This Post:
284023.20 in reply to 284023.19
Date: 1/13/2017 11:43:22 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I think your missing an important part here. This is what AthrunZala thinks and not the BBs.

Did you read my post and his? This next quote is from Athrun Zala's post:

That 2 Billion is needed for the teams who go up a division so that they can buy a player to strengthen their squads to survive in the next league. It's also what the demoting teams lose in value (less merchandise/TV rights/garena income for them). So in the end, it balances eachother out. might not balance eachother out a 100%, but it's a balancing effort & one that the BB's consider to be a fair one!

When someone tells me the BBs consider something to be fair I trust that they have heard from a BB that that is their opinion, especially when he's a member of staff. If its not true that that is what the BBs think then you need to take that up with your fellow GM and not with me, and especially not in public when you know that some people will think you're right and like you will not have read the post properly.

People should really stop adding us GM"s together with what ever the BBs decide to do or think

Read the quote above.

We are users just like everyone else and have no insight into what the BBs plan and do and have our own thoughts about every part of the game.

Read the quote above.

We may be a part of the staff. But a very different part of the staff then the part that actually has something to do with development and thinking of new features.

I apologised to you a week or so ago when I misunderstood one of your posts. I hope you'll realise like I did that you've made an error.

This Post:
284023.22 in reply to 284023.21
Date: 1/13/2017 12:24:09 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Yes I may have not entirely got the whole point of your post.

You can't just admit you were completely wrong, as I showed to you in your previous post can you? Disappointing yet not unexpected. I've never reported a post before but I'm coming close to doing so now. Since you have now refused to admit your error, I consider what you have posted to be a lie about me, as my last post has shown. That needs to stop.

But the part where we get bunched with the BB staff and know what they do is starting to get tiresome. It's like comparing the PR management and the HR management of a corporation. They are part of the staff but do very different things.

Again I didn't do that, as my previous post has clearly shown. What is your problem here? Please stop these attacks on my character.

This Post:
284023.23 in reply to 284023.22
Date: 1/13/2017 1:58:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Manon & Gully,

We are highjacking this topic, yet again.

to clear things out: I have no idea what the BB think. All i can do is use my own brain, compare why BB's have taken decisions in the past & what the motive was behind it, to make educated guesses concerning their decisions. This by no means is proven, handed down or given what so ever to the staff!

If you read carefully, you'll read everywhere that i've written: that is what i'm thinking that the BB's would do. I'm not saying they are doing it!

If i have given you the impression that i'm a person of who has acces to more knowledge than you, then i'd like to appologize for that, since i'm not priviledged to know how the BB's make their decisions. all i do know, is that they've carefully thought them through and have taken them for a good reason.

All i have done, is looked at things from what i'd consider to be a BB perspective. Best example to demonstrate that can be found between forumpost (284023.6) & (284023.7), where i clearly state that IF the BBs were handing down tips concerning making suggestions, then i'm a user who's unaware of those guidelines!

GM's aren't all knowning, nor do they get to see information prior to the rest of the community.

Now to put this matter to rest:

Manon has a point.
Because the GM's bear the GM tag, you automatically assume that we have more knowledge than the other users. it's a wrong perception. I'm unsure where the claims originate from that the GM's know more than the normal users, but it's false. The only thing that sets a user apart from a GM, is that a GM has a couple of tools to ensure everything that isn't related to the code behind BB, runs smoothly. That price of power comes with a series of responsibilities and fear not, our actions do get reviewed!

Gully has a point too
Manon wrongfully assumed that Gully though i had knowledge of what the BB's do. The fault for that assumption is with me! apparently, i failed to stress enough that the points i made, where from what i would consider a BB would do. i could be right, but i could be horribly wrong! Manon wanted to clarify that what GM's & BB's might think, could be ( and are likely) to very different things! Manon referral that everyone seems to think we are in league with the BB's, is equally wrong. Gully clearly has felt as if he's being singled out from that post, somethign which i'm certain wasn't Manons intention. As for demanding an apology. the staff (Mods, LA's, GM's) often get singled out. We don't do apologies well. Hence, you've got one here:

I (as an individual) am sorry i might have given you the impression i have more knowledge than others. We ( as GM's) aren't robots. we are just humans. We make mistakes too. We (as GM's) are sorry if we don't always take the time to right our wrongs. We have many responsibilities to take care off, are often wrongfully accused of abusing our power or withholding information and have grown tired of it. The constant accusations do get to everyone, yet we are held to a higher standard. Occasionally, it can get frustrating. Hence, we (as a staff) sometimes fail to apologise when we should. We are also humans. we make errors. The difference is that we go to great lengths to avoid making any. So to Gully ( and any other managers who felt attacked) we (as GM's) apologize if our own behavior isn't always what you'd like it to be. We do our best, and one cannot ask for anything more than that

So, i've cleared things out. I've apologized for the errors made in this topic.

(part 2 in next forumpost)

This Post:
284023.24 in reply to 284023.23
Date: 1/13/2017 2:00:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
TLDR:
*) GM's don't know more than the rest of the community.
*) GM's can get thing wrong. this topic is a prime example, where apparently i failed to clarify for everyone that whatever written by me, was me portraying a BB's perspective. Who knows, they might flip up coins to make decisions? (altho i somehow doubt that!)
*) due to some misunderstandings/misinterpreting the messages, you more occupied with blaming eachother, not to mention highjacking this topic!

Now that this has been sorted out, can we finally get back to the topic at hand? And that topic was:

Unretiring players

the conversation was ended where a request was made to provide the idea for a potential algorithm of selecting players who should be unretired, so that a BB might be able to take a look at it suggestion and give his thoughts on the matter.

That last part is something everyone can do! My only problem is that i'm not in favor of this suggestion, have provided arguments as to why i'm against in. As mentioned in my previous post:

If you have theorised over a potential algorithm, put it up here. If you have arguments (pro's or con's) post them aswell. The more an idea has carefully been considered, the more likely a good decision can be made. If one can device a good algorithm, which takes as many of the pro's and con's into account and results in a positive contribuation to the entire BB community, then i would endorse it. doesn't mean the BB's will implement it. But if it's a beneficial for the community, then i, as a manager, would be happy to lend you my support (and in general, it's my personal belief that the BB's design and adjust features to either benefit the game as a whole, or to tackle a necessairy problem with the game that is defeating the purposes for this game that were invisioned by the BB's)

Now that this is said, can we please stop highjacking this topic & try to see if anyone can come up with an algorithm (or other pro or contra arguements for this suggestion), so that the other managers of this community may point out it's potential flaws with the goal to improve the general idea, as one community!

Last edited by AthrunZala at 1/13/2017 3:19:59 PM

This Post:
284023.25 in reply to 284023.24
Date: 1/13/2017 3:55:38 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Now that this has been sorted out

No. It has not.

Message deleted