Help - English > Aggressive hidden trait

Aggressive hidden trait

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
240868.22 in reply to 240868.21
Date: 4/30/2013 7:28:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the type of offense run has an effect on fouls, i believe.

as do matchups (a poor defender versus a skilled offensive player can often result in a foul).

i also think stamina may play a role, although evidence for this is not much more than an impression.

interestingly, at least for me, is that i have seen no correlation between home court and which team is punished with fouls -- as often as not, it seems to me, the home team is called for a disproportionate number of fouls, if it should occur. the refs are certainly not homers.

This Post:
240868.24 in reply to 240868.20
Date: 5/1/2013 5:55:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its not allowed to advertise transfer listed players on the public forums.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
240868.26 in reply to 240868.25
Date: 5/5/2013 12:21:17 AM
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
This goes with something already said but I can see "streakiness" being in the game. Of course, it could be related to just randomness, but I have noticed some players foul a lot in a couple game stretch and then barely foul for several games in a row. I also think there is something for being "in the zone" for players. I remember a while back a big man of mine was great. Averaged 20ppg 10rpg and 3bpg. Then a season later, against the same opponents and many of the same players(same LI tactic too) he just sucked. Couldn't do anything.

But all of this is what makes the game great and in a way gives us a reason to get rid of players, just like in the NBA. Some players just don't do great and get traded then might be an Allstar the next season. Makes this game like a puzzle, and that's the beauty of it.

This Post:
240868.27 in reply to 240868.26
Date: 5/7/2013 7:42:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Excactly this effect is why this game has made me going since 2010 (although yes, unluckily still in league IV, but hoping to change it this season). If you buy a player, then it´s like kinder surprise, of course you can check how he has been playing in the past, but still, how the player cooperates with other players and how he is going to change the flow of the game is just astounding.

This Post:
240868.28 in reply to 240868.14
Date: 5/16/2013 11:49:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a few players who are higher than average aggressiveness. While the fouling can get annoying and the injury magnet aspect of it really sucks, my experience has been that they probably get a few more steals and defend a little better because of the aggression.

So my aggressive player who got injured during a scrimmage All-Star week to try to manage his GS came back in time for Tuesday's game, but only played 10 minutes, which meant he needed scrimmage time to rehabilitate his GS. Picked up two fouls in the first half minute, and then an uneventful few minutes before getting injured yet again at the 6 minute mark for at least his fourth injury of the season. So, uh, yeah.