BuzzerBeater Forums

Non-BB Global (English) > John Wall; Future NBA Superstar?

John Wall; Future NBA Superstar?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
130049.21 in reply to 130049.20
Date: 2/5/2010 4:07:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's different in the NBA than the NHL in that a grand majority of the NBA players come from the USA, while the NHL has a much more diverse player population.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
130049.24 in reply to 130049.21
Date: 2/5/2010 8:49:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's different in the NBA than the NHL in that a grand majority of the NBA players come from the USA, while the NHL has a much more diverse player population.

Don't get your point.

This Post:
130049.25 in reply to 130049.24
Date: 2/6/2010 7:26:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Don't get your point.

Hockey is different where you don't have one country that has the grand majority of the best players, and Russia has enough players to sustain a quality league.

The NBA has pretty much the best players in the world, and most of them are from the USA. A Euro basketball league will probably never have the quality of the NBA since most players will "stay home" in the USA.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
130049.26 in reply to 130049.25
Date: 2/6/2010 7:54:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If the money paid was be the same I am quite sure nobody would come to europe, culture and language(s) are a big barrier in this case I think. At least the Americans I met all over the world had some problems adapting to the foreign environment, and those were mostly students...

But as basketball gains popularity in Europe I think the leagues over here will improve over the next few years, so that the overlay of american talent might not be as big in the coming years.

This Post:
130049.27 in reply to 130049.26
Date: 2/8/2010 7:32:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I used to live in the US and now in France, I have noticed something very important ! University sports or globally "scholarship sports" are much more famous in the US than in Europe.

For example in France, we don't have any NCAA or something that can come close to this kind of championship. In fact, students are not pushed by their school to perform in any kind of sports. That is the reason why there is no John Wall growing in Europe ...

Ôh vous, petits et grands managers ! Vous avez des soucis de communication ? BB-Mailer Mykah, expert en BB-Com" !
This Post:
130049.28 in reply to 130049.27
Date: 2/8/2010 12:38:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I used to live in the US and now in France, I have noticed something very important ! University sports or globally "scholarship sports" are much more famous in the US than in Europe.

For example in France, we don't have any NCAA or something that can come close to this kind of championship. In fact, students are not pushed by their school to perform in any kind of sports. That is the reason why there is no John Wall growing in Europe ...

Honestly, if it wasn't for that silly one-and-done rule, John Wall would be in the NBA this season. I don't think it has much to do with college athletics...I think the states just has a lot of kids that play a lot of hoops. Just like Brazil has lots of kids playing soccer, Canada has a lot of hockey players etc.

This Post:
130049.29 in reply to 130049.4
Date: 2/24/2010 6:58:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
just two words: ricky rubio

Did you see the game Cupa del rey Finale. Spectaculare!

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
This Post:
130049.30 in reply to 130049.3
Date: 2/28/2010 8:42:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the past we saw dozens of players like him - most of them not living up to the expectations, you still remember Dajuan Wagner?

Even if he makes the NBA and becomes a great player he could still end like T-Mac or in a much worse case like the moronic Agent Zero and play a couple good seasons, get paid big time and vanish into oblivion...

Dajuan had two major crippling knee injuries, the kind that the recovery rate is never 100%, and if your game is based on quickness (like dajuan's was), then you are toast.

Thats always a risk for JOhn Wall, but he is a good bet to be a very good nba player. of course any player, even ones with great track record can be ruined by the wrong injury. Yao Ming may never be that effective agian

This Post:
130049.31 in reply to 130049.20
Date: 2/28/2010 9:53:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know I'm pretty late to the conversation here, but to claim the KHL is even a remote competitor to the NHL at this point is simply laughable. Someday....who knows, but at this point they are a far far distant second.

They are a step up from the SEL, the SM-Liiga, and the Czech Extraliga (which are all great leagues) but how can you possibly say it is "attacking" the NHL at this point? Because they have poached a couple of second tier players? When they start keeping their own top end talent in Russia I will start considering them a competitor to the NHL.

Advertisement