BB USA > [U21 Preview] Bolivia

[U21 Preview] Bolivia

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
222461.2 in reply to 222461.1
Date: 7/24/2012 2:57:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the new addition of Michele Bello to the U21 team, it was safe to say that everyone was puzzled, including Michele Bello. At practice, he just looked out of place and got scored on almost every time someone posted up on him. After practice, he was not prepared for the rookie hazing that he would go through, as he had to give everyone piggy back rides back to the hotel. After he gave everyone a piggy back ride, he started crying. He even started listening to Rise Against on the team bus to the game before his teammates quickly made him switch to Katy Perry. When the team was playing a game of "Who do you kill?", he was often being the one that they killed. I decided that it was my time to stick up for him, so I joined in. Cliff Pringle said, "Roland Anderson is going bald. Who do you kill?", and then answered by saying "I kill Michele Bello.", so I answered, "I kill you Cliff" and then I took out my gun and shot him. There. I showed him. From then on, everyone was silent and kept staring at Cliff laying on the ground unconscious and bleeding heavily out of his left arm, which was interesting because his blood was yellow and had a lemony scent to it. Oh well. Who cares.

Magiker brought in former NBA player Allen Iverson to give the team some motivation before the game.

"You guys aren't practicing today. You're playing a game! It actually means something. I mean, seriously. Practice? Practice? You guys do that? How are you supposed to get better from practice? It's not the game! This is the game! Let me show you a few moves you can put up on them." He then took a ball and tried to do a crossover but he lost control of the ball and he fell down breaking both of his ankles, with his ankles perpendicular to the rest of his legs. We got him on a stretcher and to the hospital, and after getting a closer look, he seemed to resemble one of our coaches, but I'm not sure. Then Coco asked, "Where's wozz?" No one could find him. I wonder what happened there.

Anyways, the US team won 101-51 over Bolivia. "Mr. Taco" Robby Serrano had 26 points to lead the way. Crippled Cliff Pringle went scoreless but still had 2 rebounds and 2 assists, not bad for one arm. Poor Michele Bello didn't even get to play. What a shame.

After the game, I interviewed another newcomer to the U21 team, Jack Parris, who had 19 points in his second game on the team.

M: How does it feel to make such a big impact to the team in such a short amount of time?
JP: It's a nice feeling, especially when you make a much bigger impact than Michele Bello.
I punched him in the nuts and left.

As Big_Dogs said earlier in his preview that came after the game, join us next week on Monday at 6 PM ET to watch us play Venezuela.

This Post:
222461.3 in reply to 222461.1
Date: 7/24/2012 7:51:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and 4 pm mountain