Suggestions > Suggestion for periods

Suggestion for periods

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
175297.22 in reply to 175297.1
Date: 2/26/2011 6:24:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tactics are used to outsmart an opponent. You would be playing A or B, and such an option makes both possible, diminishing the chances to outsmart an opponent tactically.

I've seen how they done such a thing with Hattrick and I dare say this game would definitely be less fun. Therefor I'm against it.

This Post:
175297.23 in reply to 175297.22
Date: 3/5/2011 12:22:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think 1.period is end. we lose 45-35
2.period start 3 minutes. ı think the game must give 1 chance for tactic change :) 1 tactic change :) is good ı think so :)

This Post:
175297.24 in reply to 175297.23
Date: 3/5/2011 6:06:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As already explained to you, the game does not happen in real time. So by the time you find out if you are winning/losing,it is too late. The results have already happened 15 minutes before you even find out.

We are not going to have a live game engine and this will give massive advantage for those that are able to stay online when their game is on.

This Post:
175297.26 in reply to 175297.11
Date: 3/10/2011 4:54:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I suppose the coach is supposed to be doing this in the game engine.

So, one nice step in this direction might be to just publicize the changes the coach is making. Ie, that way you could see that even though you started the game in Low Post, now that you're down 15 the coach has given up on this and shifted to a style with a faster pace. Just seeing the coach's changes to your game plan would be a step forward. And a needed step towards allowing the player-manager to do more.

A system where a manager can set up conditions for changes would be most flexible. Then the manager could program in certain changes for certain conditions. Ie, change the offense if ahead or behind. Could be very flexible. Also probably a bear to test to make sure certain conditions don't 'game' the game engine.

Maybe as a first simpler step, just allow three sets of tactics choices ... ie, you can set your offense, defense, depth chart usage and response to fouls for just these three conditions ...

--Normal--
--Down by 12 or more--
--Up by 12 or more--

To me, I don't so much want to automatically change by quarters as I'd want to change per conditions in the game. In the above, it wouldn't be nice to be trying to defend a lead in the 4th Qtr, with a team fighting off foul trouble to key players, and to find oneself in a fast-paced, full-court pressing sort of game just because that's what the plan said to do in the fourth qtr. I'd rather have that triggered by my team going behind in the game.

just my $0.02 worth. :)