BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > System of sistematic fouls(well known as Hack-A-Shaq)changes

System of sistematic fouls(well known as Hack-A-Shaq)changes (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
60993.2 in reply to 60993.1
Date: 11/26/2008 10:45:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is highly unlikely that systematic fouling has begun with 3 minutes to the end in a 3-point game. So it's either that these were normal fouls in the course of the game, or you ran into a bug in the system.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
60993.3 in reply to 60993.2
Date: 11/26/2008 11:01:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i see this game again.1 minute and 30second to the end,i was under of 3 points,he was wrong a shot,take en offensive rebound and started systematic foul(4 second between rebound and foul).I think this is certainly not a bug,but in this situation systematic foul was a without-sense choice,because in this way i granted two free throw to the adversary,when if i had defended well on the next action,i would have had the ball in the end for the draw with one minute on the clock.
So,I think it was not a bug,but that the system of sistematic fouls,for a game engine choice,started too soon.The game engine,in that situation,would not have had to make foul,because I could recover the result of the match.If he have made the basket,and after the GE started to make systematic fouls and very fast shot,i would have agreed.But I think that in similar sitautions,nowadays GE make bad choices as in the mine match,so this aspect had to be changed

This Post:
60993.4 in reply to 60993.3
Date: 11/26/2008 11:03:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've never really seen this happen. You might want to post the problematic games in the Bugs forum, describing the situation.

edit: As far as the game in the first post is concerned, after reviewing it I don't see any systematic fouling until there are 40 or so seconds left in the game, and it's a 7 point game at that point.

Sure, there are a couple of unlucky fouls before that, but there is certainly no "hack-a-shaq" going on with 3 minutes in the game.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 11/26/2008 11:10:18 AM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."