BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129389.190 in reply to 129389.177
Date: 1/29/2010 5:26:33 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Which particular part of the problem do you expect to get fixed?

Teams with high income and crappy players will always be in better position to spend on the transfer market -- that's not anything that's going to change, so don't hold your breath.

really? didn't you write this about... 2 posts before?

Rinse, repeat. Problem solved.

i never held my breath, of course
there's a reason italians don't write in global as much as before, and it's answers like yours

Last edited by mark_lenders at 1/29/2010 5:26:46 PM

This Post:
129389.191 in reply to 129389.179
Date: 1/29/2010 5:32:15 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:

i rarely try to buy players, because it's a really frustrating experience

I did not do the exact sum, but your salaries look to be in the $200+ neighbourhood. To me, that's at least in the "comfortable mid-sized sedan" category, if not higher. Sorry if we have a different view on things.

yes, but i didn't buy all those players
half of my starting team is made of draftees i trained, or players i bought after selling a trained draftee of similar salary
if you check my transfer history you'll see there are periods of about 6 months without any purchase

not that this kills me... it was just my contribution to the discussion as a III player

This Post:
129389.192 in reply to 129389.180
Date: 1/29/2010 5:33:16 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Just to put more on you, my team have already 1 championship and one cup, with my salaries being only 183k. So most probably our Italian friend had better or equal team to mine.

i also started in season 2

This Post:
129389.193 in reply to 129389.192
Date: 1/29/2010 5:36:01 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
oh, btw... i don't think there's a "better solution" to the problem
it's probably a structural flaw of the multipyramidal system, and i learnt to accept it

otherwise i wouldn't have renewed my supporter until february 2011

This Post:
129389.194 in reply to 129389.192
Date: 1/29/2010 5:48:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well the problem are not the small countries rather than the tough competition that you face. One proposal is to split the large countries in 2 pieces. Maybe that way your big ego will get some satisfaction.

Still you cant convince me that we are the problem that you cant advance a division. I can understand that is really frustrating to try so hard to get so less (wining side, because you have many more benefits fun wise compared to us) but thats your problem not ours...

This Post:
129389.195 in reply to 129389.189
Date: 1/29/2010 5:52:46 PM
T_Wolves
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
this aspect of the game is definitely the most challenging. However I can not find correct that a team of Spanish IV series has market power. It makes no sense that a team first division of a country with few users, such as Japan or Canada will be able to dominate easy the best Spanish or German or ItalianSpanish or German or Italian.
Wherever you are, you find major incomes where there are so many passionate people and if you try to set realistic management as a BB then it takes We consider this one.
You want a serious proposal? if the inflows to the stadiums were in the number of teams active in that country? You tell me what is the point that the only user of Ghana may potentially have a huge hall playing against bots?
Changes made on merchandising prospective were ok but very limited in scope given that 90% of the proceeds derived from the stadium!
I hope that Charles & Co seriously consider this issue and provide solutions to serious problems. (again if they see it as a problem)

Più Ban? Yes, You can
This Post:
129389.196 in reply to 129389.194
Date: 1/29/2010 6:02:52 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Well the problem are not the small countries rather than the tough competition that you face. One proposal is to split the large countries in 2 pieces. Maybe that way your big ego will get some satisfaction.

Still you cant convince me that we are the problem that you cant advance a division. I can understand that is really frustrating to try so hard to get so less (wining side, because you have many more benefits fun wise compared to us) but thats your problem not ours...

lol @ my big ego
no thanx, splitting the countries would only increase the problem

btw, i can't advance a division because i've been unlucky in playoffs games, and this frustrated me only right after the matches
i guess it's a normal reacton, and i've never complained about it so what are you talking about?

This Post:
129389.197 in reply to 129389.196
Date: 1/29/2010 6:13:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well my only logical explanation if want to erase the 1% of the managers. Its clear that we dont have big impact on the market being so few.

If you dont have problem with your teams failure then whats exactly your problem?

This Post:
129389.198 in reply to 129389.195
Date: 1/29/2010 6:25:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It makes no sense that a team first division of a country with few users, such as Japan or Canada will be able to dominate easy the best Spanish or German or ItalianSpanish or German or Italian.

And why not? Those teams don't deserve an equal chance to compete? And its that domination there at all? Last time i checked 3 out of 4 in the semi-finals of B3 this season come from the larger communities.

I sorry but I can not see the issue for the big D1 teams in the big communities. If teams in US Ger and Bra can make it to the semies and still be on top of their division it hardly makes any sense why a team from Italy or Spain can not do the same thing.

If you argue that D2 and below teams in big communities are at disadvantage I am more willing to agree. But the reason for that is not the fact that they face strong opposition twice a week. It comes from the fact that those teams are monsters of teams compared to any D2(or below) teams in medium or small countries. You see this as disadvantage for the big communities but I see it as a chance for the rest of the world catch up just a little.

This Post:
129389.199 in reply to 129389.197
Date: 1/29/2010 6:52:18 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
If you dont have problem with your teams failure then whats exactly your problem?

my problem is that this general imbalance in the condition we all play BB makes the game less fun than it could be. less fun for everybody
- in the smallest countries managers have an easier path, and it makes the game less fun for them (they only find weekly competition in private leagues)
- in the biggest ones the middle tier divisions have a limited chance of improving the team with market because we don't make any money. this makes the game even more static than it's supposed to be: i can't buy a player without selling another one, so the only way to actually improve my team is with training. but to take a 18y old guy and bring him to 40k it takes at least 3 seasons (that's what i'm currently doing, it's a looong term plan)

who isn't affected by this?
- probably the half-sized nations, where you can find enough competition but not too much
- the lower divisions of every decent sized country also don't have this problem because they're not competitive, but a good manager can have at best a decent income, in line with his economy
- the top divisions of the big countries can still manage to do a good profit, so i guess their situation it's not as bad as they claim. maybe their situation will become worse when we'll have more high potential high salary players and also their economy will saturate

btw, my team is not a failure
it'd be nice if you stop insulting me as a manager for playing in a league with 230k average player salary (with 1 bot team who lost all his players) and -3k weekly balance

Last edited by mark_lenders at 1/29/2010 6:55:38 PM

This Post:
129389.200 in reply to 129389.199
Date: 1/29/2010 7:05:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I really didnt want to insult you, and if you feel like that, my English is not my 1st language as its not yours too. Some misunderstandings can happen. If i insulted you i apologize.

Now on our subject. 1st you are not in a position to judge what is fun for us and what its not. 2nd in my case i have plenty competition from 4-5 teams in my league, and due the hard work of a few persons soon will be even greater.

I can understand your frustrations, but i cant see how they will be solved if you erase from the competition on transfer/staff list the 1-2% of the community. Do you really think that if we are getting less profit your life will be easier?

Last edited by JohnnyB at 1/29/2010 7:06:10 PM

Advertisement