Suggestions > ability

ability

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
177945.19 in reply to 177945.18
Date: 3/22/2011 11:35:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
don't like this idea for the fact that it's kinda like the potential skill...
if you got few abilities... or mostly negative abilities = un-trainable or sell for low price.

in potential, it's rare to find a star with good skills... only all star and up gets trained mostly.

If this skill gets considered i suggest making this a hidden skill... not to be seen on the transfer list and all...

owner's eyes only...

This Post:
177945.20 in reply to 177945.16
Date: 3/22/2011 6:26:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sounds like something taken out of Xpert Eleven's game manual.

But yeah I agree with you that the hearts would be a good idea here. The original idea was to simulate that a new player will take some time to adjust to his new team so they penalised players wtihout hearts until they have played enough games with the team.

I also like their rule that a new player can't be transfer listed until they have been with your club for a month. Gets rid of day trading. But thats a suggestion for another day :)

This Post:
177945.22 in reply to 177945.19
Date: 3/24/2011 4:16:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
don't like this idea for the fact that it's kinda like the potential skill...
if you got few abilities... or mostly negative abilities = un-trainable or sell for low price.

I believe that "negative" abilities can make game more interesting for teams which will buy these players for lower price - they have to count with that this player will be kind of moody or something like that.

As a trainer of best talent possible this could be a complication, however when someone like this will occur with great talent or all respectable skills or like that, you have to face his character, because normally people are not a robots and sometimes are difficult.

This Post:
177945.23 in reply to 177945.8
Date: 3/26/2011 8:46:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
suggestible (is easier for opponent to lure away him from zone defense position)
lucky (random helps him more (injuries, scoring, any kind of success) than to the others, sometimes despite his skills, because was born to be a happy child)
risky personal life (might come injuried from home some day, because he likes to drive fast or climb a trees often or like that)
jealous (his GS can fall if he plays more SC minutes than competitive games)
born for the skill (it could be any skill, I think that some players could get training speed for certain skill and decrease for all others)
dribbler (might more often take care of 2-3 defense players, to make a good pass for a teammate)

Last edited by aigidios at 3/26/2011 8:48:08 AM

This Post:
177945.24 in reply to 177945.23
Date: 3/31/2011 7:06:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually, this idea was the first thought I had when roles were implemented, it would be damn good to have something that described the usual playing style, even if it was just dependent on the skills, i.e. players with high JS and JR get the shooter role, or something like that. That could be the kickoff for something more elaborated as this suggestion.

Roles that affect training are specially attractive to me, having players that tend to be more of a passer, a defender or a shooter could make the game much more interesting.

It could also be gradual, like, clutch players could be 5-star game winners or just slightly better at the last possessions and that would also reflect on the negative end of the role.