BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Buzzing when a requested auction is gonna end

Buzzing when a requested auction is gonna end (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
199417.20 in reply to 199417.19
Date: 10/27/2011 1:57:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The thing is that it never ends in 180 seconds!!!

This game is not about being able to be so bored to just watch an auction.
This is not about seeing who can concentrate at the auction time, it is about BB managing!

And again, all can do this by their IPhone or whatever buzzer-clock they have.
It doesn't affect the game, it just make it more user-friendly.

This Post:
199417.22 in reply to 199417.21
Date: 10/27/2011 3:01:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In this case nobody spoke about not being at the auction when it takes place.
It speaks about being able to do other things while waiting to your turn to bid.

This Post:
199417.24 in reply to 199417.22
Date: 10/29/2011 11:11:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have to admit, i kinda like this idea.

In the past, ive had to open a new window and work in two Firefox windows, (as opposed to two tabs) split down the middle of my screen, keeping an eye on the clock.

But maybe Pini is onto something here?

When im bidding on a player to buy him, i do one of two things, i sit on the 'Bids' page, and refresh it every 20 seconds. Or i sit on the player's profile page, and refresh that every 20 seconds, these will tell me if my bid has been outbidded.

So instead of an alarm like Pini suggested, perhaps what could be changed which i believe would be more practical, would be that the Bids page, or the player profile page, gets automatically refreshed, if you get outbidded.(assuming you are on this page) - (You would have to implement it on the Finances page as well. )
The Bids page would automatically change to show your bid in the 'Previous bids' section...... and the player page will not have your team name against the previous bid auto refreshed.

keep up the good work Pini - most of your suggestions are a bit left field and need refining, but they do make us think outside of the box, so keep it up.

This Post:
199417.25 in reply to 199417.24
Date: 10/30/2011 12:29:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the past, ive had to open a new window and work in two Firefox windows, (as opposed to two tabs) split down the middle of my screen, keeping an eye on the clock.

We all have to do that. It is called time management. Knowing when your player is going to end so you can go back to his page and make a bid if required

But maybe Pini is onto something here?

He wants to take the management out of BB and make this a pure basketball game.

When im bidding on a player to buy him, i do one of two things, i sit on the 'Bids' page, and refresh it every 20 seconds. Or i sit on the player's profile page, and refresh that every 20 seconds, these will tell me if my bid has been outbidded.

Pini's idea isn't about this. If you know your player is about to go in the next 2-3 minutes obviously refreshing every 20 sec is the right thing to do. Pini's idea is to have an "alarm" so you won't forget to check the player. Correct me if I'm wrong but it is more like the player is going in an hours time and so you are not refreshing the player's page crazy but an "alarm" should be implemented to tell you your player is about to expire in about 5 minutes so you don't have to look at the clock while you wait that hour.

So instead of an alarm like Pini suggested, perhaps what could be changed which i believe would be more practical, would be that the Bids page, or the player profile page, gets automatically refreshed, if you get outbidded

Easier said then done as the bids page does not know when a new bid has come in. The only way to find out is to refresh the page. Perhaps have the page automatically refresh every 60 seconds like what you see on the News websites.

keep up the good work Pini - most of your suggestions are a bit left field and need refining, but they do make us think outside of the box, so keep it up.

Don't encourage him.

This Post:
199417.26 in reply to 199417.25
Date: 10/30/2011 3:32:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The bids page doesnt know that a new bid has come in, but the database knows that your bid has been outbidded, which is why the info changes.
So for user X - if any existing bids get outbidded and refresh page is loaded, send trigger to refresh bids page.

or just refresh every 60 seconds like you suggested. Either way its not too hard.

I stand corrected... on the original OP idea about going away for an hour or day or whatever alarm diddy. Pini's fragmented ingrish meant that me no understandy properly. So as an alternative suggestion to that, maybe just an internal email that can be triggered when the transfer reaches a given time point?

Dont be so harsh on him though..... . We all know that most of his idea's are utter poo, BUT, what he does do, is make us think outside of the box. and im a glass half full kinda guy who is just trying to take the positive's out of another user's aweful aweful suggestions. fact is he is thinking of things that i never thought of.... yer ok so he is thinking of idea's such as putting jam and steak together in blender, but still, new ideas make beautiful things.

jam and steak protein shake anyone?

This Post:
199417.27 in reply to 199417.24
Date: 10/30/2011 4:18:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The questions needed to be asked about any feature:

1) Does this feature make product/game, a more user-friendly?
Meaning, will it be more easier to play, get information, etc.
This one (and others) does.

2) Does the feature harm the game essence?
No it does not. Being bored to death to find looking at a single page and refreshing it once every few seconds is not the essence of this game.
It is most definitely not a criteria for a BB manager.

It will make the game "easier", but on the other hand, no one will suggest something like "changing the time of the auction to be 10 seconds".
This will make the game "harder", but as no sense as it does not make you a better BB manager if you have 10 seconds instead of 3.

So, again, making a game easier is not the question, but does it make the essence of the game easier.
It most definitely does not.

3) How much will it cost?
Adding a refresher is VERY simple.
Adding a buzzer sounds almost as simple.

4) Does the cost worth the hustle?
Yes - low cost, nice improvement for making the game more user-friendly.

This Post:
199417.28 in reply to 199417.27
Date: 10/30/2011 4:45:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The questions needed to be asked about any feature:
2) Does the feature harm the game essence?
No it does not. Being bored to death to find looking at a single page and refreshing it once every few seconds is not the essence of this game.

Yes it is.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
This Post:
199417.29 in reply to 199417.28
Date: 10/30/2011 4:51:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your explanation had been "great".

It does not affect the essence of the game, because...
Being bored to death to find looking at a single page and refreshing it once every few seconds is not the essence of this game.

This Post:
199417.30 in reply to 199417.29
Date: 10/30/2011 4:54:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The fact that you do not have any idea of what patience is does not imply that this is not an important part of this game.

Le forum francophone dédié à Buzzerbeater : (http://buzzerbeaterfrance.forumpro.fr/) Vous y trouverez conseils et partage
Advertisement