BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > The usual OMG how did I lose that thread....

The usual OMG how did I lose that thread.... (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
14900.212 in reply to 14900.211
Date: 9/30/2008 4:58:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have lost this cup match (8111964)

and I can't understand three things:

1) 37 fouls? why?

2) his OS inept(low) my OD mediocre(high) his PG 30 points, his SG 29 points playing look inside. I have read in forums about a bug than changes the teams or something, i think i shall believe on it from now on: look at his players statistics and mine and tell: who played Run and Gun and who played Look Inside?

3) I played Depth chart until fourth, despite of this i started the last quarter with my starters and my better players have been kept warming the bench most of this quarter, i think a level 9 trainer should manage this better...

regards

This Post:
14900.213 in reply to 14900.212
Date: 9/30/2008 5:09:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1a - Your team averages a pretty high 20.4 fouls per game, so it seems your team is prone to fouling. You had 3 guys foul out and according to their stats they seem they are pretty aggressive players.

1b - From what I've seen, nothing scientific of course, but it seems clear that teams that have to defend look inside foul alot. Basically, they just bowl their way into the paint and get fouls. IMHO this is an area the game engine could use some adjustment.

1c - Maybe some of those fouls were racked up during the last minute?

2 - Guards can still score a lot playing look inside/low post, they just do more of it in the paint then outside. A quick glance a the shot distribution seems to indicate most of his points were score in or near the paint.

3 - First, the trainer wouldn't have any effect on substitutions, and there's not a staff member that you can hire/fire that would. It's the same virtual coach for all the teams. Hard to say why the better players wouldn't be subbed in, only the BB's could take that one.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
14900.214 in reply to 14900.213
Date: 9/30/2008 5:41:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
thank you very much for your response brian, just two or more things to say

1a - Your team averages a pretty high 20.4 fouls per game, so it seems your team is prone to fouling. You had 3 guys foul out and according to their stats they seem they are pretty aggressive players.

I usually play TIE, it's well known that playing TIE you get more fouls BUT that's not the case of this match

1b - From what I've seen, nothing scientific of course, but it seems clear that teams that have to defend look inside foul alot. Basically, they just bowl their way into the paint and get fouls. IMHO this is an area the game engine could use some adjustment.

This can be a good point, i will review as many matches as i can to check this

1c - Maybe some of those fouls were racked up during the last minute?

i was winning all the game till minute 45 just 4-5 from then, i think

2 - Guards can still score a lot playing look inside/low post, they just do more of it in the paint then outside. A quick glance a the shot distribution seems to indicate most of his points were score in or near the paint.

That's not the case of my guards. I think it could be if they have very high driving, but one of mine has and never have seen something like this.

3 - First, the trainer wouldn't have any effect on substitutions, and there's not a staff member that you can hire/fire that would. It's the same virtual coach for all the teams. Hard to say why the better players wouldn't be subbed in, only the BB's could take that one.

How can I ask this to BB's?

This Post:
14900.215 in reply to 14900.214
Date: 9/30/2008 6:06:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I usually play TIE, it's well known that playing TIE you get more fouls BUT that's not the case of this match

I'm not aware of this. If anything, it seems I foul less when playing TIE.

That's not the case of my guards. I think it could be if they have very high driving, but one of mine has and never have seen something like this.

Depends on the team and the matchups. My guards score quite a bit playing look inside, maybe cause of good driving and inside scoring.

How can I ask this to BB's?

If your thinking the GE didnt work properly, look for something similar in bugs or make a new thread there.

This Post:
14900.216 in reply to 14900.209
Date: 10/1/2008 3:14:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
now this is absurd!

normally in any bball league, any team having less than 4 players on th floor wny fould constitutes to a tech foul!

of course seeing a lucky fan to play! but imagine that 4 against a whole team :D and still they win!

ouch!

This Post:
14900.217 in reply to 14900.215
Date: 10/1/2008 3:32:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I'm not aware of this. If anything, it seems I foul less when playing TIE.

it happens if you play TIE vs Normal and specially TIE vs CT, btw how can you say my players are agressive? where can you see it? are there hidden characteristics? i've noticed my SG Eibel has got 3-4 technical fouls this season...

Depends on the team and the matchups. My guards score quite a bit playing look inside, maybe cause of good driving and inside scoring.

mine also score "quite a bit" (20-30% of team points) but we are talking about more than 50% of total team points

This Post:
14900.218 in reply to 14900.217
Date: 10/1/2008 8:33:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
btw how can you say my players are agressive? where can you see it? are there hidden characteristics

Looked at your team stats and your players average PF/min. There is a hidden skill for this.

mine also score "quite a bit" (20-30% of team points) but we are talking about more than 50% of total team points

Last three times I played look inside/low post, guards scored 51%, 50% and 46% of the total points.

This Post:
14900.219 in reply to 14900.218
Date: 11/25/2008 2:16:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i didn't loose, but in my match today, just before half-time:
there were only 2 seconds left and the opposite team was able to do a lay up at my side and scored.
how is it possible that a team get so far in just two seconds.
Ok if they pass that far then it's a bit possible, but i have had this in an other match to and i find it a bit frustrating.
In normal life, this is almost not possible, cause there willl always be some1 who intercepts the pass.

This Post:
14900.220 in reply to 14900.219
Date: 11/25/2008 2:53:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's certainly not impossible by any means.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live

This Post:
14900.222 in reply to 14900.221
Date: 11/25/2008 10:01:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
8414246 I've played this game for a while but it still amazes me how much little ratings matter. I completly outrated my opponent but still loss by 22. Losing my first game of the season could be explained by the radom factor but my last one is crazy.

Advertisement