Minor suggestion 2 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
202503.227 in reply to 202503.226
Date: 3/6/2012 2:46:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Additional statistics suggestion - Stat Per Minute
I think it will be interesting to have the Assist/Rebounds/Points (and other) as a value per minute.

Not that important (and does is why it is a minor suggestion), but nice to have.

This Post:
202503.228 in reply to 202503.226
Date: 3/6/2012 3:18:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all,

I've had this idea about a Community Hall of Fame. Now before i explain the maybe hows and whats, let me first explain the why part:

I personally find it disturbing that managers who have contribuated alot to the Community (be it in their own respective nation or BB community in it's whole) are not really recognized for their passed efforts. And by that, i'm not meaning that you should reward them with some cash, or whatever. However, their should be a sort of tribiute to the managers who have done alot of the BB ( or their nations) community. A sort of Hall of Fame, to honor them so that everybody can see who the great managers were and what they have done for the community.

The reason why i'm bringing this up, is that in the very near futur, a belgian manager will be quitting the game ( he has announced it that this would be his last season) and altho i strongly dislike the idea of him leaving BB, i would like to see a way of recognizing the great managers for what they've done for the community. He has done an enormous ammount of for us and altho not everyone gets allong with him, he is respected by everyone for what he has done for our ( the belgian community in particular). Thus, if possible, i'd like to see some kind of hall of fame, in which managers can be 'elected' to, for their past contributions to the community.

The way on how this election should happen, i haven't totally figured out yet. Their are several different way's of contribuating to a community. And often, people take things for granted, forgetting how much time and effort somebody has put into the community to make it to what people see it is today.

I'm pretty sure that almost every nation has had one ( or more) guy's who have been working hard for the community, each in their respective way's, and their should be some kind of way to reward those managers for their efforts ( and it might also encourage other managers to make (more) contributions to a nations community or BB's overal community).

As for the position where people should be able to view this 'Hall of Fame', their would be several spots. Maybe a link on the Nations overview, or a link to it in the dropdown menu of the nation. a Link to that page might be able to be inserted under the National forums sneak peak or so.

As for the methode: i'd suggest that to get someone elected to that 'Hall of Fame' that
*) his name should be submitted by atleast 2^n other managers, where n would stand for the ammount of divisions in that country (so if their are 5 divisions, the name should have been submitted by atleast 32 people for consideration).
*) person should have atleast have completed 11 seasons on BB (which is the equivalent of 3 years in RL more or less)
*) before being admitted to that hall of fame, the oldest GM of that Nation should approve his nomination (or the second oldest if the nomination is for the oldest one, and if they don't have that, a GM from a neighbouring community with a simular language or so)
*) a manager can only submit one name every 2 seasons.
*) only one candidate can be admitted to the Hall of fame every 2 seasons ( Oldest GM of the nation should have the last say concerning that. This is to prevent popular managers from having a ton of people putting up their name, just to get their name on that Hall of fame board, which could very well happen in the very large communities... Also, if the GM doesn't deem anyone worthy, then nobody should be added to that Hall of Fame. That to prevent the GM from forcefully having to chose between several popular managers who rallied their friends to submit their names...)

This Post:
202503.229 in reply to 202503.228
Date: 3/6/2012 3:19:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

i'm fully aware that most likely some more conditions should be put up, but i've put up these 5 keeping in mind that the smaller nations should be able to get people into that 'hall of fame' aswell.

Anyhow, it's just an idea to honor the managers who have worked hard for the BB community, be it the global one, or their own Nation one.

Would love to hear your replies about this idea.

LA-Revo

ps: i'm fully aware that extremely popular managers could end up kinda end up forcing theri way in their, that is why the GM's of that nation should have the final say about it. But the main idea is to pay homage to those who have truely made great contributions to our community

pps: maybe i should put this in a seperate topic, just to be sure that it doesn't get lost, but i wanted to put it out here first, before making a new topic just for one idea.

This Post:
202503.231 in reply to 202503.1
Date: 3/7/2012 7:46:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like to see a stat for "teamrebounds", so the situations where a team get a rebound without having a player who actually grabs it(since it go out of bound after a scrumble etc.).

This Post:
202503.234 in reply to 202503.231
Date: 3/8/2012 5:42:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like to see a stat for "teamrebounds", so the situations where a team get a rebound without having a player who actually grabs it(since it go out of bound after a scrumble etc.).

great idea. And i think i've seen it a while ago in some posts, but could we also got a stat for 'shot blocked' ( being that you player was blocked on his shot attempt. right now, we only see who blocked the shot, but not who shot was blocked...)

and allong the same line of GM-crazyEye: could we made also get a stat to see who takes the shots when the games are on the line ( 10 point difference with 3 minutes or less left in the game, or during OT?)

And i'll then open an own thread for the 'community hall of fame', see how the others think about it then. thx for the head up ollurg, problem tho: i can't read spanish, and whatever i send through Google translate is such weird structured languages ( not to mention that if you translate vegetarian hamburgers from dutch, it will be translated to: vegetarian civilians according to google translate... so that might explain why alot of sentences don't make any sence...)

Last edited by AthrunZala at 3/8/2012 5:43:33 AM

This Post:
202503.235 in reply to 202503.234
Date: 3/8/2012 6:05:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Minor Suggestion

What I would like to see in the player search option is -- level of experience - This feature should not be too difficult to program. Might not be too useful, but might be a fun add on.

This Post:
202503.236 in reply to 202503.215
Date: 3/8/2012 6:12:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
We really really really need the old forum post rating -system back, with the possibility of voting minus!
Nowadays the forums are flooded by "spam" i.e. really low level of IQ in the messages, the same people posting many messages per day, and almost always some user globally gives them a ball and boosts their sel-esteem, making them post even more, and quite often the content is the same same same over and over again in new threads. A positive tone should also be rewarded and a negative tone can be penalized if it was possible to vote negative. This to make a positive environment in the forums/community instead of scaring away new users.

!zazhigai!
Advertisement