Suggestions > Decrease the price of JR!

Decrease the price of JR!

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
273450.18 in reply to 273450.17
Date: 9/14/2015 9:05:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is unless you leave JS behind JR. Trainerman asked me to point this out but I have also talked to some managers who have tried this build and found that it works well.
And there is nothing pointing towards JR only affecting 3p shots. In fact it has been mentioned by BB staff this is not the case.

I don't know those statements and as (just a wild guess) those are couple of years old I would not take them very seriously, as there have been some GE changes in the recent past too.

I have never seen a reliable 3 point shooter (like the 3pointer being a players trademark) on decent volume in this game so far, as I think it is impossible to make this happen in the current environment (economy, player pool and tactics).

EDIT: Actually I found a few players worth to be discussed, but as it is not allowed to advertise transfer listet players, I can't post the links.

Most remarkable guy is a 16/15 guy, shooting 9,5% (sic!) from three in an LI offense (on very few attempts). Against Div II teams 15 range already seems to be useless.

Last edited by Knecht at 9/14/2015 9:11:05 AM

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
273450.20 in reply to 273450.19
Date: 9/17/2015 10:45:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well I believe that we (the users) have set up the conditions for that to be as it is. High OD is all over (but honestly I can't blame anyone training it high as it is a super skill). And high JS as well. LI is also all around. So high pressure = end of the clock 3p shots as a result from very high JS. I guess you know how that ends. Pretty much like your example.
And JR is actuqlly not that expensive on its own. But just as SB is expensive in combination with all other inside skills already high this is also true for JR with the other three skills in the SG formula that add to salary.

The problem is arguably less that JR is expensive and more that OD is very expensive when you get into the SG formula. On Buzzer-Manager, for example, take two guys:
PG: all 7s except 20 passing == 26658 salary
SG: all 7s except 20 JR == 20964 salary

now if you put each of their OD to 20:
PG: 66161 salary
SG: 92131 salary

And of course, a similar (but even more pronounced) differential occurs with JS.

So if you want an outside scorer, the JS+JR+OD all have heavy effects on the salary in the SG formula. And given the amount of OD currently in the game, it's a massive challenge to try to find some way to create players who can score offensively and still be effective defensively at all, let alone trying to do so at anything approaching the low salaries available to the LI-built PGs.

This Post:
273450.22 in reply to 273450.17
Date: 9/17/2015 4:56:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
USA Offsite did an analysis that said otherwise but unfortunately it is not accessible anymore.