BB Global (English) > Upcoming Staff System

Upcoming Staff System

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
49875.185 in reply to 49875.184
Date: 10/13/2008 4:16:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

There is no limit to salary increase. You _will_ have to change your staff eventually.

Ouch! I suppose I will just have to dump them in a few weeks before I run out of money and hope prices for the current available staff even out.

This is pretty far fetched as well. Employees of an organization forcing wage increases every week...silly. A better Idea would have been for teams to instead of biiding on a transfer fee to bid on the staff members weekly salary and then whatever you bid you will then have to pay each week. Then if your wage is considered too low then the GI could require a salary raise at the end of the season.

This Post:
49875.186 in reply to 49875.185
Date: 10/13/2008 4:41:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ouch! I suppose I will just have to dump them in a few weeks before I run out of money and hope prices for the current available staff even out.

This is pretty far fetched as well. Employees of an organization forcing wage increases every week...silly. A better Idea would have been for teams to instead of biiding on a transfer fee to bid on the staff members weekly salary and then whatever you bid you will then have to pay each week. Then if your wage is considered too low then the GI could require a salary raise at the end of the season.

The increase seems to be pretty small - 1 to 2% of the salary. If you can't handle this for more than a few weeks, you have a problem that's quite bigger than the change in the staff system.

As for whether wages increase weekly or not in reality, a real year doesn't have 16 weeks, either. Just imagine that when staff members conclude their contracts, they have a clause which includes periodical salary increases.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
49875.187 in reply to 49875.176
Date: 10/13/2008 4:43:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I couldn't be more disappointed. The last thing I was expecting was to have to screw around with my staff more. And now I have to bid and auction for them. I'm not a day trader, I hate player auctions here and in Hattrick, but I deal with them. I'm a working professional who likes to drop in here for a bit of entertainment. I have no time or interest to be forced into bidding for my staff or suffering constantly increasing costs. I think this about does it for my Buzzerbeater experiment.

I agree with you, it's not because I like auctions that I play BB (or HT for that matter), therefore this was a big step back for me. I will keep playing though, but it certainly means that I have to put more focus into the most boring part of the game.

For players I can cope with it, because it is pretty realistic, but buying staff as merchandise is not only boring, but not very realistic either.

On the upside I can see the different specialties, but that is far from compensating for yet another auction...

This Post:
49875.188 in reply to 49875.186
Date: 10/13/2008 5:02:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The increase seems to be pretty small - 1 to 2% of the salary. If you can't handle this for more than a few weeks, you have a problem that's quite bigger than the change in the staff system.

As for whether wages increase weekly or not in reality, a real year doesn't have 16 weeks, either. Just imagine that when staff members conclude their contracts, they have a clause which includes periodical salary increases.

Well that's obviously rich team point of view. Small or not it is increase ... and if can not handle that (and we are talking about 20% or 25% increase per season) what should I do.
You're saying then I have much bigger problems ... so instead of resolving my bigger problems I will need to deal with more problems ... Great way to start the game
Anyway, for new managers, this increase may cause them to lower down scouting expenses ... which, directly, cause a lack of potential star players (just to remind all of you that scouting is maybe the only way for lower division teams to get a good player to train) ...

Fair play!!!
Message deleted
This Post:
49875.190 in reply to 49875.186
Date: 10/13/2008 5:34:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

It is small on one week or even a few but it is the compounding of those weeks that is a problem. It seems like prices are all starting to go down already so that is a good thing. It is just a bit overdone to have a system like this where staff prices themselves out of their own abilities and then you have to keep shelling out cash to afford top or even medium level staff. I am not saying everything should be completely realistic but it should at least be somewhat realistic. I love the game and will continue to play, I am just trying to understand this as I am sure many people are.

This Post:
49875.191 in reply to 49875.188
Date: 10/13/2008 5:36:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Well that's obviously rich team point of view. Small or not it is increase ... and if can not handle that (and we are talking about 20% or 25% increase per season) what should I do.
You're saying then I have much bigger problems ... so instead of resolving my bigger problems I will need to deal with more problems ... Great way to start the game
Anyway, for new managers, this increase may cause them to lower down scouting expenses ... which, directly, cause a lack of potential star players (just to remind all of you that scouting is maybe the only way for lower division teams to get a good player to train) ...

The increase in weekly wages will be substantially higher for what you call 'rich teams', since they will likely have more expensive staff.

As for the bigger problems, you seem genuinely uninterested why your team is making enough money to pay the weekly bill. As long as you remain this way, I am afraid neither I, nor anyone else can help you.

Money is not exactly difficult to make. Likewise, a gargantuan initial investment is not necessary: you can choose to train average players, 19 year olds, low-potential players, or any combination of the above. As long as you have a reasonable training program, it shouldn't take more than 2 seasons to build up some cash.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 10/13/2008 5:36:36 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
49875.192 in reply to 49875.191
Date: 10/13/2008 6:02:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

The increase in weekly wages will be substantially higher for what you call 'rich teams', since they will likely have more expensive staff.

As for the bigger problems, you seem genuinely uninterested why your team is making enough money to pay the weekly bill. As long as you remain this way, I am afraid neither I, nor anyone else can help you.

Money is not exactly difficult to make. Likewise, a gargantuan initial investment is not necessary: you can choose to train average players, 19 year olds, low-potential players, or any combination of the above. As long as you have a reasonable training program, it shouldn't take more than 2 seasons to build up some cash.

Are we here talking about the ways of earning money or the ways of loosing it ?
I think you didn't understand me (or I didn't explain it well) ...
The problem is the little bit here, little bit there and when you sum the "littles" it can be a much for lower budget team ... that is what i meant ...

And hope that you realize it was not me who have problems with the money ... at least not so big problems with it ...

And, please, be aware of that I'm not against the changes ... changes to the staff system are expected because the old system was bad. I just want a fair amount of justice for all ... and all of u trying your best to explain how the rich teams are in the same position as others. And they are not ... it is simple, rich teams now can place a bid if they want. Others cann't. Do you see the difference ?? ;)

Fair play!!!
This Post:
49875.193 in reply to 49875.192
Date: 10/13/2008 6:07:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it is simple, rich teams now can place a bid if they want. Others cann't.

This is not the case.

Maybe smaller teams may not be able to splash out for the shiniest staff out there, but that pretty much mirrors real life.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
49875.194 in reply to 49875.192
Date: 10/13/2008 6:14:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just want a fair amount of justice for all ... and all of u trying your best to explain how the rich teams are in the same position as others. And they are not ... it is simple, rich teams now can place a bid if they want. Others cann't. Do you see the difference ?? ;)

I don't. Top teams have to shell out for top players to maintain competitiveness. That's more money up front, and more paid in salaries every week.

Not all top teams have millions in their vaults, and not all who have millions in their vaults are top teams. For what it's worth, there was a $1,000,000 million bid on a staff member today that was made by a fifth-division Italian team.

This Post:
49875.195 in reply to 49875.193
Date: 10/13/2008 6:30:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it is simple, rich teams now can place a bid if they want. Others cann't.

This is not the case.

Maybe smaller teams may not be able to splash out for the shiniest staff out there, but that pretty much mirrors real life.

Well, this is the fairest thing i've read today ...

Fair play!!!
Advertisement