Deleting Team

Set priority
Show messages by

To: red
This Post:
162105.19 in reply to 162105.18
Date: 10/27/2010 4:17:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
because people will restart, because of lot other minor reasons - and i don't see the potential to such big failures that you can not continue with the team.

This Post:
162105.21 in reply to 162105.20
Date: 10/28/2010 2:30:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah i really don'tsee that potential ;) Because i expect teams who like to giving up after every little failure won't play this game so long.

And i see team starting new who want a not so strong league, better starting rookies, better draftposition etc. And i see experience manager like me, saying things like this "delete your team" as tipps for noobs, which could also distract new starters.

This Post:
162105.22 in reply to 162105.20
Date: 10/28/2010 2:30:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What exactly is a poor start in your opinion. Everybody makes a few mistakes in the beginning, I know I did. At the start though, there is nothing that can ruin your team. Perhaps you could ruin your team after playing a few seasons, when you get the money to buy those 500k players, but seriously now you can still get out of that if you put him for sale at $1000 starting price. A manager that sells his whole team at the start and then buys just one player will never be able to play this game anyway. There is no point in giving those players unlimited chances. This is a long term game and it's really hard to actually completely ruin your team. Everyone get's discouraged at one point (when they start losing), some will quit (when it starts to get rough), other will try to improve. Everyone can't win.

This Post:
162105.24 in reply to 162105.23
Date: 10/28/2010 10:39:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Then they make some bad purchases, start losing some, dont make any money, and next thing you know they have a -250k balance, terrible players, and are hating the game.
You can't put your team in such a bad shape with your starting funds. People ever getting to that position are those who have played for some time already. Then it's not a rookie mistake. I'm saying restart is not an option that keeps those players in the game. If you will give a restart option, you are giving those new users an edge before those older users who have sticked with their team + some will even experiment and use the restart option to get better players. God forbit if the players are worse than the first ones. Creates an avalance of complains "I had an Superstar and MVP players in when I started last time, now my best potential is All Star" etc. Not to mention those teams searching for an easier league to start in. This also creates excess teams and players. Instead of getting one team per quitter you get 2 teams per quitter. How many managers do you think this would actually save?
I think we just do not need managers that need babysitting 24/7.

This Post:
162105.25 in reply to 162105.21
Date: 10/28/2010 12:54:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah i really don'tsee that potential ;) Because i expect teams who like to giving up after every little failure won't play this game so long.

And i see team starting new who want a not so strong league, better starting rookies, better draftposition etc. And i see experience manager like me, saying things like this "delete your team" as tipps for noobs, which could also distract new starters.

That's precisely what I've been saying in this entire thread. If you make careless mistakes without putting any thought into it, chances are you may not find this game fun and stick around. If you decide to quit simply because you have to wait 7 weeks to reset, you most likely wouldn't have stuck around anyway. And I don't even see the point to giving a reset option to new managers anyway. Can someone name 1 mistake a new owner can make that would be so detrimental that they would not be able to bounce back and win the lowest division in their country (assuming that because he's new he started in the lowest division)?

This Post:
162105.28 in reply to 162105.27
Date: 10/28/2010 2:17:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me put it another way, in the hopes we can meet on a common ground. I'd hate to bring in politics to this discussion because we all know politics and an internet forum don't mix (unless of course, it's a politics forum :)), but we're having a similar debate in this country right now regarding entitlements. I'm of the opinion that our tax payer dollars are better spent by doing things to help people improve themselves, not by giving them handouts through no effort of their own. To draw the parallel, providing players a reset option is the equivalent of a handout. Wouldn't the BB's efforts be better spent by developing ways to break the new player into the game and letting him learn as he goes? Or do you think their time and effort is better spent in coding a reset option that's fair to everyone and eliminates most if not all possibilities for abuse? I believe a step by step guide, unlocking different features in the game, would serve to teach the new player how to be successful and avoid those dreaded new player mistakes.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm not being closed-minded. I get what you're saying. And I think this has been an excellent debate with both sides being well represented. I'm not saying people don't make mistakes, I'm saying you can learn from them without having to reset. I'm not saying people who make mistakes should be left to fend for themselves and quit, I'm saying there are other ways to teach them about the game without giving them a lazy reset button.

Last edited by ShootingStars at 10/28/2010 2:25:39 PM

Advertisement