Help - English > Hey new and have a dilemma

Hey new and have a dilemma

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
220421.22 in reply to 220421.20
Date: 6/20/2012 2:03:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guarantee you, 1 season 1 promotion...till DII, without a doubt.

http://www.buzzerbeater.com/team/32664/history.aspx

The fact that Torooo took 3 seasons to get out of Brasil III, I would put money on you not accomplishing that in USA III.
Besides, the point is moot when you cannot get a USA team.

If you remember me, then I don't care if everyone else forgets.
This Post:
220421.23 in reply to 220421.19
Date: 6/20/2012 2:20:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a couple of questions, and as I'm only a little over a season old here I recognize that I don't have that much experience, but here is what comes to mind:

1. Why does everyone assume he won't be able to afford to keep him? Building a HOF player steadily and balanced won't drive the player into a triple digit weekly salary for quite some time, right? If a team is smart, wins games, builds up their arena, and trains a balanced Hall of Famer for the first 4-5 seasons, by that time they should be in Div III at least, and can be making the type of weekly income to afford him. Is this way off base?

2. A million dollars is nice. Two million dollars is nicer. However, having the luxury to train a signature player exactly how you want to with no concern for capping out in the next decade (in Buzzerbeater terms) is pretty darn nice, too. You can make money in other ways besides selling your best prospect. Most people talk about selling him like it's an obvious choice, but I don't think it is.

This Post:
220421.26 in reply to 220421.21
Date: 6/20/2012 6:44:35 AM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
There are many friendly and talkative people that offer advise on these forums, but everyone who has a IV. something, V.something, or IV.something under their team's name means that they have no credibility (outside of the very very very rare instance where a team has purposely relegated after a long run in division II)

I'm from division II. But I'm from a micronation, so I'm actually from the second last division, that would make it a div IV. I guess I don't really have much credibility ='(

Correct.
Apparently you have to be a USA Division III level team with a losing record, like Valubadag and his Tornado Turtles, to have credibility here.

Edit: Valubadag wrote:
And I can say that from a position of success.

You sure can, Valubadag. You sure can.

Last edited by shikago at 6/20/2012 6:49:12 AM

This Post:
220421.27 in reply to 220421.26
Date: 6/20/2012 7:00:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This thread is about OP's question and not about who is more/less experienced player. If you'd care to look, you'd see OP never posted anything outside of original message.

BB is a game of multiple possibilities, so there isn't one predefined way on how to do it. If he sells his HoF trainee, he might get a jumpstart on his Arena and whatnot, but after 2-4 seasons he might regret selling that dude. Such trainees don't come by that often, and especially not for free.

So if you've got something to write about, please keep it in theme with OP's question.

This Post:
220421.28 in reply to 220421.18
Date: 6/20/2012 7:07:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,

Sorry I am too late in this. Lot of debate about legit advice.

Let me tell yo uthis: Noobs line up by the 100s to give bad advice. These people exist all over the net. SOME of them could know what they are talking about. The point is they aint proved it.

So some advice for you from a legit worldclass trainer.

Bad advice is not limited to noobs. HOWEVER, I do see that you admit that some may have a clue, but don't have the credibility. Just saying and not directing specifically at you Wolph. Or at Valduabag/ VD-bag, whatever his name is either.

Just a generalization that bad advice can indeed come from anywhere.

This Post:
220421.29 in reply to 220421.27
Date: 6/20/2012 7:18:12 AM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
T If you'd care to look, you'd see OP never posted anything outside of original message.

Well OP never posted here again, period.
Seeing as how he's new, and after reading his question, I'll just recommend selling him.

This Post:
220421.30 in reply to 220421.25
Date: 6/20/2012 7:20:21 AM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy
give me a DV adn I will promote every season without fail.

.I guarantee you, 1 season 1 promotion...till DII, without a doubt.

I am lightyears ahead of him

At some point, how fast you'd promote in the USA would have as much to do with luck as any type of "skill". Unless you're talking about simply day-trading your way to a massive fortune & buying championships. And even then...

No doubt you'd breeze by D5, and probably D4 too. But no way you'd be guaranteed to get by a really tough D3 league. Especially if there's some monster D2 level team already there. You haven't even played in a single "normal" competitive league yet... I think you're underestimating actually having to deal with all that comes with it.

Or what if some NBBA team decides to tank 2 seasons & meets you down in D3? Do you really think you'd be head-and-shoulders above them in just your *3rd* season? (& it would be your 2nd season, if you started in D4. which some teams do)

Just saying, even with the lamest possible tactics (loading up at the trade deadline, operating at a weekly loss, etc.) it won't be the cakewalk you're painting it as. Your success or failure to move up in 1 season would be as much a function of the quality of teams around you as anything else.

Slightly off-topic:
Not knocking you. But I just glanced at a bunch of random games over you played in over the last couple seasons. wow. You get away with putting out some really horrible lineups on a *regular* basis. Multiple players with single digit game ratings -_- & you're a top division team... not only that, but you're one of the top teams in that top division.

Plus, you've seriously got an 8 player roster?? There's no way you should be allowed to win both league games & stay alive in the cup. Honestly, the JBBL is seeming a whole lot closer to D4-D5 caliber competition than to D1 in many aspects. I mean your 2 best players aren't even in good game shape & it doesn't even matter in the slightest.

This Post:
220421.32 in reply to 220421.20
Date: 6/20/2012 8:51:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i can tell you australian managers would pay good money for him if he puts him up for sale even this far through the season.

Australia NT coach. Join offsite forum for all things Australian http://forum.buzzerbeaterstats.com/
Advertisement