BB Global (English) > Discussion: News / Upcoming Game Engine Changes

Discussion: News / Upcoming Game Engine Changes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
55427.22 in reply to 55427.21
Date: 10/31/2008 10:39:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
u cant blame the BBs. they only said that fast paced tactics were more powerful, and most teams are better playing fast paced. so u either made the mistake never realizing that your team is worse playing slow, that would have been solely your fault or your team is one of a few which is better playing slow. than your team will be a lot more powerful after those changes....

This Post:
55427.23 in reply to 55427.22
Date: 10/31/2008 8:45:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
so u either made the mistake never realizing that your team is worse playing slow,

Absolutely right, I made the mistake. However, I was just going by the rules:

A slower pace will often result in higher-quality shots, but occasionally will result in bad shots at the end of the shot clock.

Note the use of the word "often" - which to me makes it sound like a slower pace can be a better choice for many teams - especially ones with a good flow. On the other hand, the News from BB-Charles said:

currently fast-paced tactics are better for nearly every team in BuzzerBeater

To be clear - this doesn't mean that "most" teams are better playing fast paced. They said "nearly every". This is either a bug or a really, really bad design. Why give users options that are never useful?

In a perfect world, the rules should be extremely clear and there should be no bugs in the game. On the other hand, I understand that it is not a perfect world. There will be bugs in the game. If other users find them and exploit them, yeah, it is my mistake for not getting there first. However, if the BBs find them, they should be reported to the users and/or the appropriate section of the rules should be changed. They should not wait until the problem is fixed. Otherwise, what's the point in having rules in the first place?

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
55427.24 in reply to 55427.23
Date: 11/1/2008 2:32:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
now as we know,

playing a fast paced running game doesnt usually turn to a win , but high scoring it is.

usually a running game as said here translate to more shot attempts but it all depends on your team passing.

questions that went to my head,

should i start worrying about my b ig men only having mediocre and average pasing skills which when they rebs doesnt leave the fact they might throw a long outlet pass.

because i feel with this new implementation id probably be heading for a 3-5 to a game average for my big men

also with this i completely increase the demand of a better passing skill for the guards through which to not let them threw the ball outside often times than shot the ball.

well i got to see this really :D

This Post:
55427.25 in reply to 55427.24
Date: 11/1/2008 3:44:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
now as we know,

playing a fast paced running game doesnt usually turn to a win , but high scoring it is.

usually a running game as said here translate to more shot attempts but it all depends on your team passing.

questions that went to my head,

should i start worrying about my b ig men only having mediocre and average pasing skills which when they rebs doesnt leave the fact they might throw a long outlet pass.

because i feel with this new implementation id probably be heading for a 3-5 to a game average for my big men

also with this i completely increase the demand of a better passing skill for the guards through which to not let them threw the ball outside often times than shot the ball.

well i got to see this really :D

So in laymans terms what do these changes mean?

The way I read them is that passing/handling (ie. Offensive flow) is now more important (or is this just wishful thinking on my behalf?!)

I have always thought/hoped that passing/handling should be a key stat across all players and have always been surprised how certain bigmen with just IS/ID/RB get 15+ ratings with little or no HD/PA....

Anyway I digress.... In my own interpretation of tactics, I assume fast paced tactics are suited more to teams with above average stamina... I am interested to see/learn if low stamina reduces the effectiveness of high paced tactics as well...

Maybe we will see a return to base offense man to man??!!

This Post:
55427.26 in reply to 55427.25
Date: 11/1/2008 3:51:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
in the same sense,

if we put it in real perspective those players who dont have the right or enough skills level in passing would be as we say hell of time in distress and probably dont know who and how and even when to pass.

aside from throwing away the ball often times, or even in the sense of just giving the ball to a opponent especially on a full court press.

we might see thos eplayers probably bench than being on the floor.

its really something im concern since i play r&g all my buzzerbeater life

This Post:
55427.27 in reply to 55427.25
Date: 11/1/2008 4:05:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have always thought/hoped that passing/handling should be a key stat across all players and have always been surprised how certain bigmen with just IS/ID/RB get 15+ ratings with little or no HD/PA....

there should be some benefit for higher than lvl7 passing on the
PF/C, but at the same time it shouldn't become an attribute that is of more importance than ID/R/IS etc. lvl7 handling & passing skills should be enough for a big man to not be a turnover king, but then i guess it is also dependent on the defensive skills of the player they are up against.

for what it's worth, i have found that poor handling skills on inside guys is ok (i guess if they get the ball close to the basket they just chuck it up) but those without passing tend to turn it over a lot.

I assume fast paced tactics are suited more to teams with above average stamina... I am interested to see/learn if low stamina reduces the effectiveness of high paced tactics as well...

i hope that is correct

This Post:
55427.28 in reply to 55427.23
Date: 11/1/2008 6:07:42 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:

To be clear - this doesn't mean that "most" teams are better playing fast paced. They said "nearly every". This is either a bug or a really, really bad design. Why give users options that are never useful?

because 95% of BB teams have offensive flow as their weaker rating
that's probably a reason why slow tactics don't work for them

This Post:
55427.29 in reply to 55427.25
Date: 11/1/2008 11:12:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've had a C with 8 passing about 2 seasons ago, I played him as a PF and he averaged 4-5 assist a game, so I guess it pays off to have passing Cs.

This Post:
55427.30 in reply to 55427.29
Date: 11/1/2008 6:09:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am curious about that if lucky fun feature will be removed? or will be tweaked?

Message deleted
Advertisement