This Post:
275254.219 in reply to 275254.218
Date: 3/15/2017 3:10:10 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
First of all, I hope the offseason was a successful one for you. I saw that some of you drafted some really talented guys

The second point is that Martin Lagerhall returned from Utopia to Sweden and now plays in the SBBL. There he will play for the eight time champion Isle of Wright. Thanks Closeman ;)

And now some words about the Monday Game against Latvija. The game was a first glimpse of the possible future. We played against WR 8, number 5 in Europe and kept the game open for around 43 minutes. During the last minutes Latvija got some more points and won with +12. Nonetheless it was a strong performance of our guys and it shows me, that you train them very well and we move steadily forward.
Next Monday we will play against India and the week after that the consolidation tournament starts. I really hope that we get some luck with the draws this season. Somehow we always end up with some of the strongest teams -.-

I almost finished the list for this seasons squad. It comes down to 15/16 players. I will nominate all of them in time and write some lines about them. The last 2-3 slots will be for nominations during the season.

This Post:
275254.220 in reply to 275254.219
Date: 3/24/2017 9:23:42 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
On Monday we will start with the new season. Our first opponent ist Ecuador and one week later we have to play against Israel. The team is set for this season and we will play with the following players:

Ove Widerström
Christer Tjädermo
Anders Birgersson
Matti Tuikkala
Fredrik Säfen
Lars Fredriksson

That's the core team. They will be supported by the following players:

Erik Wedling
Daniel Gijon
Felix Öby
Kim Danielsson
Ilkka Westerlund
Mikael Sunesson
Lars Stjärnland
Gaudenty Smol
Gregor Carlsson
Bjarne Dehllund
Patrik Everland

That's a sum of 17 players.

Martin Lagerhall is nr. 18. And with him the squad will be full.

Fernando Mazzolini will not play. He had a double down at the beginning of this season. It was his third or fourth one allready. The risk is to high that he will fall apart during the next couple of weeks.

Last edited by Nachtmahr at 3/24/2017 9:27:46 AM

This Post:
275254.221 in reply to 275254.220
Date: 3/28/2017 5:31:57 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
The first game was a win and we had the best result. So... for at least one week we are at first rank

Our starters played an excellent defense. The offense was strong too. Our youngsters (second unit) had some problems but that is okay. We played with seven players 28 years or younger.
Next week we play against Israel. They won their first game against India and it will be much harder than against Ecuador.

This Post:
275254.222 in reply to 275254.221
Date: 4/3/2017 2:13:08 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Sorry guys, it was not enough. We lost with -3

I was certain, that Israel will use GDP Inside. As a result I switched to push the ball. I wasn't prepared for their 2-3 zone. Maybe with RnG it would end better...

Sunesson with a monster performance of 40 points and 8-10 3pointers. He had a +11 too and was our best player today. The other starters were good, but couldn't reach his level.

The 2-3 zone was a big weakness for Israel (see our 18-31 3 pointers) but also a big help: they outrebounded us with 53:35.

For everyone who has one week left at All Star Game or at the end of the season, give the boys some free throw training. Every up can be an important one and sometimes the free throws are the little turn to the win or the loss.

Now I hope for an easy draw. From the next six games we have to win five to move on. So let us hope for the best.

This Post:
275254.223 in reply to 275254.222
Date: 4/9/2017 6:35:47 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
At the start of this week the next six games were drawn. We got some tricky opponents, but no real powerhouses like Spain or Serbia. This leaves us with a wide possibility of results.

[24] Philippines @home:
Played the qualification round at the WC and won two of there three games.

@ [34] Croatia:
The stongest opponent and with the home court advantage even more powerful. For having a chance we will need the best game of our guys.

@ [97] Ghana:
According to the world rank the lowest ranked opponent. But it would be a mistake to take them lightly.

[78] Japan @home:
Our second home game is against Japan.

@ [44] Columbia:
They are at the same point like we were last season. They have some old players (34-37) and the younger ones are moving forward. I expect a tight game.

[39] Egypt @home:
Higher ranked but I expect a win thanks to our deeper and farther developed team.

During the last weeks we had some really good ups. Every friday at least one player shows 2 or even 3 ups at ones. One time it's Danielsson, the other week Westerlund or Lagerhall. Other player train slower but gain their important and awaited ups. So from week to week we make some progress and get a stronger team. According to the current developement we will have four players at a top international level by the end of this season. And all four younger than 30 years! Great work guys, keep it up.

This Post:
275254.225 in reply to 275254.224
Date: 4/10/2017 7:05:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Good luck in match today!

This Post:
275254.226 in reply to 275254.224
Date: 4/10/2017 11:39:11 AM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Seemed like we was at a peak some seasons ago and didn't really have a clear future. But it looks brighter now that we got a bunch of new players stepping up.

There was a little gap. The previous generation (Sandbom, Martinsson, Mazzolini etc.) was the same age and after them Tjädermo and Widerström were somehow alone and lost. Starting with Birgersson a new group of players is moving up. If you take a look at the current NT, there are 10 players younger than 29 years. And there are still players like Lövlind, Johansson and Tjäderborg who are not far behind. In the group 21-28 years, we have around 25 players which are part of the NT, near the NT or on their way to the NT. I think this shows the great offert of the managers during the last couple of seasons.

If some of you want to try a little test. Open buzzer-manager and go for the salary calculation. Every player gets a rating for PG, SG, SF, PF and C according to the skills. Players with a rating of 15+ are in an exclusiv club. They are the best ones in this game. We have a player with a rating almost at 15.8 and the second on has 15.96! His manager is pushing him for two more ups... it would mean a 16.56 rating. Our youngest NT has a 14.5 rating. So as you can see, it's not only the amount of players, there is already some heavy quality behind it.

This Post:
275254.228 in reply to 275254.227
Date: 4/10/2017 2:57:07 PM
white snake
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Black Forest Boars
Widerström is posted as a PG ;) But his skills are the ones of a big.
And you train your boys in guard skills...

Advertisement