The Panther Press (28370)

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Xarn
This Post:
192927.229 in reply to 192927.228
Date: 10/20/2011 9:57:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Although you got smurf'd again, the important thing is that your lads stood tall (though, honestly, compared to a smurf!), and you weren't blue out.

So now that it's the offseason, are you going to do the right thing by America and get some Americans on your roster?

I have to say.... Well, really I don't "have" to say anything at all. It is more of a case of I "want" to say. But then it occurs to me that those who want to read this thread may not want to read what I want or have to say at all. However, posting here would force those who "want" to read this thread to "have" to read what I just "wanted" to say. In the end, I forget what I "wanted" or "had" to say in the first place. Therefore, I will simply say "Buy American"

You know, I read your post word-for-word into a tape recorder, not literally of course but the point being I recorded those very utterances in the order in which they were uttered (or, at the very least, in the order they appeared on the screen). When I played the tape backwards, I kid you not, a spectral voice appeared and said: "vote buckeyefan for NT coach!" So, obviously, Paul is dead.

This Post:
192927.230 in reply to 192927.229
Date: 10/20/2011 9:25:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Panthers looking for Americans

When a team is called America's Team, you would expect that the majority if not all players were from America. The fans have been asking for this for quite some time and after a playoff disappointment the management for the Panthers has decided to sell a few players and try to look for some young Americans.

Also you would expect that American players would want to be on America's Team. As far as scouting goes the staff reports they have only scouted 4 players. It seems like the young and inexperienced players do not know if they can handle the pressure of being on America's Team.

Buckeyefan01 has this to say:
"Well right now we have our eyes on two young players who will be valuable once we get them trained. We are hoping by selling some of our best players, including Kurtzio Aranzabal that we can create a new and exciting and Red, White, and Blue team."

Some fans want new players, but feel that selling Kurztio Aranzabal would not be the best move for the team. One fan had this to say:
"I am originally from Spain, and I personally love to see Aranzbal play. I don't see why all the players have to be "American's" when America has a mixture of people from all around the world. Isn't that what America is? America is people from all around the world, put into one great country. I think the Panthers should also represent this, but still have some Americans."

We decided to ask the fans what they think! Do you want a team of all American's or do you want a team of people from all around the world? Voice your opinion in this thread! Go Panthers!

This Post:
192927.231 in reply to 192927.230
Date: 10/20/2011 9:43:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Panthers looking for Americans

When a team is called America's Team, you would expect that the majority if not all players were from America. The fans have been asking for this for quite some time and after a playoff disappointment the management for the Panthers has decided to sell a few players and try to look for some young Americans.

Also you would expect that American players would want to be on America's Team. As far as scouting goes the staff reports they have only scouted 4 players. It seems like the young and inexperienced players do not know if they can handle the pressure of being on America's Team.

Buckeyefan01 has this to say:
"Well right now we have our eyes on two young players who will be valuable once we get them trained. We are hoping by selling some of our best players, including Kurtzio Aranzabal that we can create a new and exciting and Red, White, and Blue team."

Some fans want new players, but feel that selling Kurztio Aranzabal would not be the best move for the team. One fan had this to say:
"I am originally from Spain, and I personally love to see Aranzbal play. I don't see why all the players have to be "American's" when America has a mixture of people from all around the world. Isn't that what America is? America is people from all around the world, put into one great country. I think the Panthers should also represent this, but still have some Americans."

We decided to ask the fans what they think! Do you want a team of all American's or do you want a team of people from all around the world? Voice your opinion in this thread! Go Panthers!

Since they are American, you can also expect them to hold out for the right price. ;)

This Post:
192927.232 in reply to 192927.230
Date: 10/20/2011 10:05:08 PM
Cassville Yuck
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yuckville Cass
I would really like to see America's Team bring in a good young American trainee that we fans can watch grow. 18 or 19 year old perrenial all-star or better potential. A young face America can identify with. One that starts at the bottom and works his way to the top. A true American success story. A kid we can back. I don't care how many foreigners are on the team I just need someone to believe in, like the rest of America. Get a kid out of Detroit and single handedly lift the spirits of an entire city.

This Post:
192927.233 in reply to 192927.232
Date: 10/26/2011 2:41:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is a hilarious thread. My team the Oilers have had some real good games against the Panthers. they are a fun team to play but I never realized they were America's team!!! Well that makes our the games the Civil WAR!!!

This Post:
192927.234 in reply to 192927.233
Date: 10/26/2011 3:43:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Numbers Lumpkin is on your team, i think you might have a real chance with him

Message deleted
This Post:
192927.236 in reply to 192927.234
Date: 10/27/2011 7:30:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Americuh.

This Post:
192927.237 in reply to 192927.230
Date: 11/2/2011 4:50:44 PM
Cassville Yuck
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yuckville Cass
I wouldn't mind seeing an America's Team mentorship program in place. I think Brain Buster over with the Cleveland Cutters has some real promise to rise up and take America by the groin. I bring this up to protect America and its best interest. If Toccoa were to go AWOL, America could be left at the alter. We need a team in place ready to seize the moment should Uncle Sam come calling. Brain Buster has locked down Ohio, which traditionally is a swing state and he could have America in his sights.

This Post:
192927.238 in reply to 192927.237
Date: 11/5/2011 9:58:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Panthers Win Season Opener At Home

Tonight America's Team faced off against the Smurf Village Smurfs. The same team who knocked us out of the playoffs without our SG Carles Pello. Tonight proved why we needed Pello in the matchup against the Smurfs. We squeaked out a 120-118 victory while playing TIE. The Panthers did not have a solid lead until the final seconds of the game. They had to hold of the dangerous three pointers to win the game.

Buckeyefan01 had this to say:
"We were all devastated after the post-season loss and we wanted to prove to ourselves that we can still play and we have a chance at winning this league. Our main focus was to start the season on the right foot, unlike last year, so we do not have to worry about games in the late season. Right now our season is looking good and we will do everything to keep it in the right direction."

The Panthers were without recently acquired Jason Funk for most of the game, but luckily Arturo Noras stepped up for the team. He was awarded player of the game for his key performance off the bench. The Panthers usually fantastic defense did not show up today, but luckily the offense was there to help power the team. Here is a link to the game ratings: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/39470036/boxscore.aspx

We will see how the Panthers will play against Moorningsport Oilers on the road, Tuesday night at 8 pm. Go Panthers!

This Post:
192927.239 in reply to 192927.229
Date: 11/5/2011 11:49:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
omg i loved the beetles refernce there... did u happen to watch the movie paul is dead... its great

img src="http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n585/Cuacomic/antivenom.jpg"
Advertisement