BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Small Forwards' ratings.

Small Forwards' ratings.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
110979.21 in reply to 110979.20
Date: 9/25/2009 10:58:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not that I think better rivals make better ratings. It's that I think that skills, enthusiasm, and GS are far more important than opponent in determining the player rating. Because I have generally poor competition I can plan ahead for tough games and get optimal enthusiasm and GS for those games, which is what the Dutch guy was saying. In those games I showed I played TIE, N, CT and then arcade mode. My player ratings went up, up, up, then down. the competition went from good to very good then very good again then okay. My worst player ratings were in the last game against the worst competition with the lowest enthusiasm. I understand that this example represents a very small sample size but it does seem to point out that the opponent's effect is minimal compared to the other factors.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
110979.22 in reply to 110979.19
Date: 9/26/2009 7:51:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not saying that it won't affect his contribution. I have seen guys score 9 points and grab 3 rebounds in 35 minutes yet still get a 12.0 rating. I don't actually see a big correlation between rating and statistics, and while I understand in real life that statistics are an inadequate measure of a player's peformance, I don't think this GE rates screens, hustle plays, help defense, or other intangible plays.

In fact there isn't a big correlation between the statistics of a game and the ratings,but in the range of 1-2 points the performance in a single game influences rating

And the Ge rates "intangible" plays because it rates the defence which causes these intangible plays.If you see the rating of a great shooters there are poor defenders,you can see that's it's almost the same of the rating of medium level players which are equilibrated in skills

(656282)

He is a legendary shooter with high distance an phenomenal or legendari driving and handling,but his rating it's not so high because of his poor defence

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 9/26/2009 7:53:37 AM

This Post:
110979.23 in reply to 110979.21
Date: 9/26/2009 12:53:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's not that I think better rivals make better ratings. It's that I think that skills, enthusiasm, and GS are far more important than opponent in determining the player rating. Because I have generally poor competition I can plan ahead for tough games and get optimal enthusiasm and GS for those games, which is what the Dutch guy was saying. In those games I showed I played TIE, N, CT and then arcade mode. My player ratings went up, up, up, then down. the competition went from good to very good then very good again then okay. My worst player ratings were in the last game against the worst competition with the lowest enthusiasm. I understand that this example represents a very small sample size but it does seem to point out that the opponent's effect is minimal compared to the other factors.

I don't think that are far more important. I have some experience in NTs and even if I haven't measured this, I have the feeling that the Ratings obtained in NTs are consistently lower that the Ratings obtained in their teams. Usually because NT opponents tend to be tougher than the league ones.

Last edited by Zero, the Magi. at 9/27/2009 9:24:51 PM

This Post:
110979.24 in reply to 110979.23
Date: 9/26/2009 11:34:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
On the Thai NT our only two good players have been getting high ratings since the beginning and at least equal to what they rate in league games. The Thai NT is almost always way overmatched as well. You might be right and I haven't measured anything like that either, so I will start playing closer attention.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
Message deleted
This Post:
110979.27 in reply to 110979.26
Date: 9/27/2009 11:58:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Another factor I think is tactics, for example I believe a center will get better player ratings playing Look Inside / 2-3 than in a Run and Gun / 1-3-1 game.

I think this may depend on the players skills. if you have a center who is pretty monoskilled aka high RB+ID+IS+SB he get better ratings with inside focused tactics as you said, but if you have a relatively multiskilled center with some JR+JS he might get a better rating with RnG.

Message deleted