Add a scrimmage during ASG week

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Aris
This Post:
314995.18 in reply to 314995.15
Date: 6/10/2022 2:53:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No lame at all, just your point of view, which you're totally entitled to.

- I don't recall making such argument. I actually said we have it easier but read it however you want to read it. And yes, I would expect this to happen. Things getting tougher as they go.

- I think you already do that on a regular basis, even without the said game. Also, not sure what your problem with the lower teams having that game would affect the top ones but I guess it does, somehow.

- I think it's fair to say it's hard to compare top and lower teams, I think so too. I was just replying to the points made by the previous poster.

- I don't want to promote yet at all. First try and get something sustainable and then we'll see.

I don't know where you got some of your comments from because I don't recall ever saying them.

Funny thing is you refer to me as “top league” club. Ive started same season you did - 55.
Im in bottom half of 2nd division which in my country is the lowest one with human players (bar a handful of teams in D3).
Have more or less the same perspective on things as you.

If you wanted to pull a few surprises in cup - could as well try that next season - considering you can buy old, but still great players for as low as 10-20k on BB.
A D3 team will be in the final in Portugal this season... Two are playing in the semis.

Back on topic:
- would an extra game in ASG week be useful regardless of what division you in - yes
- is it really a game changer for catching up on top teams - definitely no

I meant no offense. It's also true that "top league" varies with countries, given that some have more active teams than others.
I have some of those too!
Yes, I know. But if you checked some more, you'll see they're both ex-DII teams (as of last season, no less) with more mileage on their legs (there's a lot of constant DIII up, DII down around here, I've noticed). I'd like to have rosters more like they do too, before going for broke, if possible. Just don't think those two specific teams are good DIII representatives because they're not, at all.

I'll try and keep saying... I have no problem with things being as they are for the top teams, have all the fun you can with it. If possible, lower teams could/should have said game, as while it's not a "game changer", we need all the help we can to develop and evolve. You should know, since you're in my situation (more or less). Maybe your DII is actually something in the middle of DII and DIII for me, because we have lots of DIII around here, so your DII might not be the same as here. But that's really beside the point anyway.

This Post:
314995.19 in reply to 314995.16
Date: 6/10/2022 2:59:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess I enjoy contributing to your happiness (why not?) lmao

Hopefully, the game actually keeps developing more and better and not always stick to broken stuff (for all), that's the only hint I'll give you (I think you've earned one)

Enjoy your sundae or save it for tomorrow, for an extra cherry

This Post:
314995.20 in reply to 314995.1
Date: 6/13/2022 12:00:18 PM
The LA Lions
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey man congratulations on going 6-1 in BBM Tier 2. I'm sorry to see people are ignoring and resisting your suggestion after such a rare and amazing accomplishment.

This Post:
314995.21 in reply to 314995.20
Date: 6/14/2022 2:39:09 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks man. I should have been 7-0. I swear there was a glitch with the exhaustion algorithm.
We'll see how far I can go.

This Post:
314995.22 in reply to 314995.16
Date: 6/14/2022 8:35:52 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:

I love the All Star Game Week.

I love the realism of having a mid season break (not my top criterion, but it is a consideration).
I love that is increases the incentive to compete longer in the Cup.
I love looking at the voting results and thinking, "huh what? Why's he the starting guy?" - similar I like checking a player's history page and seeing how many times they were voted an All Star.
I love that it is a little gameshape and enthusiasm reset before the final stretch of the season. It injects a bit of uncertainty and randomness into the league results.
I love looking at the box score and wondering, WTF is "coaching rating"
I love checking how many blue balls a guy in the 3 point shooting contest converted.
I love the agonizing decisions about how to apportion minutes in the 2 games that week (I almost never make that third game and I have trained lots and lots of players - [hint- it's not stopping you from training]).

NGL I love the ASG too. I'm the sort of person who does my best to get my players into the ASG (and in bot leagues, I'll try to fill up the team with my players. I even questioned the logic of this game when my conference (filled with mostly my players) lost when we had way better quality than the opponents. That said I no longer look forward to the three point contest after learning that the winner is always the player with the highest 3 point percentage among the participants. Used to catch it whenever I had a player in the 3 point contest, but then the revelation on how it works kinda disappointed me. Now I just look through all the 3 point percentages of the participants once the name list is out.

This Post:
314995.24 in reply to 314995.22
Date: 6/14/2022 11:09:57 AM
R3AP3RS
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Knicktardeder

That said I no longer look forward to the three point contest after learning that the winner is always the player with the highest 3 point percentage among the participants. Used to catch it whenever I had a player in the 3 point contest, but then the revelation on how it works kinda disappointed me. Now I just look through all the 3 point percentages of the participants once the name list is out.

This isn't true. Likely just coincidental from the sample size you looked at.

This Post:
314995.25 in reply to 314995.23
Date: 6/14/2022 11:44:31 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
You have an official statement on that ? And what you saw does confirm it ?

I correctly predicted the winner of the 3 point contest 2 seasons in a row after noticing it. I must have pretty good luck if it isn't true. Sadly this hypothesis can only be tested out during the ASG itself, which will only occur next season.

This Post:
314995.26 in reply to 314995.24
Date: 6/14/2022 11:49:17 AM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
This isn't true. Likely just coincidental from the sample size you looked at.

I do hope you're right. At least it would bring back some magic to my ASG. I do admit it's a small sample size (just 2 seasons of me correctly predicting the 3 point contest winner), so I might just be lucky. That sad, I'm wondering if I should actually go data collecting during the next ASG, or shall I just continue to enjoy the game since you said it isn't true (tho it's hard to be convinced without any proof).

This Post:
314995.28 in reply to 314995.27
Date: 6/14/2022 7:19:16 PM
Tampines Fusion
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh that's great to know. Thanks a lot, you've basically restored my faith in the 3 point contest now.

Advertisement