BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > More teams per league (to allow for more promotion/relegation)

More teams per league (to allow for more promotion/relegation)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
283928.22 in reply to 283928.21
Date: 12/24/2016 4:16:11 PM
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
Affinity is a good idea, though I wonder if there is a simpler solution coding wise. For example, we could just make the post-transfer GS penalty longer, or install a trade deadline.

Also, I would still argue that this buy-up problem would be greatly reduced if my proposal is implemented. Adding more teams into the league whilst still keeping an 8 team play-off would make it more difficult relatively speaking to get in, especially in the 20 or 24 team formats I drew up.

Last edited by Jay (OTT) at 1/26/2017 5:04:06 AM

This Post:
283928.23 in reply to 283928.22
Date: 1/30/2017 2:29:50 AM
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
A major catalyst for me making this thread a while back was the proposed relegation system, so it's pleasing to see that the mid-season news includes an amendment so that five teams relegate instead of six. However;

1. There's still the problem where if you don't finish top four in your conference and make the play-offs, you risk relegation. The fifth placed team does now get an easier relegation series on paper, but this only mitigates rather than eliminates the problem.

2. Expanding the leagues/divisions also has other potential benefits aside from freeing up promotion/relegation set-ups. I'll bring up the argument of making the play-offs tougher to reach again, as I feel that making teams/managers truly earn their right to play for the championship is a good thing. A larger league size can also create a bigger inner community within that league, and at least increase the chance of one of the managers starting a conversation on the forums.

In essence, this post is a bump, but I feel like one is acceptable for a major suggestion that received some attention like this one. Next time this falls off the front page, I'll let the thread die, but I feel that the BB's if they read this should give the ideas and thoughts that myself and others have presented in this thread some consideration...