are completely linked.

If you want to ensure content of current players, get make sure that the game outlast as much as possible, and I think that in order to get that you must enlarge the buzzerbeater community and draw much more players. When you don´t change, things tend to die or dissappear, for that reason to me sometimes it is sad to see how people resist even not substantial changes like the outbid here discussed. But of course, it is just my feeling, you don´t have to share it

This Post:
318174.184 in reply to 318174.183
Date: 5/5/2023 10:32:14 AM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
Sorry not sorry I highly doubt auto bid with keep the current players up lol, if anything the pace of the game for like decades in real life.. auto bid is not that important to implement 🤷🏽‍♂️

This Post:
318174.185 in reply to 318174.184
Date: 5/5/2023 2:53:20 PM
Redblack Gypaetus
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
that´s a good one, if is not a game changing , it shouldn´t be a problem to change when there is a majority of 53 against 47 who are in favour. I could understand to have caution if you think it is a big change
By the way, I totally agree with you. I don´t think it is big change, at most I could consider and intermediate change if we picture something like a scale of change regarding who big they are

On the other hand, to me is a bit disturbing to see some arguments to reject the suggestion. I´m talking about 2 differents lines of arguments

1- seem to be a handful of players that reject the suggestion because they seem to think that it is not important at all. In fact they usually says, "I don´t care less about this change" I just think that they are much more important thing to work with that this. So, like you think game designers should be changing other things which are more important in your opinion, then you refuse to let go other suggestions go through. to me is like a childish way to act. They don´t attend my suggestions, I oppose other ones. No water for me, no water for one

2- On the other hand, there are another significant number of players that when a suggestion came up and they disagree, they inmediately threat to abandon the game if this go through. To me is another childish way to act. So, the game designers offers a forum to discuss suggestions and my positions is, or we go whenever I think is right or I´m out of this. With this attitude you will never reach agreement in important things with other people. You must be open to give up something in order to advance. I have been in a lot of arguments in my life, much more important than this, and I´ve never started threating to leave if we don´t do what I like. Well I suppose when I was a child, I might have been in this situation, but I can´t remember. If you want to negotiate things you should have another attitude. When you turn out to a forum to discuss something with this attitude you didn´t came to discuss at all, you came to win, and when you picture this kind of thing as win/lose thing for yourself, you are not thinking about the interest of the game

Just want to clarify, I´m not saying you are one of this types of players, but you ending phrase remind me a little the some cases of the first scenario

This Post:
318174.186 in reply to 318174.185
Date: 5/5/2023 3:45:34 PM
Wavy Gates
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dribbling Souls
I’ve agreed to a bunch of changes that I did not like and like. To me auto bid is point less to add. I don’t any benefits outside of “I didn’t have to wake up” that’s a lazy argument point. I am very open minded to other’s suggestions. I’m not going to agree with lazy points because of managers not thinking about where they put bids. In either system you’re getting out bid, just put your max bid in from the start and be done. I’ve never had a problem with the current bid system, due to actually being tactical in the way I bid🤷🏽‍♂️

Message deleted