BB USA > Word on the street.....

Word on the street.....

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
273990.2 in reply to 273990.1
Date: 10/21/2015 3:30:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
On a related note I'd like to dispell some rumors about my connection to Trainerman (aka Wolph).

While it could have been fair to say that at some point Oregon was one giant inbred family where everyone knew and was related to everyone else, that really isn't the case anymore (thank you very much Californians for moving here and ruining a pure gene pool). Now Wolph, although playing a Japanese team, is an Oregon native. But just because there are a total of two people from Oregon who play Buzzerbeater doesn't mean we're the same person. And Wolph is not my secret account team where I play to my more verbose personality...he's a totally different person to whom I am not related. Swearzies.

But, hey, Oregon is Oregon...I have actually met the man. I live in a podunk town on the coast, but I do get to the "big city" Portland a few times a year for work and play. So turns out Wolph happened to be back visiting and dropped me a BBmail, and I happened to be in Portland at the time. So what the hell, let's meet up and talk Buzzerbeater. I got coffee with him at the Stumptown on SE Belmont about a year ago.

I did so with a little bit of trepidation. He can come off as, maybe you will agree if you're familiar with his postings, somewhat opinionated and grandios. Would he be a big loud jerk? As we waited for our drinks I was put to ease. He came across as a decent guy and we chatted and found some common ground of a few topics (Marketing? BB needs more. Marin? Grudging respect.). Them we got our coffee. Wolph took a sip of his and just flipped. He stormed up the the counter and demanded to talk to the manager. He went on and on about how his americano was shit, the espresso pull time was incorrect, water to coffee ratio was off, how their advertising was pitiful, that small market coffee places were being treated unfairly by larger shops such as theirs, that their shop only cared about profits and their product was utter crap as a result...it went on and on. I just left about half an hour later and he was still ranting as the store manager threatened to ban him from Stumptown for a month. Seems the real Wolph turned out to be just like the online Wolph. No sheep's clothing here.

So long story short, that's the extent of our connection. Anything else you hear is a goddamned filthy lie.

Group hug!
This Post:
273990.3 in reply to 273990.1
Date: 10/21/2015 6:14:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First off, Congratulations on the engagement. I checked with The Piggly Wiggly, and you are not registered there.

And an anonymous cohort you say? Do all 3 literate people in North Carolina play BB? This plot is getting thick.

This Post:
273990.4 in reply to 273990.3
Date: 10/21/2015 6:28:52 PM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Whoever said we were literate is a goddamn filthy liar.

This Post:
273990.5 in reply to 273990.1
Date: 10/21/2015 10:48:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I bb-mail you not because I am lonely.. I bb-mail you because I would like to know the people who I have as (buddy's) on the dang blang list and I take the time to care to message you every so often to see what youre doing and being a good friend and polite. your not the only one on my list my leaguemates and one person who complimented on my website is on the list and a person who bought my player who had a awesome team name called annonymouse is on the list to just because I message you doesn't mean I am lonely I perhaps in my head called you a bastard for that. No lifting matresses every damn day of your life is hard as shit plus it was my first time so perhaps the inexperience was in line with me not being able to life the matresses. At my current job as soon as it is 5 o clock I have to deal with stinky trash rats possible snakes for four hours I work my ass off each day for my pay. No offense bud

Heading on the right path so far. Are you?
This Post:
273990.6 in reply to 273990.5
Date: 10/22/2015 8:36:04 AM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Calm down sparky, BTW- you got my extra for tonight for that key AAC matchup between those mighty Pirates and Temple, or did Bill Cosby get your number from R-Kelly and call and ask for it.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 10/22/2015 8:47:01 AM

This Post:
273990.7 in reply to 273990.6
Date: 10/22/2015 9:37:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not going to be there untill 9:15 can't sell it for profit either way! No Bill Cosby the rapist didnt get a call from R-kelly the soul music love songs hip hop and r and b artist didnt ask for it.

This Post:
273990.8 in reply to 273990.7
Date: 10/22/2015 10:37:09 AM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Nope, no profit to be made on reselling tickets and if you cant get there until 915 you might as well not bother, my question is why didn't you ask off, not like they just moved the game! I know this is a insult but come by the store and I will give you a 20 for it.

This Post:
273990.9 in reply to 273990.4
Date: 10/22/2015 10:57:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Although the word sounds like something a South Carolinian might do to their cousins, literate actually means being able to read. So while I am sure it's just as inaccurate as what you were thinking of, it at least was intended to be complimentary.

Message deleted
This Post:
273990.11 in reply to 273990.9
Date: 10/22/2015 11:08:36 AM
Greensboro Generals
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:

Although the word sounds like something a South Carolinian might do to their cousins, literate actually means being able to read. So while I am sure it's just as inaccurate as what you were thinking of, it at least was intended to be complimentary.

Your a strange...strange man (shakes head and smiles)

This Post:
273990.12 in reply to 273990.8
Date: 10/22/2015 11:37:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't want to go I got to make money for myself. I'm fine for just going there the 2nd half I may have to pick up my mom if its a blowout. So I got to go anyhow if thats the case. Hey it takes 10 dollars to just get to greenville and back if I put 10 in there i'm only making 10! I however am not giving up my ticket for just 20 dollars for a nationally ranked televised game in good seats right in my section where my family friends and friends seat. Too valuable for just 20 smackers.

Advertisement