Date: 11/8/2012 12:42:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ah, silly me, good point.

This Post:
228414.22 in reply to 228414.21
Date: 11/10/2012 10:01:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Orangemen down WWIAFTM 72-59

In the season finale at the Carrier Dome, the Orangemen put on a show, winning handily behind strong efforts from PG Jorge Landry and Ekaraj Karanwal. Landry poured in 20 pts, while Karanwal had 16 pts and 15 boards. This will be the last look at this version of you Orangemen, as ownership has stated that many new faces will be brought in this offseason. Head coach Jim Boeheim commented on the search for the next stars of Syracuse

"Well we have had some difficulties finding Americans that are a good fit, but we are going to try to hold fast to our commitment to build from within our backyard. We ask that fans be patient, because we are working tirelessly to put a quality product out there."

One of the bigger stories this offseason will be the impact of the falling out of Karanwal with the staff. Last week Karanwal stormed out of a practice, and commented later that Boeheim had made it very clear that Karanwal was not a part of the Orangemen's plan going forward. The Orange Times will be keeping a close eye on this as it develops, as well as draft news and free agency acquisitions

This Post:
228414.23 in reply to 228414.22
Date: 11/12/2012 1:06:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Davis Miller

The Orangemen would like to announce the signing of SF Davis Miller! Miller is the first acquisition in the promised shake-up by management. The 6'2" American spent last season playing in a reserve role for an Irish club. The versatile swingman adds versatilty and scoring to a lineup that had trouble scoring last season. Although his numbers were low in his 7 seasons in Ireland, he was a backup for the large majority. The last time he started for an American team, he averaged 16 pts and 7 boards and shot over 42% both seasons. His skills have only improved since and he is expected to be a force in the lineup for the forseeable future in Syracuse. He will be getting help soon, promises coach Jim Boeheim. As to who the Orangemen are targeting, that remains a tightly kept secret, but Boeheim has always liked having experienced floor generals, so the Times would not be surprised to see efforts to bring a pass-first PG into the fold!

This Post:
228414.24 in reply to 228414.23
Date: 11/12/2012 9:08:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Charlie Figueroa

The Syracuse Orangemen continue to wheel and deal, signing young PG Charlie Figueroa to a multi year deal today. The soon-to-be 19 yr old Figueroa played his rookie season left high school for a season in Hong Kong, but is eager to return home and be a part of the making of America's Team. The staff was impressed with the young guards quick developement while in Hong Kong, and his size and wide array of skills make him a tough man to guard. Boeheim commented on the signing:
"Well he's such a raw product, but he showed so much improvement over the season overseas, and if he continues to develop that way, we expect a lot from the kid. We had our eye on a few older guards, but when Figueroa became available we just couldnt pass up the opportunity."
Figueroa figures to slot in as the starting PG immediately and team with Davis Miller leading the new-look Syracuse Orangemen next season.

This Post:
228414.25 in reply to 228414.2
Date: 11/17/2012 9:57:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Read the McCoy Press. Its not about me. Its about all of you guys out there.

This Post:
228414.26 in reply to 228414.25
Date: 11/17/2012 10:01:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What does you paper have to do with mine? People can read yours and mine and all the others out there. Come on man....

This Post:
228414.27 in reply to 228414.26
Date: 11/18/2012 9:15:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
look guys, mcCoy needs to advertise his paper because if people don't know about it, it doesn't exist. Stop hating on him for trying to get the mccoy press' name out there. honestly i love his idea of writing a little something about a bunch of teams, rather than just writing a paper for his team.

I don't read any of the papers that are already around because to be honest idgaf about every single move your team makes. sorry. i just don't. However, i am interested to know the basics of most teams, so therefore i'll be reading the mccoy press constantly. i'm sure there are others out there that think the same way.

This Post:
228414.28 in reply to 228414.27
Date: 11/18/2012 9:56:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do this because my league has no other active managers and I thought this would be a fun way to be a part of the community and give my team an identity.

My problem was never with McCoys idea, but the fact that he insisted that people should read no other papers outside of his. I think it's a great idea and he has since apologized for the way he acted so it's all good.

I completely understand that you aren't interested in my team, but I did this in the hope that others in the community would enjoy the idea of having a team outside of theirs to cheer for as "America's Team." If you aren't interested that's completely ok. Not everyone is a Yankees fan either ;)

This Post:
228414.29 in reply to 228414.28
Date: 11/26/2012 5:13:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Draft Results!

The draft is over and done with and the Orangemen have walked out with a new prospect to add to the fold. 6'2" guard Hud Luther was taken in the first round by Syracuse. The 18 year old out of UCLA will combine with Charlie Figueroa to form one of the most exciting young backcourts in the league. Boeheim commented on the new acquisition:

"Well we definitely had our eyes on Luther from the start. We were sort of suprised he fell to us. I am excited to get him and Figueroa out there together and see what they can do."

Luther, Figueroa, and SF Davis Miller will all be new faces in the Orangemen starting lineup, which projects to be much improved from last year. How much improved remains to be seen. However if the three newcomers can find some chemistry early on, ths could be a dark-horse contender in a league looking for a real front-runner.

This Post:
228414.30 in reply to 228414.29
Date: 11/26/2012 5:42:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Interesting that a Big East team would draft a kid out of the Pac-12. ;)

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
Message deleted
Advertisement