BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Canada > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
216956.2 in reply to 216956.1
Date: 5/15/2012 4:46:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
*Cheers*
Alright, relax, relax! Everyone please!
*Silence*
Seriously everyone you can calm down. I know, I know. Im awesome, easy people. Oh, they stopped?

Hello everyone. Its Mod-Bballin, back again. This is a really exciting day for me. I am read to attack the offseason and the next two seasons. My reason? My latest investment. My own laptop! Nothing special. An Aspire One laptop with only 1 gig of memory, 6-cell Li-ion battery, with 320 GB of storage, 10.1'" LED LCD screen(ill stop reading the description now). Anyways this solves one of the two problems for some lack of activity over the past month. Time and means of internet access. Time is less and less of a problem right now, but there will be times where, time just wont be unlimited. I plan to cover this later in this speech. I got 3200 characters left!

My Resume
- Entering 4th season in II.2 of Canada.
- One U21 trained player and now 125k player(12588489). Still tracked by NT.
- 20yo trainee currently in the top 5 for 20yo guards(22158255).
- Canada U21 manager the past two seasons
- Nominee for Community member of the year(Oh yeah!).
- Im a Mod. Come at me.

My success in II.2 is as follows:
Season 17: 12-10(5th)
Season 18: 14-8(1st)
Season 19: 7-15(6th)

33-33 combined. Not horrible, not great. This season my conference gained Crystal Lake Executioners. Now I like FredScott, but id like him better if he was a bot. :)

My one U21 player Winston Hightower was on my created team and my first season of training was two position JR for a full season without getting him 48+ at the proper positions. 2 or 3 pops all season left him almost terrible by the time he turned 19, but The Mogul helped me out and I got him on track. I trained him into a 100k player before I had to sell him. I want him back :(

Quentin Jakes is currently being trained by myself and is better than Hightower was at this point, but he isn't what I wanted at this point. Either way, I will continue training him.

My first term as U21 manager was a bit of a dissappointment. Going to repechage, not gaining HCA were definitely not part of the plan. I had hoped for more and I would expect to accomplish these things in the next two seasons if elected. Ill get more into this later.

My Goals
This is very dependant on schedule and teams strength. Argentina should have HCA if I remember correctly. Which makes one tough opponent. USA is always incredibly strong. Chile, Brasil, Colombia and Venezuela can be strong deoending on the season. My goal is to get this team to the finals of the Americas Tournament. Where an aoutmoatic bid into the Worlds with some good guards and a Lucas Bussman leading us can possibly get us through to the second round. Also I wil continue to get activity on these Canadian forums both onsite and offsite.

My Plans
Im looking to put together more of a staff. Make this more of a team effort versus an individual one. I do not necessarily need an assisstant coach because if anyone ever has any concerns or opinions or ideas, the offsite forum and my BBmail inbox are always welcome to those types of things. What I would be looking more for are scouts. Scouts for every age group. A scout for the 21 year olds. Checking on any possible callup options. A scout for 20 year olds. Checking on the latter stages of training and helping some people while also looking for some callup options. A scout for 19 year olds to help people who have already begun training and an 18 year old scout or scout(s) who will help people get started with their trainees and help them forumlate some type of plan. I would love to get Canadians for these jobs, but if you guys fail to express interest, id be more than willing to look outside of Canada where im sure I could find at least a couple of scouts. As far as activity. I will continue look for ideas to get people more interested.

Continued....

This Post:
216956.3 in reply to 216956.2
Date: 5/15/2012 4:52:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Continued....

To summarize,
I now have a constant means of access. More time and the contiual desire to make Canada a force on the international level while developing more of a community feel to the Canadian forums.

I know that I have probably missed something and so I would love to answer any and all questions asked in the debate thread. Also I hope I get some other people to throw their names in the hat as I know there are other very capable managers out there and a nice healthy competition is always best.

Well, there you go! I hope you like reading...

This Post:
216956.4 in reply to 216956.1
Date: 5/15/2012 8:53:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I Want to lead the Canadians u-21 to the championchip.I make all I can to perform for the Canada.I represent the Canada and win more game to Mod-ballin.Please try me for lead the team and make the best result.

Thanks for voting for me :)

Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
216956.7 in reply to 216956.2
Date: 5/17/2012 12:42:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright, I'll put my name in the hat.

Hi everyone, my name is Ploije and I'd like to represent Canada as the U-21 Manager.

I've been around BB since Season 9. I'm going for the second time in D.II with a perfect season in D.III after a first try in II.4 for 2 seasons where I managed to make the playoffs on the first season before finishing 8th in my conference despite a 8-14 record. There's actually one of my players who's on a U-21 team (Bosnia) and I'm looking to build another one, but one that will play for us.

About the U-21 team, it would be awesome to get an automatic bid for the Worlds, but going through the repechage might be more realistic, which would give us plenty of time to set up the best possible line-up with the strategies going accordingly. Strategies would be up to discussion as everyone should share their thoughts about it.

When you look forward, I will clearly be looking up for some people to join me and help running the ship as it would put some weight off my shoulders to run it. I got the time for it, but having help from others cant be turned down. Of course, activity on the forums is a necessity for the country in general to help everyone better understand the game and make everyone stay in the game. I realized I may not be the one who was the most active on them, but I'm ready to take the challenge of it.

On a personnal level, I can speak both French and English so I can answer questions in both languages. Also, i ended up in Division II.2 in the same conference as BBallin.

Thanks for reading and hopefully your vote.

Cheers,

Ploije