BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > The usual OMG how did I lose that thread....

The usual OMG how did I lose that thread.... (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
14900.184 in reply to 14900.183
Date: 8/31/2008 5:09:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just looks like they were the better team with their unbeaten record but you r only mistake was playing motion. An inside based offence would have probably won you the game

This Post:
14900.185 in reply to 14900.184
Date: 9/1/2008 12:49:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
by the way im predicting the ge,

on a outside oriented offense the sg has the nature to shoot more than pass, even with a high passing level it is more often he will shoot than pass unless you play him as pg or his your best passer on your team.

thats just me.

also your offense was well prepared by your opponent, tendency if your big man isnt an option either his offensive skill sucks or probably his defensive man has more better defensive skill than your offensive skill.

because the GE as i know tries to look for other else to step up, i play outside oriented offense but at times my center do bail me out if my guys hits nothing but rim.

if not its going to be hail mary for my pg, sg and sf :D

Last edited by Shoei at 9/1/2008 12:50:30 AM

This Post:
14900.186 in reply to 14900.185
Date: 9/1/2008 1:26:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
by the way im predicting the ge,

on a outside oriented offense the sg has the nature to shoot more than pass, even with a high passing level it is more often he will shoot than pass unless you play him as pg or his your best passer on your team.

thats just me.

also your offense was well prepared by your opponent, tendency if your big man isnt an option either his offensive skill sucks or probably his defensive man has more better defensive skill than your offensive skill.

because the GE as i know tries to look for other else to step up, i play outside oriented offense but at times my center do bail me out if my guys hits nothing but rim.

if not its going to be hail mary for my pg, sg and sf :D

Ok, first of all, thanks for your remarks.

Basically, you're saying that it's better to focus on inside solutions even if you have a slightly lower edge on the perimeter, am I correct?

I had a two full level advantage on outside shooting (even considering his 3-2 zone... that on the paper should not have been so effective...), while I probably would have had only a 4 sub-level advantage on inside shooting...

Roughly, this should be like saying that inside focus is more effective that outside focus...

Sincerely
Giuseppe

This Post:
14900.187 in reply to 14900.186
Date: 9/1/2008 6:17:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
my point is knowing your team strenghts and using them is one thing of saying playing the game your way but its also good to have nice skills for other players since as support the fewer minutes they play but the contribution they give on those few minutes can be the difference of you winning or losing the game.

if you think your team strenght is inside game but playing another type of offense other than utilizing your big men could see it as a bigger gamble unless your outside players skills can help them hold their ground.

if you see your team to have that sort of advantage as your big man has that advantage and he plays 3-2 and you play motion, you have to look at some things like how is your players passing skills ( not just the pg ), and your opponents defensive skills. because im thinking your big men should have been of help.

probably thats the reason why that game your guards jack up so many 3's as they cant seem to find the right option.

because a motion offense is more of a move the ball sequence and players dont just stay in one position. it tries to find the mismatch and space for your guys even big men to take outside shot or a good pass inside

to say what is effective and what is not cannot be clearly said as it is, because the type of offense you do and how effective you do depends on

1. how is your main offense's player skills individually and the skill level of the others on the floor, if your outside its the guards if inside the big men.
2. how is your opponents defensive skill level

i dont play much man to man, but i do know this i have only 1 11k and 1 10k big men and all of the others are lower but they are going against big men who earns 15-40k.

so i dont ask much from my big men to stop them but just do their job in making them miss and get as much rebounds as they can but on my offense there are some skills like passing and jump range and handling can help in a unexpected way.

yopu wouldnt imagine that for a big man who has respectable passing skill can do you wonder on a outside oriented offense, one center of mine who has respectable passing when he was starting then was even part of the top assist man of our league outdoing my point guard who has better skill level and that was 2 seasons in a row.

but for a sg and especially sf there is a big difference in results having a respectable shooting over a strong or proficient shooting.

this is just me

Last edited by Shoei at 9/1/2008 7:09:42 AM

This Post:
14900.188 in reply to 14900.187
Date: 9/6/2008 2:55:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
OK, so I take it easy, and obviously his 1-3-1 fits well to stop my outside shooting...but how come he grabs more rebounds than me in this game?

(6560637)

This Post:
14900.189 in reply to 14900.188
Date: 9/6/2008 3:03:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is your answer:

DeadlyDonkey put more into this game than Traktor Termograd.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
14900.190 in reply to 14900.189
Date: 9/6/2008 3:20:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But even though I TIE my rebounding is mediocre (high), his is awful (high). Does that not reflect our strengths given my (missing) effort? If I played normal, the difference would be even bigger?

This Post:
14900.191 in reply to 14900.190
Date: 9/6/2008 3:29:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First, ratings are not affected by TIE/Normal/CT, so the difference wouldn't be bigger. Second, his rebounding team rating is low because of the tactic, but rebounds are still affected by the individual skills of all players. And last, but not least, the level of enthusiasm has an effect there as well, so if you come in with very low enthusiasm, or he comes in with very high, or both, he can possibly outrebound you.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
14900.192 in reply to 14900.191
Date: 9/6/2008 5:51:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My enthusiasm was 10 for this game.. Oh well.. Shit happens! Anyway, thanks for your feedback..

This Post:
14900.193 in reply to 14900.192
Date: 9/11/2008 5:49:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(8088008)

OMG how did i lose?

Damnit...

This Post:
14900.194 in reply to 14900.193
Date: 9/11/2008 7:52:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
2nd chance opportunities