This Post:
323193.22 in reply to 323193.2
Date: 3/19/2024 3:34:32 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
My question is regarding wage/salary on players, is there any possible update for add more value to the best players +155 STH = + 200k salary on average?
@Roy DVP: Yes, we can further reduce the salaries on the top end, we've been doing this for a very long time (some players would probably have their salaries in 7 figures by now if we didn't). We will think about it and see if this is the right approach or giving more money to all teams is the better approach (or a combination of the two).

In how many seasons/years (if ever) can we expect there to be an online BuzzerBeater Gift Shop/Store?
@E.B.W.: The merch store was a long time wish for all of us, but we wanted to do it properly and make it finantially viable. There was no way to do it in the past other than order some T-shirts from a T-shirt company, which we can still do but maybe today we'll have more options, so the idea will be revisited.

I wanted to ask if there is any plan to improve the staff market section
@LDS: Not at the moment, no. We'll see how it goes with the autobid and then re-evaluate.
How can we as players help this game? Is there any way you could share a "roadmap" for future development?
@0verW1ng: There's always Supporter, donations fund and PR. Bubbles up here has the right idea, his YT videos are amazing and are helping spread the word. You could do that too but maybe another way? Getting more managers will free more funds for further development (we could hire more developers, for example).
There is no fixed roadmap for future development, I have to be honest. We have limited resources and unplanned maintenance often ruins our development plans so giving estimates is super hard and can result in a lot of backlash.

1. Does the elastic effect plateau after a certain difference in skill level, or will it keep growing as the distance between both skills grow further?
2. Do players attempt to block at every shot attempt regardless of how good/bad their shot blocking skills are?
3. Would a shot over an atrocious defender have a higher chance of scoring as compared to a wide open shot?
@BuzzRBeater: 1. It is a complex mathematical formula which I cannot reveal, so the details will need to be revealed via testing. Maybe someone can make some research and then reveal the findings?
2. No.
3. Even an atrocious defender can get VERY lucky, hope that answers your question!

1) Marin : we don't see you as much as Justin on the forums. Could we have an idea of the responsibilities each of you have ? Do each one of you as a some parts of the code you handle (bugs and features alike) ?
3) Justin / Marin : Buzzer manager may not survive very long and it has already been stated that an in-game alternative would be added. Could we have an idea of the timeline for this vital feature ?
4) Justin / Marin : who would be in your NBA all-time starting five ?
@Phoenix: 1. I'm the main developer for the web site, while Justin is main for the app, but he helps a lot with the web site, as you can see, so there's overlap from that side. There are no strict roles, we try to help each other when needed and it's been very fruitful so far.
3. No timeline for now, sorry, but I'm certain that the BBM would be willing to accept help further maintaining and developing his site.
4. Just of the top of my head: Magic, Jordan, Bird, LeBron, Chamberlain.

Continuing on the next post...

Last edited by BB-Marin at 3/19/2024 3:35:08 AM

This Post:
323193.23 in reply to 323193.8
Date: 3/19/2024 4:15:02 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
In relation to one of the previous comments. Any chance for BB source code to accept Pull Requests?
@kochacsesje: No.

For Justin and Marin: Is it correct that open outside shots have team rating in OD "applied" to them?...
@The Sentinel and LA-zajino: I won't answer that, but maybe Justin will? I can't stop him!

1. Do we get leaderboards for steals and blocks on the league page?
2. Do we get "worldwide top 50" leaderboards for pts, reb, ast, stl and blk? Is this intended?
@Nachtmahr: Both aren't in any plans but you never know.

Are there any plans to change the cost of IS for guards? Or salary formulas in general?
@kochacsesje again: Sure, we can revisit them but when it will be done, I'm not sure. Whenever it is, it will be done very gently.

Would it be possible to know if there are other hidden stats besides aggression? If so, how many?
Its probably too much to also ask what they are.
@Gully Foyle: There are some that might have been intended for future implementation but never were. I'm willing to say that much.

Can you implement a feature to delete all bookmarks with one click?
@smars: We can but when, I cannot say.

1. Do you think GE now is perfect? (e.g. diversity of off & def tactics chioces, correct reflections of skills' comparision, fun to use tactical strategy)
2. One big fun of BB training is to explore new types of players (e.g. SB bigs, players with 20+ skills). Do you think we have explored most feasible types of players?
@Djstra: 1. Of course not! There's always room for improvement but it's very hard not to tip the scales too much with every change implemented, so we have to very careful when working on it.
2. Your ingenuity has been very impressive and we can't even imagine what you'll come up with next.

This Post:
323193.24 in reply to 323193.23
Date: 3/20/2024 7:16:23 AM
Xeftilaikos
A1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Back2Back
First of all, thank you for giving us the opportunity to make some quastions.

For both Marin and Justin

1. How does stamina affect players perfomance during games? Is affecting more defensive skills, offensive, both the same? Is maybe affecting somehow players choices (e.g. take a difficult jump shot than pass)?

2. How does game shape affect players performance? My guess is that it affects more the offensive skills, can you confirm this?

3. How exactly is experience working? An experienced player would make better choices during the game? Or maybe gives a % boost on some/all skills? Is xp affecting player performance the hole game or just at the last minutes?

Thank you in advance.

This Post:
323193.25 in reply to 323193.22
Date: 3/20/2024 8:21:35 AM
Los de la Escalera
III.14
Overall Posts Rated:
In which shoots affects the Block Shoot? There's any clue un the play by play?

This Post:
323193.26 in reply to 323193.1
Date: 3/20/2024 9:56:09 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Before asking my question, I'd like to say that I think the updates over the past year or two have been great.

To BB:

1. (Helping someone ask) I've always had a question about the potential of BB players: why is the Hall of Fame considered higher than the MVP?
In theory, players who can win the MVP award should almost certainly be able to enter the Hall of Fame, but players who enter the Hall of Fame don't necessarily have to have won the MVP, right?

2. Regarding the match viewer after 2021, the features of replay speed control and skip button, which were added in about S41, have not been implemented.
May I ask why?

3. The play-by-play feature in the app is very convenient.
I use it to see who is the best defender and who is the best offensive player in a box-and-one defense.
Will this feature be available on the web version for managers who do not have supporters in the future?

4. How are the groups decided for the 2nd round of the National Teams?
Are the Asia and Americas tournaments grouped as follows?
Pool E: B1, A2, C2, A3, C3, B4.
Pool D: A1, C1, B2, B3, A4, C4.
Is the Europe tournaments grouped as follows?
Pool H: B1, D1, F1, A2, C2, E2.
Pool G: A1, C1, E1, B2, D2, F2.

5. There was a discussion on the Suggestions board about Training Diversity. (319331.1)
I'd like to ask for BB's opinion, especially if there's anything that managers haven't thought of but BB considers important.

6. The training system of BB appears to force managers to use the transfer market.
Is it impossible for BB to update towards a self-sufficient training method (for example, being able to train both inside and outside players simultaneously)?

7. Is there a confirmed update plan related to newly signed-up teams that will be implemented in the future?

To Justin:

1. Regarding increasing the minimum aggressiveness (315008.142), may I ask if there has been any progress?

Last edited by little Guest at 3/21/2024 2:26:24 AM

This Post:
323193.28 in reply to 323193.27
Date: 3/22/2024 5:56:14 AM
DarkQueen
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello, now it is possible to buy a player, make him play and fire him before the economic update.
This means that, for players perhaps with a salary of 200K, I buy them for 15K, they play one, two, games and then I fire them.
Same thing for the cup, I take "oneshot" players and then fire them.
Does this make sense?
Couldn't it make more sense that if I buy a player I can't fire him for 8 days? Or pay his salary immediately (Hattrick style)?

This Post:
323193.29 in reply to 323193.28
Date: 3/22/2024 9:26:09 AM
LionDash
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
hi.. just to add 1 more question.. now that we have mobile app running on IOS and android. Will you guys consider adding google pay and apple pay as another payment gateway?

This Post:
323193.30 in reply to 323193.29
Date: 3/22/2024 9:01:47 PM
KK Valmar Zagreb
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
If someone is studying computer science and wants to help you guys in maintaining the page and develop it further, on what should he focus on in his studies and are you guys open to accepting new people in?

This Post:
323193.31 in reply to 323193.30
Date: 3/23/2024 11:48:43 AM
黄埔体校
III.9
Overall Posts Rated:
Does BB have hidden attributes such as vulnerability or foul making?
Why have there been many early fouls in recent seasons that have led to players making 5 early fouls

This Post:
323193.32 in reply to 323193.26
Date: 3/25/2024 6:19:20 AM
QQguest
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Adding a question:

To BB:

8. Would it be possible to provide the utilization rates for various training areas and positions to train?
For multiple weeks or even a season, and divided by division.
Just a one-time data would be fine.
I doubt if there are really many people who have one position training unused and go to use 2 or 3 position training.

Last edited by little Guest at 3/26/2024 1:17:09 AM

Advertisement