BuzzerBeater Forums

Non-BB Global (English) > Who will be the West's starting All Star center?

Who will be the West's starting All Star center?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
170998.18 in reply to 170998.17
Date: 1/20/2011 5:28:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
To answer the question though, I think Jefferson should be the front runner, followed by Duncan, then Bynum.

This Post:
170998.19 in reply to 170998.17
Date: 1/20/2011 6:40:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Is there any difference between what Iverson did and what Love's doing tho'? All we're doing is substituting rebounds for points... either way - the rest of the game suffers (for what it's worth, I don't count D-Wade as a good defender for the same reasons: he takes way too many chances to get steals, and sometimes gets burnt because of it).
Clearly, his D isn't as good as it could be.

And as far as *who* should take the place of Yao... for me it depends on parameters. If you're going for the best performed, I'd probably go with Nene. For the matching up on Howard, probably Bynum, maybe Jefferson (tho' I think Al is too small for that).
If I'm merely going on it being a "fan-voted/oriented-experience", then it's Bynum again.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan
This Post:
170998.20 in reply to 170998.19
Date: 1/21/2011 2:58:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Bynum has played in only about 20 games, and his numbers are ho hum really. As a coach I would want the size of Bynum to match up on Howard, but really Bynum doesnt have the production so far to deserve the spot, imo. Potential shouldnt get you a spot, production should.

Nene has really played well lately especially, but his RB is a little low for an all-star center. I see a good case for him, just not my choice.

If we are talking production and numbers, Jefferson is the front runner. Putting up good numbers in points, RB, and blocks.

No one likes Duncan huh? His numbers are well below career average but if we just look at a straight comarison of stats Duncan right up there with Jefferson in the big man stats, very close. Throw in how well the spurs have played and I think at least consideration is warranted.

This Post:
170998.21 in reply to 170998.20
Date: 1/21/2011 3:47:36 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nene has really played well lately especially, but his RB is a little low for an all-star center. I see a good case for him, just not my choice.

If we are talking production and numbers, Jefferson is the front runner. Putting up good numbers in points, RB, and blocks.

No one likes Duncan huh? His numbers are well below career average but if we just look at a straight comarison of stats Duncan right up there with Jefferson in the big man stats, very close. Throw in how well the spurs have played and I think at least consideration is warranted.

Agreed on Nene.
Jefferson has absolutely NO chance on Howard. He'd get lit up.
Duncan? He's not just "well below career average". They are literally the worst numbers he's ever had. Ever. Pretty much any metric you want to use, it's clear that Duncan's not the Timmy Duncan we have come to know. Again, he'd get beaten (tho' I think he'd do better than Jefferson).

Bynum has played in only about 20 games, and his numbers are ho hum really. As a coach I would want the size of Bynum to match up on Howard, but really Bynum doesnt have the production so far to deserve the spot, imo. Potential shouldnt get you a spot, production should.

You misunderstand me.
Bynum would only be my selection for the following two reasons:
- Match-up-wise, he matches up on Howard better than any other Western center (not a reason to select someone tho')...
- He has the 2nd highest vote tally for any Western center.

http://with-malice.com/ - The half-crazed ramblings of a Lakers fanatic in Japan
This Post:
170998.22 in reply to 170998.21
Date: 1/21/2011 4:23:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Being a Lakers fan myself I am a big fan of Bynum. If he ever puts together a season without injury or the coach being mad at him.....he could be great.

Duncan isnt the Duncan of old that for sure. There just arent too many better options in the west. This speaks more of Centers in the west than Duncan himself. It seems clear that the West will have to use their PF's to help out alot on Howard. West has good PFs.

This Post:
170998.23 in reply to 170998.22
Date: 1/21/2011 4:44:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is true...

And Lakers fan, huh? You should drop by my site: lemme know what you think!

This Post:
170998.24 in reply to 170998.23
Date: 1/21/2011 2:45:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice site. I noticed you didnt put Chicago or Atlanta as eastern contenders, lol. These are pretty good teams, and I would not be shocked in the least if either one knocked Orlando out of the Playoffs. I think the Celtics chances are pretty good, but will be very surprised if Shaq is still healthy come playoff time.

This Post:
170998.25 in reply to 170998.24
Date: 1/22/2011 4:17:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Aaaah... I didn't write that - one of my very-rare-guest-writers did (Inqui). I would include Chicago, but not Atlanta (except perhaps against Miami). Any team with true size and you can cross off the Hawks.

This Post:
170998.26 in reply to 170998.25
Date: 1/22/2011 11:36:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmmm, they used to say that about Phoenix too. Atlanta has improved their record every year for 5 years straight. They have also beaten Orlando 2 out of 3 so far this season, with the loss very close and heartbreaking. Orlando has a pretty good big man too. With Johnson, Smith, Horford and Williams all playing awesome, I think they are legitimate. Not the favorite in the east, but a dark horse candidate in my book for sure. They are 1 for 2 vs Miami, with that OT win last tuesday (which was an awesome game). 1 outa 2 IN Miami. 0-2 vs Boston though. If Atlanta isnt for real because they cant cover the paint, is Oklahoma City in the same boat then?

This Post:
170998.27 in reply to 170998.26
Date: 1/22/2011 6:46:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And every time Atlanta face a team with a legitimate big they struggle. Miami don't have a true big.
It's ironic that you're arguing their legitimacy the day after this...
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AoWaL6rHN2vR2wM...)

OKC? No. Because Serge Ibaka is the real deal. He's just raw.

This Post:
170998.28 in reply to 170998.27
Date: 1/23/2011 1:26:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, i saw that one game they got killed in.

I was under the impression Orlando has a pretty good big man.

Seriously......Ibaka? Raw is a very flattering way to put it.

Advertisement