BB USA > The Panther Press (28370)

The Panther Press (28370)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
192927.221 in reply to 192927.220
Date: 10/7/2011 7:52:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hrudey, don't save your best stuff for that "other" game. Spread it around.

I don't know. I am kind of wary of making laugh on someone who's fisting smurfs.

You know, I can't blame you there. Once again, your sensibilities have shown through.

This Post:
192927.222 in reply to 192927.1
Date: 10/12/2011 7:35:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It all comes down to Saturday! We're pulling for you. Will the Panthers find a way to make it into the playoffs?

What does Buckeyefan01 have in store for his fans, america?

To: Xarn
This Post:
192927.223 in reply to 192927.222
Date: 10/12/2011 7:39:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Toccoa will not only make the playoffs, he will be the 3rd seed! America's team has a unique "win and your in" opportunity against Liberty and Power in the cradle of America we call Toccoa. The Smurf's also have a tough road game against Angerfist....and the Panthers know all too well what it feels like to get Angerfisted...

This Post:
192927.224 in reply to 192927.223
Date: 10/15/2011 8:44:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Big Game

Tonight is a playoff or no playoff game against Liberty and Power. Liberty and Power has recently added many strong inside players. The Panthers are hoping that Kurtzio Aranzabal and Normandio Granada will be able to stop the inside attack.

Buckeyefan01 had this to say:
"We would like to play and outside offense against these guys, but since we are still missing Carles Pello our starting SG, we have problems with that. We would play an inside offense, but they have a fantastic inside defense. Our staff has decided which offense to play and the players have been perfecting it."

A tough decision for the Panthers. The game will be played at the Panthers Grip tonight at 8pm! Come out and support your Panthers and America's Team! GO Panthers!

This Post:
192927.225 in reply to 192927.224
Date: 10/15/2011 7:36:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This Post:
192927.226 in reply to 192927.225
Date: 10/15/2011 10:17:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let the Party Begin

The Panthers have just beat Liberty and Power 99-87 to get into the playoffs! The team was missing Carles Pello, but that did not seem to stop the team. The Panthers were lead by veteran point guard Eise de Wit. He had the game of his career scoring 31 points on 12-17 shooting, dished out 11 assists, and grabbed 6 rebounds against a fantastic rebounding team in Liberty and Power. He also provided late game free throws to clinch the game for the Panthers. The opponent Eise was guarding shot 4-12 from the court with only 8 points.

Eise de Wit had this to say on the performance of his game:
"Tonight was a great game for me. I was able to find open shots and I was able to make them. Throughout the game I was able to find my teammates for an open shot and they made it. All week long we practiced playing against the 2-3 zone and we found holes in it. This helped out me as well as my teammates. The screaming fans really helped us gain momentum as we were able to pull away in the 4th quarter. I am ready for the playoffs and I am ready to hold up the championship trophy! Go Panthers!"

Over 10,000 fans turned out at the Panthers Grip to support America's Team. The Panthers are now waiting to find out who they will be playing in the first round of the playoffs. Good luck in the playoffs! Go Panthers!

This Post:
192927.227 in reply to 192927.226
Date: 10/19/2011 3:13:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Although you got smurf'd again, the important thing is that your lads stood tall (though, honestly, compared to a smurf!), and you weren't blue out.

So now that it's the offseason, are you going to do the right thing by America and get some Americans on your roster?

This Post:
192927.228 in reply to 192927.227
Date: 10/19/2011 5:24:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Although you got smurf'd again, the important thing is that your lads stood tall (though, honestly, compared to a smurf!), and you weren't blue out.

So now that it's the offseason, are you going to do the right thing by America and get some Americans on your roster?

I have to say.... Well, really I don't "have" to say anything at all. It is more of a case of I "want" to say. But then it occurs to me that those who want to read this thread may not want to read what I want or have to say at all. However, posting here would force those who "want" to read this thread to "have" to read what I just "wanted" to say. In the end, I forget what I "wanted" or "had" to say in the first place. Therefore, I will simply say "Buy American"

To: Xarn
This Post:
192927.229 in reply to 192927.228
Date: 10/20/2011 9:57:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I have to say.... Well, really I don't "have" to say anything at all. It is more of a case of I "want" to say. But then it occurs to me that those who want to read this thread may not want to read what I want or have to say at all. However, posting here would force those who "want" to read this thread to "have" to read what I just "wanted" to say. In the end, I forget what I "wanted" or "had" to say in the first place. Therefore, I will simply say "Buy American"

You know, I read your post word-for-word into a tape recorder, not literally of course but the point being I recorded those very utterances in the order in which they were uttered (or, at the very least, in the order they appeared on the screen). When I played the tape backwards, I kid you not, a spectral voice appeared and said: "vote buckeyefan for NT coach!" So, obviously, Paul is dead.

This Post:
192927.230 in reply to 192927.229
Date: 10/20/2011 9:25:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Panthers looking for Americans

When a team is called America's Team, you would expect that the majority if not all players were from America. The fans have been asking for this for quite some time and after a playoff disappointment the management for the Panthers has decided to sell a few players and try to look for some young Americans.

Also you would expect that American players would want to be on America's Team. As far as scouting goes the staff reports they have only scouted 4 players. It seems like the young and inexperienced players do not know if they can handle the pressure of being on America's Team.

Buckeyefan01 has this to say:
"Well right now we have our eyes on two young players who will be valuable once we get them trained. We are hoping by selling some of our best players, including Kurtzio Aranzabal that we can create a new and exciting and Red, White, and Blue team."

Some fans want new players, but feel that selling Kurztio Aranzabal would not be the best move for the team. One fan had this to say:
"I am originally from Spain, and I personally love to see Aranzbal play. I don't see why all the players have to be "American's" when America has a mixture of people from all around the world. Isn't that what America is? America is people from all around the world, put into one great country. I think the Panthers should also represent this, but still have some Americans."

We decided to ask the fans what they think! Do you want a team of all American's or do you want a team of people from all around the world? Voice your opinion in this thread! Go Panthers!

This Post:
192927.231 in reply to 192927.230
Date: 10/20/2011 9:43:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Panthers looking for Americans

When a team is called America's Team, you would expect that the majority if not all players were from America. The fans have been asking for this for quite some time and after a playoff disappointment the management for the Panthers has decided to sell a few players and try to look for some young Americans.

Also you would expect that American players would want to be on America's Team. As far as scouting goes the staff reports they have only scouted 4 players. It seems like the young and inexperienced players do not know if they can handle the pressure of being on America's Team.

Buckeyefan01 has this to say:
"Well right now we have our eyes on two young players who will be valuable once we get them trained. We are hoping by selling some of our best players, including Kurtzio Aranzabal that we can create a new and exciting and Red, White, and Blue team."

Some fans want new players, but feel that selling Kurztio Aranzabal would not be the best move for the team. One fan had this to say:
"I am originally from Spain, and I personally love to see Aranzbal play. I don't see why all the players have to be "American's" when America has a mixture of people from all around the world. Isn't that what America is? America is people from all around the world, put into one great country. I think the Panthers should also represent this, but still have some Americans."

We decided to ask the fans what they think! Do you want a team of all American's or do you want a team of people from all around the world? Voice your opinion in this thread! Go Panthers!

Since they are American, you can also expect them to hold out for the right price. ;)

Advertisement